View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 [RTD] A Dying World 

Post Re: [RTD] A Dying World
> Charlie: Identify the problem and gently beat the vehicle into submission. If I don't have the tools for the job, demand them.

"...cheap piece of ♥♥♥♥..."
"Make sure I don't get shot in the ass while I'm fixing your damn car, ey?"

Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 pm

>Go patrol while the others are doing whatever.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:15 am

>Sigh exasperatedly as I jump out of the APC, then start making a close perimeter around the car.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:02 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Roll 4 - Day 1

Harzipan - Evagria 10:
You walk up to the Basic Infantry Command desk, which, surprisingly isn't accompanied by a very long line. Being a Commander is a hard job after all.
The guy in front of you notices you and speaks.
"Hello, ma'am. You signing up for Command training too?"
You nod. Apparently the fact that you were standing behind him in line for Basic Infantry Command wasn't obvious enough.
"Evagria."
"What?" How does he know your name?
"Wake up, Evagria!"
Huh?
"WAKE UP."
"Huh? Oh what yes I was awake. No I was not asleep. What?"
"We crashed the car and we need you to stand guard with everyone else."
Oh, OK. You get up, still tired, wipe the gunk out of your eyes, and get out of the car. You take out your rifle and begin searching for enemies.

Lucem - Siobhan 14:
You make an overdramatic sigh and hop out. You make a slow circle about the car as Charlie sets to work diagnosing the issues. Nothing happens for a few minutes, but then you think you see something moving. You pull out your binoculars and see -
A group of enemies. By the looks of it, Russians. You can spot about 7 of them in total. They don't seem to have seen you yet. One has a sniper rifle, 3 have standard issue assault rifles, 2 have shotguns and one seems to have a grenade launcher.
"Uh, no worries or anythin', but we've got some enemies o'er that way." You say as you point at the small group of Russians. Everyone looks over "that way".
What will you do?

Arcalane - Cassidy 12:
You close caves_of_ice.pdf on your PDA and try to ping your highers. You send a message.
"On our way to the Toucan camp our vehicle broke down. We have an engineer working on fixing it right now but our squad will likely not make it to Toucan camp as soon as we intended -
"Uh, no worries or anythin', but we've got some enemies o'er that way."
"Damn it."
"- And we've spotted a group of enemies about 600 metres away. Not requesting back-up insofar, but we may need it if the enemy is in larger numbers than we can currently spot. Over and out for now."
There's 7 enemies about 600 metres down range. If you were to shoot now you could get them by surprise and probably kill one or two before they can return fire. Recommended priority targets are the grenadier and sniper.

TheKebbit - Charlie 9:
"♥♥♥♥' thing.."
You uncover the maintenance panel inside the vehicle and look for problems. Immediately you are met with a faceful of smoke and an unpleasant coughing fit as a side-effect. The smoke slowly subsides, as the first patch was probably only a result of a build-up. You see the source is from the gravitation engine, which would be obvious since the car fell out of flight. You wrench open the cover on the engine and take a look inside. Several of the pistons are jammed and steaming, with very obvious heat marks on the sides. You put on some thermal resistant gloves and manually pull some of the pistons upward. You grab a can of oil conveniently sitting within the maintenance alcove and oil the pistons, making sure they are returned to normal. You look at the anti-gravity core and find it slightly broken and lodged inside a corner of the engine whereas it should be floating in between the stasis fields. You also notice that those have gone too.
They don't seem to be broken, only unpowered. As such, you look to the generator for issues. One of the power wires simply overheated due to a lack of insulation, so you quickly replace the wire. The stasis field kicks back on, and the core slowly floats its way to the center again. However, the vehicle still does not pick back up. The core itself is ♥♥♥♥.
"This may take a while longer than I expected; the ♥♥♥♥ core itself is blown out! I might be able to create a replacement out of spare ♥♥♥♥, but that will take a while."

CrazyMLC - Jonathon 12:
You hastily check the integrity of your side-arm, very unefficiently, note, since you're doing it only off of watching Siobhan doing it. You usually don't keep your weapons up to par, and when you have it maintenanced, it's most likely by someone else.
Regardless you still happen to have cleaning supplies on your person and thusly manage to clean off some residue and such.
You stand guard outside afterwards.
"Uh, no worries or anythin', but we've got some enemies o'er that way."
You glance over to the location of said enemies, and see that they are in fact o'er "that way". What will you do?

Izen - Jacob 6:
You walk around the car, half-assedly looking out for unfriendlies. Though you personally don't see any on your own, Siobhan declares that she has seen some, and points off in a direction that goes diagonally left from the front of the car. You pull up your gun and ready yourself to fire but wait for the signal.

Maart3n - Herbert 8:
You stay inside the vehicle and scout about the area through the eyes of the turret, occasionally removing your eyes from the interface to see what Charlie is doing.
Siobhan shouts about the location of some Russians and you quickly zoom in on them. You think that with this weapon you could easily get most of them in seconds.

CaekDaemon - Johnathon 10:
You do the same as your squadmates and look about the vehicle in an effort to find any form of things you could be shooting at. Including Russians.
A few minutes later Siobhan declares she has seen some, and you look over to where she is directing her pointer finger. There are, indeed, some enemies that way. Though you do tense yourself and get ready to fire, you don't really suppose you could accurately hit them from here. And, furthermore, you don't have a signal to fire yet. Though you don't really need one, it would be best to wait and see what the others think.

WORLD EVENTS

Charlie gets some progress on fixing the engine, while the others stand guard and scout for enemies. Siobhan finds some about 600 metres in front and to the left of the car, and Cass sends a message to Command about it.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:26 pm
Profile WWW

"All right guys, I'm leaving this up to you."

Wait for the others to open fire and then join in with the full might of my turret.

Last edited by maart3n on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Head down and assist with the guarding.

"Anything important that I can assist with?"

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:27 pm

"How did the AI manage to trigger a ♥♥♥♥ core melt?"
"...more importantly, where did I put the fuel cells?"

"...there we go."

>Charlie: Jury-rig a substitute out of scrap material and fuel, then carefully fit it to the engine.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:48 pm

>Move to the right of the car, use it for cover. Aim and prepare.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:30 am

> Run up behind a tree and fire at the grenadier with my battle rifle.

Last edited by Lucem on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 am

"♥♥♥♥ brilliant. Wait for my shot, take down the sniper and grenadier first!"

> Cass:
Hop out, unsling sniper rifle, pop their sniper center-mass nice and quick-like. Even if it doesn't kill him outright it's hard to snipe with a nice fresh chestwound. Also, tag the Grenadier with "Focus Fire!" if possible so the others have a better chance to hit him.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:14 am
Profile YIM

Perhaps it would be smarter to wait for them to inspect the vehicle and ambush them? We would be able to take more out with fewer losses if they were closer and we encircled them.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:37 am
Profile WWW

If we wait any longer, we might be spotted before we can open fire on them. As of now, we have the element of surprise.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:56 am

I'd hope there's lots of brush around, but alright.

> Take out my rifle and open fire on the sniper.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"God damn it. Long range combat, and all I have is a shotgun."

"Why does this crap keep happening to me?"

Sigh, then try to get in cover till the enemies get closer.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I was gonna roll but then I stopped feeling like rolling so I'll finish it later

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next