View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 RtD: Mega Corporation Back in business! 

Post Re: RtD: Mega Corporation now using d10 and still open.
Naw. Waiting for roll. Caek is unconscious.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:49 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Harzipan wrote:
Naw. Waiting for roll. Caek is unconscious.

Yep. Not posted a action since doing so would be irrelevant.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:07 pm
Profile WWW

Good boy caek.

I'll roll whenever I get a spare hour with wifi. The thing is that my mobile phone contract gives me 3g connection abroad, but something went wrong and I'm now struck with no connection whatsoever except the wifi that is limited to this very crowded camping bar.

Going to attempt to sport this out, if not I'll roll tomorrow, that's a promise!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Harzipan - Nikolai Petrouski.
6 - Bring Nate's body to behind cover and attempt to apply medical treatment.

You grab run into the lobby and into danger. Bullets ripping everything around you to pieces. Grabbing Nathan by the collar you drag him to the counter where Heather is taking cover and signalling you to come over. You use all your strength to trite his muscular frame over the counter. When you follow him you look at his wounds, he's in bad shape and needs medical attention.
You too his shirt to pieces and turn it into makeshift bandages. He'll make it to the HQ where they can fix him up. His left arm is not going to make it though.

Caekdaemon - Nathaniel McDonohugh.
Not dying.

God that tastes bad! Wait a second.

Asklar - Edward Smith.
10 - Help Niko on keeping Nathan alive.

As Niko jumps out of cover you follow his example, can't let him bite the bullet now. Covering fire might just give him a better chance. As you pull the trigger the Thumper unleashes hell upon guard and furniture alike. Ripping cotton apart as if it were flesh, or is it the other way around?
Niko and Heather are taking care of Nathaniel and your clip just ran out. You decide to join them. Reloading on the way over. A vault over the lobby desk ours you right next to Nathaniel, who isn't looking too good.

You grab one of the vials of combat drugs from Heathers pocket and pour the contents down his throat. His eyes shoot open and he gives a scream if pain. But he's back alive and awake!
"you okay?"
"been better, let's get out if here."
"with you on that mate."

NikolasX - Heather.
6 - Help Nathan, wait for ride.

Just as you get ready to make a rub for Nathan you see Niko beat you to it. You signal him to come over so you can both treat him. There's not much you can do, he's in bad shape but he'll make it, you let Niko do the medic stuff, you're better at killing.

Game events:
Nathaniel is back alive and kooks like he can walk out if here with just a bit of help. His injuries didn't magically cure themselves though.

You hear shouting outside and shots that differ from those fired in past few minutes. Looks like your ride arrived and it's crew is helping the police storm the building.

Time to go!

Wifi ♥♥♥♥ yeah!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Provide covering fire for Nathan if needed while exiting the building.

"Good to see that you're alive. Now let's make sure you stay that way. Everyone! We're getting out of here!"

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:00 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Let's go."
Badass stride towards the vehicle.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 pm
Profile WWW

Get out of the building

"This could be tough."

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:06 pm

"Not if our ride does it's job properly. We should be clear to go unless nothing unforeseen happens, like another explosion going off.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:23 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Run to the vehicle.

"Almost there!"

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Harzipan - Nikolai Petrouski.
3 - Provide covering fire for Nathan if needed while exiting the building.

With most guards either down or too occupied with what's happening outside you once again brave the lobby.
Intending to provide covering fire while Ed helps Nathan over the desk.
You pull the extendable shoulder stock out of the smg, cock it and level it with the closest guard's chest.

*Click*

"♥♥♥♥ piece of ♥♥♥♥ ammo less peashooter."
Never mind the covering fire, the others look like they're doing just fine. You run after them to the APC.

Caekdaemon - Nathaniel McDonohugh.
8 - Badass stride towards the vehicle.

Edward helps you to your feet, and over the desk and before he has a chance to jump after you and help you to the APC you start walking in it's direction.

"Need help?" Ed asks.
"I don't need my arm for walking, do I?" You say as you keep a walking at a good pace.

On the way you even manage to decapitate a guard just before he shoots Niko.

As Ed holds the door for you, you enter the APC, only to be greeted by a "Ooooh" from the medic sitting opposite.

Asklar - Edward Smith.
6 - Run to the vehicle.

Time to go!
After helping Nathan over it you too jump over the desk. Only to see he has already set of on his own.
"Need help?"
"I don't need my arm for walking, do I?"
He's got a point and you decide to let him walk on his own. Instead making sure he had a clear path through the lobby.
Except for Heather's little table shaped window destroyer, he'll have to go around that.
You hold the door for him and the others and enter the vehicle after the last crewman enters.

NikolasX - Heather.
6 - Get out of the building.

There's only one thing on your mind now: getting out of this half destroyed skyscraper.
Let Ed carry Nathan and Niko fend for himself.
You leap over the desk and start running trough the lobby, hearing the now nearly familiar clanking of the robot's four feet just behind you.
"Fine, you can come too!"
You jump on through the APC's top hatch, which the robot closes behind you as it grabs the ring.
You realize how stupid you look as Ed opens the door for Nathan.

Mission: COMPLETE!
Primary objectives completed:
Disrupted operations. 1000 credits
Secondary objectives completed:
Killed CEO. 300 credits
Looted labs. 200 credits
Destroyed labs. 500 credits
Wiped security feed. 200 credits
Not wanted by police. 200 credits

Failed objectives:
Retrieved relevant research data.
Stole corporate funds.

Debriefing in next post.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:53 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Easy."
Sit back and chillax, get information about the stuff I looted.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

"That went... decently. Besides for the whole premature explosion, I'd say that we did a fine job.

Relax.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:24 pm

I hate to admit it, but I have had a talk with my provider and we worked everything out, and then something went wrong and it didn't submit my second post, so a very pissed off part of me said "♥♥♥♥ it" and left it alone for a while. But yeah, you weren't supposed to post yet. Caek was really quick though.

Debriefing:
Everybody gets back to base and takes a well deserved nights rest. Except Nathan, who was transported to the medical labs as he left the APC. On the way he said something about the mission being easy. After which a doctor thought he was delusional and anaesthetized him. He woke up after all the loot was processed.
Combat drugs: turned out to be the kind that take away all the pain and make you really courageous. Very addictive though.
Armor alloy: like it says on the box, an alloy made specifically for the armoring of vehicles. Resists impacts and heat better than anything else.
HEAP ammo: the missing link for Saltech's railgun. The first round of it's kind to be capable of exceeding mach 5. Heather woke up and found a box at her doorstep, with a note saying: "just ask if you run out."
Prototype smg: the .50 caseless round turned out to be unreliable, therefor Saltech's engineers remilled the barrel and receiver to accept the bigger .65 round, which is very effective against unarmored targets.
Rapier arm augs: a fine example of how far ahead prototypes can be, these augs are of a modular design and can be improved upon with attachments. The left unit was used to replace Nathan's arm which was so damaged that it had to be amputated. A thoughtful scientist modified a dart gun so it fits in his wrist.

Your central room has a computer with a flashing notification. You all gather around and Niko opens the prerecorded message. The man's face appears on the screen.
"Each of you has received 2400 credits as a reward for the great work you did at Apex Dynamics. You are free to spend this money as you wish. Oh and one more thing, I found you a new friend." He winks and the video ends.
Like clockwork a "thing" comes walking in. He introduces himself as Dagenham, and looks around trying to find a weapon that grabs his fancy.
He takes the 6.7mm smg that was outlawed after the authorities found out how it rips through kevlar.
And the 8 gauge revolving shotgun. A weapon that looks like a bastard child of a massive revolver and a hunting rifle.

Thekebbit, aka Dagenham joins the game! He also received 2400 credits.

Among the five of you, you decide there are a few ways to spend these credits:
At the R&D department, for high tech weapons and equipment.
At the general armoury, which has ex military equipment of all kinds.
And on the streets, where the local thugs sell everything that "has fallen off a truck" and were a local tinkerer might just have built the perfect ramshackle piece of gear.

Have fun shopping, specif shopping lists will come up after you've chosen your individual destinations.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 pm

"Off to R&D. I'm going to go grab some augs, if they have any that catch my eye. Hah. Eye. Get it? No? Alright. See you guys later.

Head off to R&D.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:43 pm

"Evening, gents. Nathan, how's yer arm? And you, ma'am. The crashing through roofs shtick working for ya?"

Wink at the lady, grin at the rest. Leave for the armoury shortly.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next