View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Never-ending Heroes 

Post Re: Never-ending Heroes
Wait, I haven't been using my PKM? Or it just needs to be reloaded?

Whatever.

> Grab the PKM and reload, then run and gun, shooting at the pathetic little hero.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

Wait what? Yeah, you have been using the PKM, you just ran out of bullets... Again.
Do you need to rephrase your action?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Derp. I read PKM round as just PKM. I thought it had magically come out of my hands.

I won't get to the round before he throws it around anyway.

> RAGE

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 am
Profile WWW

I'd like to take this moment to say that one of you is gonna die real soon.

So that means you lurker readers can have a chance to play! Make a Hero and/or Villain sheet and PM it to me. I'll make a Waiting List in the OP.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:43 am

The Final Standoff! Who will win?

Hero wrote:
As you float in the air, dying, your mind forces your body to move. Your last action in this world will be - must be - to remove this menace from existence.

You drop the holey rotor blade. It's useless now. Instead, you focus all of your mental strength on taking hold of that round and throwing it with all of your might at Komrade Kurt. It is the only thing that keeps you alive at this moment. Your body sags, your heart slows, your eyes dim ...

Your fingers twitch. The round rolls, then moves ever so slowly towards Komrade Kurt.

No. It must be faster. You must work harder.

You lower yourself onto the stone castle rooftop and immediately drop to your knees. You are too weak...

The bullet slides along the stone paving like a snail ... until Komrade Kurt steps on it. You look at him. straight into those deep dark gasmask eye sockets. Your body goes slack.

Komrade Kurt drops his PKM without a care. He slowly and deliberately removes his pistol from the holster and points it at your head.
"Do svidaniya. Worthless Hero. You should never have tried so hard."

His finger pulls on the trigger. You squeeze your eyes shut and jerk your head up - the round forces it's way into Kurt's boot and foot. He grunts in pain, then fires his pistol.

You die.

Villain wrote:
The Hero's body begins to sag. He's dying. He even lets go of his makeshift, now worthless sword. His body slowly floats and kneels on the rooftop. You begin to walk.

The Hero reaches out painfully at the round on the pavers. It begins to move towards you, but you quickly stop that with a deliberate stomp of your boot.
He looks at you. He doesn't look sad, nor angry. His face is unreadable, but his hands are clenched. He is in a blinding, furious, unbelievable rage.

You sigh and take your pistol from the holster without rushing, then point it at his face.
"Goodbye. Worthless Hero. You should never have tried so hard."

You pull the trigger. The bullet from your pistol kills the Hero instantly and his head jerk backward. Your foot is suddenly feels like a knife is pushing through it and you cry out in shocked pain.
Underneath your boot, the bullet has gone upward and embedded itself in your foot. You just pull it out, but it hurts like a ♥♥♥♥♥.

The Hero, however, feels no pain. His kneeling form just sits there, perfectly balanced. So you kick him, angry that he basically 'shot' your foot with your own bullet.His body topples over backward and falls from the tower without a sound.

PlayerCharacterRollSuperpowerMinor PowerWeapon/sNemesisRank
CrazyMLCKomrade Kurt8Personal Infinite ArmyGas ImmunityPKM-74 LMGHipshot, EnderTyrant
TorrentHKUEnder5Inertia ManipulationSpacial PerceptionSteel HubcapKomrade KurtNewbie

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:33 pm

> Go downstairs and celebrate my victory with my Krouts on the way to the raid. If one of the Krouts has medical knowledge, get him to fix up my foot.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hero/Villain name: John Scrambo
Superpower: Accuracy.
Minor power: McGyvering weapons.
Description/Appearance: John Scrambo is six foot of well built muscle. He has a thick American accent and an army uniform. He carries a FN Minimi as his main weapon. Most of his uniform has been destroyed, or is covered in dirt. He wears a red bandanna around his thick, brown hair.
History: John Scrambo fought in Vietnam as a regular grunt, where he proved his expertise with a number of weapons, along with making up new ones on the fly. He's been called out of retirement for one last fight. He is a highly decorated veteran, and most certainly knows how to use a weapon.

Guess who this guy is a reference to? But I can't exactly be bothered to write an epic history like I usually do.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> BECOME A ZOMBIE AND EAT HIS FACE

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:02 pm
Profile WWW

Face it, buddy.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

Roll will be done tonight with the new Hero. I was just so busy over the weekend.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:13 am

Standing by for new Hero ...
Hero wrote:

Villain wrote:
You call for another chopper and get picked up from the tower top. All of your Krouts have the same training, so one of them cleans, disinfects and wraps your foot up in a bandage. You order the pilot to fly to the SECRET secret base. The one in the abandoned oil rig off the coast that the 'underground' gangs in Gurpsville talk about in hushed tones.
At this base, you have almost finished creating your Ultimate Weapon of Total Destruction, all you need is the 3.1415 carat Diamond from the Mayor's Wife's necklace to complete it.

(What's the Weapon again? I've forgotten...)

PlayerCharacterRollSuperpowerMinor PowerWeapon/sRank
CrazyMLCKomrade Kurt#Personal Infinite ArmyGas ImmunityPKM-74 LMGTyrant
caekdaemonJohn Scrambo#AccuracyMcGyvering weaponsFN Minimi LMGNewbie

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 pm

> Send out a platoon of Krouts to seize the Diamond. I mean, it's not like anyone's capable of stopping them, right?

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:22 pm
Profile WWW

(THis is just meant as an introduction and a filler. I'll post an action-needing roll next.)

Hero wrote:
An unmanned aerial surveillance drone flies overhead the castle, unseen and silent. It captured images of Kurt's battle with this unknown entity and beamed them across an isolated link via satellite to the Polygon, the Super-hero equivalent of the Pentagon. Four men, each the highest rank of Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines watched as Kurt climbed aboard his helicopter.

"There goes our last, best hope." says the Navy Admiral, one of the many believing that the defeat of good is imminent, and that not only Gurpsville but the whole the the country should prepare to surrender. However, at the far end of the table, the General of the Army stands. A fairly old general, at least in his fifties to sixties.

"Get me John Scrambo. We're pulling him out of retirement."

A hundred miles away, a man is near a forest, chopping down trees for wood for whatever purpose. He loads up the cut wood, lifting it onto the back of a Ford pickup before driving back to his home. Surrounding his house are a number of black sedans and government agents. The man steps out of the truck, and is quickly greeted by the General.

"Hello again, Scrambo. It's good to see you."
"Good to see you, too. What brings you to my home?"
"We need you, John. One last mission for the country."
"Not anymore, I'm retired. I don't fight anymore, not since I got children to look after."
"We know your civilian job ain't holding up, John, we're prepared to give you more than enough money to make a much better life than this."
John sighed.
"Alright. But I work *alone*, I don't need anyone else slowing me down or getting in the way. I want all my old gear back."
"Done. You might want to know who we're fighting. It's Kurt. He's killed everyone we've sent at him so far. "
"Everyone?"
"Everyone."
"We think he's after something to finish his superweapon, but we're not sure what. Possibly some kind of diamond. The boys in Intel think it might be the diamond the mayor's wife has. That'll be your first stop."
"So what, you want me to go in and take the diamond?"
"No, we need you in there to protect her. We've already made arrangements, you just need to gear up and roll out. That it?"
"Yeah, that's it. Give me a minute, the boys are at school. Take care of them while I'm gone, alright?"

John stepped back into his house and went into his bedroom. He pulled out a box from under his bed, containing his old uniform . He put it on, then headed back outside.
"One last thing, John. We've got your gun with us. And a ton of ammo."
The man gestered to the back of a sedan, some of the government agents opened it up and moved a crate out. John opened the crate, grabbing his trusty FN Minimi, handling it with expertise, as well as slinging ammo across his chest with a bandoleer.
"I can make up the rest as I go."
John entered into one of the black sedans, which drove away into the distance, heading to the border and Gurpsville beyond...

Villain wrote:
Hold on, Kurt, did you tell me what you were inventing? It's a laser or a bomb or something, innit?

PlayerCharacterRollSuperpowerMinor PowerWeapon/sRank
CrazyMLCKomrade Kurt#Personal Infinite ArmyGas ImmunityPKM-74 LMGTyrant
caekdaemonJohn Scrambo#AccuracyMcGyvering weaponsFN Minimi LMGNewbie
[/quote]

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:40 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Good to know I've still got the moves when it comes to writing :D

Scrambo will be using this text, I think it looks rather pleasant.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm
Profile WWW

Roll will be done next week, probably Monday as that's a public holiday. I've barely had time to come here and post to say so. Sorry guys.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:58 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next