View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Harbingers of the end times R-R-R-R-REBOOOOOT! 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - The harbingers of the end times
> Let the swine serve as a vessel for a chaos demon.

"Tzeentch, my lord and master, please give me power to further empower my flames in your name."

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Slaanesh, I ask you to bless me with a greater bow so I may vanquish my enemies in your name."
Sacrifice the body to Slaanesh for him to do whatever with it.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

4 Feed him his intestines, goddammit.
6 Sacrifice the body to Slaanesh for him to do whatever with it.
1 Feed him his intestines, goddammit.
9 Let 'im go. More men for the horde is always gooder.
10 Let the swine serve as a vessel for a chaos demon.
(You lot have no idea how happy this result makes me.)
You all have your own ideas as to what should be done with this man. Asmodeus, Atstakadan and Robert move in for the kill. All in the name of their gods. But as they close in they find themselves incapable of getting within 10 feet of the man, a ball of energy surrounds him and is impenetrable by any worldly or otherworldly thing. The Khornish champions roar in rage as they smell the blood in the air yet are incapable of spilling it in the name of their god.
The followers of Tzeentch however are surprisingly calm, one of them offering the man a safe passage out, if you can call joining the biggest band of rapists and murderers safe, yet the other has a much more evil plan: Daemonic possession.
The air inside the ball starts to crackle with as the man is lifted from the ground by what seems to be invisible hands grabbing him by his hands and feet.

New rule time: Daemonic summoning/possession!

MLC rolled a 10 so we'll continue from there.

The eight pointed star the man has painted on his chest with the blood of his old comrades suddenly turns into a small circular portal to the Chaos planes. As it grows larger every second it sucks the human's body in from the other side. Not long after the portal has reached a size of a good two ogre's. It is at that time that a massive Daemon comes through it. 1! A great two headed bird appears before you. Holding a shape shifting staff in it's right hand a book in the other it approaches Hekthorne.
"Tzeentch, my lord and master, please give me power to further empower my flames in your name."
"You have summoned us?"
"Yes I have, Khalz" The name of the Daemon seems familiar, although you've never said it before.
"Very well then, I will grant you one page of my book."
The Daemon rips out a single page from his book and unceremoniously walks back through the portal.
This page however, contains more information than any mortal sorcerer could. It's lines riddled with powerful runes and incantations. All of them encompassing the usage of fire magic, luck was in your favour. Or was it more than luck? You think, as you find your name and today's date written in the corner of the page.
Ah well, you shouldn't worry, instead you should try one of the new spells you see on it's pages. You memorize the runes of one in the middle and as you speak them all others on the page dissappear, to be replaced with the following words:
"This page contains the knowledge required to become the most powerful fire mage on this plane of reality. Fuel it with glory and you will find it within your grasp."
You don't worry about this, as you find that on your right shoulder is a small black lizard, as if it were made from once molten rock. It yawns and as you look into it's maw you see a fire as bright as no other, an intense red beyond all others. You have no idea of the capabilities of this creature, but you think you'll find out soon. It's time to name it now.

Did not wish for a reward, I'll choose for you.
Hektorne is not the only one to be rewarded by the chaos gods.
You feel a strange vibration coming from the hilt of your axe. It slowly becomes stronger and stronger, until it's shaking so fast it's impossible to get a good view of it and it becomes hard to hold it in your hand.
Eventually it shakes itself free from your grip. And as the trembling weapon hits the ground you can hear the wood snapping, the iron breaking, the bolts snapping. Fearfully you look down to see not one, but two axes on the ground before you. Between them the following words form in the blood that flows over the cracks in the rock:
"One weapon caused you trouble to hit, don't disappoint me again."
Rule: Double wielding

You pick them up, the axes feel exactly the same as they/it did before. Only each of them is half as heavy as it used to be.

"Slaanesh, I ask you to bless me with a greater bow so I may vanquish my enemies in your name."
As you say these words the string of your bow starts to glow an unnatural blue. Brighter and brighter it gets, and hot too. The string is eventually set ablaze and the curved wood of your bow snaps back into shape as there is no longer a string to provide tension.
Is Slaanesh not happy with your deeds? Are you not good enough?
"Silly mortal, I simply improved upon your bow."
The voice of your god fills you with joy, and you take another look at your bow. The blue glowing has reached a comfortable hue and it no longer feels hot to the touch, actually, every time you touch it you feel a bolt of pleasure surging through your arm. You are now capable of pulling the arrow back even further and when it flies through the air it doesn't seem to lose energy, instead following a path straight forward, to infinity!
Your bow now deals +1 on the wound table.

Neither did you, writer's choice!
A lesser daemon of Khorne springs forth from the portal and runs at you at full speed. There is no way to dodge it and instead you raise your shield to try and deflect your unexpected attacker. The daemon crashes into the shield with an unexpected force, knocking you to your back. As you look up the daemon is gone. You get up, dazed by the event and inspect the damage the infernal creature might have inflicted on your shield. What you see is the exact opposite, the daemon has possessed your shield and it's energy is flowing through your armour, possessing it too. The iron reforges itself around you, growing spikes and horns that seem to be made of bone nor metal. When the transformation stops your armour feels stronger, not to mention more imposing to behold.

You've gained the armour of titans(possessed.)

Fervently pray for greater mastery of my current telekinetic abilities. Let tornadoes of stone strip the flesh from the enemies of glorious lord Tzeentch!
As the greater Daemon leaves the mortal realms through the same portal it entered through a small corner of a pages is ripped of by the wind and blows in your general direction. As you catch it you call out to the daemon to return it, but it's response is:
"Nothing is an accident young champion."
As you read the runes you feel like power is flowing through your veins, just like that night. You have no idea what is written on the piece of parchment, but for some reason you can't stop reading it. The power grows stronger with every word, and when you are done you notice several fist sized rocks are floating around you in gentle circles. You can manipulate the speed at which they rotate, but are not yet capable of picking up anything larger yet. You think the rocks might be strong enough to knock a man out if they hit him on the head.

The rocks now confer an automatic hit to a random enemy you are in combat with, at -2 to wound.

GIFTS WERE HANDED OUT.
MLC gets to name his elemental buddy.
And I have to figure out where I'll take the story next, as you return to the eye at the centre of the world. To be greeted by legions worth of cheering chaos warriors.
You are now officially champions of chaos!

Where would you like to go next? Discuss amongst yourselves or let me pick.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I, honesetly, have no ♥♥♥♥ idea where we should go. Maybe wreak havoc on some fringe settlements?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Whoops, I never noticed that we would be getting loot.

Anyway, I think we should go straight for a major city.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 am
Profile WWW

To the filthy dens of the Skaven, ripe with mutagenic warpstone for the pillaging!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:50 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I don't care where I just wanna shoot some doods with my awesome bow

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:35 am
Profile WWW

> Name the lizard Lizardheim

Let us conquer a city in the name of the chaos gods.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 am
Profile WWW

Post The harbingers of the end times MIGHT REBOOT
Is anybody still interested in this? I'm thinking about rebooting it with a new grid based combat system that actually makes sense.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: RtD The harbingers of the end times MIGHT REBOOT, SLOTS OPEN
sure why not

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

if you're gonna reboot it i'm in

Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:04 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Give this thread life anew.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:05 pm
Profile WWW

Sounds fun.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:14 pm
Profile WWW

Unanimous yes = will reboot.
now if only we had more than four players.....

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:01 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Yo.

It seems all the rtd's I join aren't meant for the world, so why not.
It's the least I can do since I can't get a game going.

Also, your tables are poorly written.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next