View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Harbingers of the end times R-R-R-R-REBOOOOOT! 

Post Harbingers of the end times R-R-R-R-REBOOOOOT!
Since my first RtD is a moderate success,(I'm having fun, the players seem to have fun, good enough.) but a bit of a mess, (the rules are a bit loose) I've decided to start another. However, this time we'll be going in a radically different direction!

The harbingers of the end times.
In a world ravaged by eternal bloodshed and suffering the four gods of chaos prosper, each has his own motives and followers, but united they stand against the mortal empires. Using both daemonic and mortal forces, sometimes even pitting an army against an enemy of the same race. Causing ethical and moral dilemmas among their enemies.
Their campaign is at it's height near the end of the third century. The chaos gods find themselves in combat with each of the six nations of Eidolon. They owe their success to the diversity and endless supply of troops, which ironically come from the very nations they are fighting, every man, woman or child is welcome in the armies of chaos. And those who refuse to join will be met with a brutal death at the hands of their former comrades.

The world of Eidolon is divided into seven areas, the very centre of the world belongs to chaos and is rapidly expanding.

The four gods of chaos are as following:

Well, that was the background, I hope I gave you a good read and that by now you must be quite exited for the world you might enter. Onto the rules:
Code:
This RtD uses a ten sided dice for most actions and a six sided one for certain more limited events.
Like Mega corporation, the players are allowed to talk to each other between rolls, planning tactics and discussing events.
Actions may be edited after these conversations. [b]But only once, and the original action will have to be stricken out instead of removed.[/b]
Permadeath is in place, but players may return to the game by joining the waiting list.
No god modding, bla bla bla, you know the drill.

Characters will follow the following template:
Code:
Name:(Go ahead, be creative.)
Race: (Pick any of the six races, all race specific perks are listed below.)
Devotion: (Which chaos god are you devoted to, or are you undivided.)
Road to chaos: (How did you become a servant of the chaos gods?)
Weapons and powers: (take up slots, more on that later)
Armour: (just like the above, more on it later.)

Race perks:

Onto weapons then, rules first:
For you to hit an enemy I shall roll a d10, including any modifiers in the result. Then I shall roll a d6 to see what the results of the hit were, using the following two tables:

Now that that's out of the way: weapons, powers and armour. Weapons and armour take up the slots equal to the number behind them. Weak characters get three slots, normal characters get four, strong characters get five and very strong characters get six. Powers use a different kind of slot, the amount of which is seven minus your race's base wargear slots. So elves get four and ogres get one. More slots might be rewarded later in the game. (lizardmen have three but are incapable of using any before they unlock a magic mutation.)
Weapons and armour:

Powers:

New rule time: Daemonic summoning/possession!

Rule: Double wielding

Well then, that's it for the rules!
They took me a few hours to write and must be full of exploits and spelling errors, please point these out to me.

6 slots are available.

Last edited by maart3n on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - The harbingers of the end times
Hurr da burp, signing up.

Name: Asmodeus
Race: Dwarf
Devotion: Khorne
Road to chaos: Asmodeus has shown to take extreme pleasure in killing his enemies in the most gruesome ways he can think of.
Weapons and powers: Axe, Flintlock Pistol
Armour: Medium shield and scale armour

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:21 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Name: Atskadan Jornak
Race: Lizardman
Devotion: Slaanesh
Road to chaos: Lived a luxurious and peaceful life as a nobleman until his wife, children, and home were all taken from him. Has since gone insane and is hellbent on destroying anything and anyone who is even remotely related to the catastrophe. Skilled in fighting.
Weapons and powers: Throwing Knives, Bow
Armour: Chain mail and small shield

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:18 pm
Profile WWW

i would like to join but right now i can't write up a character sheet

all i know is that EXTREME TZEENTCHIAN OGRE SPEEDRUN

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:59 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

dont name yourself havelock dagenham pls

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 am
Profile WWW

CHANGE OF PLAN
(THANKS FOR THE ORIGINAL IDEA, MIGGLES; I SURE WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE MY CHARACTER DESIGN WOULD GO WITHOUT YOU OLD BUDDY OLD PAL)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:16 am

BE NICE CHILDREN! PAPA NURGLE DOES NOT APPROVE!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Name: Robert Bobathion
Race: Human, Big Guy.
Devotion: Khorne
Road to chaos: Like many people in the Legions of Chaos, Robert joined because of the aristocratic nature of the Empire. Robert was poor, but an excellent fighter. Chaos has shown him the true path.
Weapons and powers: Flail. Control Animal and Crush.
Armour: Tower shield and plate armour.

Can't be bothered with the road to chaos today, done a ton of typing already. I take it this is in the fantasy Warhammer universe?

If so, dib's on being Chaos Chosen.

What exactly is being Undivided going to be like? I know it's following Chaos as a whole rather than worshipping one god, but how does that alter gameplay?

Last edited by caekdaemon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:50 am
Profile WWW

the slots/strength system seems pretty strange imo, especially if it applies to spells

if you're average with no equips, you can take four slots of spells, but if you're strong with no equips you can take five slots of spells

what bearing does strength even have on majykal power

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Also, having just read the combat table, if I roll a one, hitting myself, then roll a six, doing the attack supremely, do I instantly kill myself in the name of the Dark Gods, then get another kill in the afterlife?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:56 am
Profile WWW

maart3n wrote:
Since my first RtD is a moderate success,(I'm having fun, the players seem to have fun, good enough.) but a bit of a mess, (the rules are a bit loose) I've decided to start another. However, this time we'll be going in a radically different direction!

we're already finding loopholes, STEP IT UP HOMIE

(in all seriousness i want to ascertain the true nature of the slot system before making a char)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:58 am

Oh ♥♥♥♥ oh ♥♥♥♥ oh ♥♥♥♥ oh ♥♥♥♥.

The slot system was there so people could not both be a effective mage and warrior. I think you guys are right and have changed it. Check it out!

And no you don't strike out from the afterlife you silly boy. You just stab yourself so deep that it comes out through the other side. Hitting somebody else.

Undivided are blessed equally by each god, making them jacks of all trades, but the sum of all parts would be less than if you were dedicated to a certain god. So you won't be as good a magic user or close combat slaughterer as your comrades but you could still be better at magic then a follower of Khorne. More gifts, lower quality.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:37 am

Name: Grom the Fat-Head
Race: Ogre
Devotion: Tzeentch
Road to Chaos: Grom was always the tiny one; though still enormous by other race's standards, he was the runt of the litter. When all the other ogre younglings went to play their ogre games, like Throw the Rock or Eat the Tree, poor Grom was always left to count shiny rocks by himself. They all laughed at him, but he vowed to show them; he would get smart in sorcery, he would learn the shaman way, and they would all suffer and die for their ignorance.
Weapons: Cannon and Flail
Powers: Accelerate

this may be a dumb question, but does accelerate work on melee weapons or random objects along with your ranged gear?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:05 am
Loose Canon

Based on my experience in Areku's Deathwatch...
Tzeentch is a bastard and should be stabbed in the bird-god ♥♥♥♥.
Slaneesh is similarly a bastard but seeks its own advancement rather than dicking over everyone and thing around it like Tzeentch does.
Nurgle is a bro, but will give you the mother of all space AIDS.
Khorne is the god of PMS. Don't ♥♥♥♥ with female Khornites.

Of course this is only based on interactions with various daemons and a few supplementary readings, but still.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
Slaneesh is a bro, but will give you the mother of all space AIDS.

i fixed that for you

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next