View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Roll To Mech: Khorosho 

Post Re: Roll To Mech: Khorosho
"I'm opening fire at the Bald Crown."

> Fire main gun at the Bald Crown.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Get as close as I can while still staying outside visual range

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:33 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Barqa calls out a plan for the assault "I say we sow some chaos with long range fire while Andrew, Harald and I move in through the hole in the wall at the north, then sweep through the camp out of turret line of sight. Just need the two frontal ones down for that tactic to work." To which John replies "Sounds good to me. I'm locked on and ready to rock, just tell me when you want me to knock." Markus agrees in a much more active manner "I'm opening fire at the Bald Crown." at which the others scamble into action.

TorrentHKU [14/20/1/13-2+2+2+5=21/27/8/20] [21/27/8/20] [6-4+2-1-1=2] [2] [17-4+2-1-1=13] [13]
>Switch Autocannon to AP rounds. let loose with artillery cannons, autocannon, and minigun on my locked on target and the surrounding mechs.

Pilot name: John Freemech
Description: An energetic man with a fearsome beast of a goatee.
After switching ammo feed on your autocannon you open fire with everything but your railgun, dealing decent damage to several of the enemies.
Mech: Starbanger

maart3n [18/14/16/2/5/3/9/5-1+2+2-6=15/11/13/0/2/0/6/2] [15/11/13/0/2/0/6/2]
Relay this plan, if accepted fire mortars for effect and move to engage Dodo 1, preferably while taunting said enemy.
Pilot name: Barqa Octavius
Description: A veteran warrior with a temper, got sick of fighting for the companies and went rogue. Although he has a short fuse the man is still far more intelligent than he looks
Ability: Jet charge [+2 to the first attack made against an enemy with the lance]
Figuring that given how these reavers don't speak english you decide to just fire your mortars while charging in, and despite the difficulty of keeping them aimed while moving manage to score some decent hits.
Mech: Retiarius

Natti
>Get as close as I can while still staying outside visual range
Pilot name: Harald "Hardrada" Blomgren
Description: A broad of build but rather short figure with a magnificent red beard. Doesn't talk much.
You push yourself forwards some more, closing the gap, slowly but surely.
Mech: The Lumberjack

CaveCricket48 [13+2+2=17] [17]
> Fire main gun at the Bald Crown.
Pilot Name: Markus "Mark" Tullen
Description: A light-skinned skinny 26 year-old man who used to work in an engineering bay. He doesn't say much, and is described as being "in the zone" when working.
Ability: Zen [+2 Accuracy, -2 Movement/Evasion] [2 Turn Duration, 3 Turn Cooldown [after end duration]] [ACTIVE:1]
Taking careful aim at the turret the others are firing on you spot a hole in its armour that they have opened up, caling yourself you squeeze the trigger and your laser punches straight through the hole, and a split second later the entire turret detonates in a spectacular fireball as its ammo cooks off which catches the nearest dodo blowing off a significant amount of armour.
Mech: Snipehawk

Arcalane
> If possible, estimate and mark their view range.
Pilot Name: Irvine Callahan
Description: A lanky, tanned American pilot who lost his right eye before joining the mercs. It doesn't seem to have negatively affected his piloting skills. Calm and confident.
Ability: Evasion Focus [Scaling/variable skill: Evasion Focus (3) = +3 evasion, -3 accuracy. Evasion Focus (5) = +5 evasion, -5 accuracy. Etc.]
Estimating from what you know of 1st generation sensors you plot out what you assume to be their normal sensor range, and send it over to the others, given that they've taken fire and can now see Barqa you guess that they be boosting their sensors and will spot the rest of you soon, but will likely have more trouble hitting those of you past their normal sensor range, not that your teams weapons will be much more accurate at such ranges.
Mech: Bloodhound "Delta"

Harzipan [3/20+1+4=8/25] [8/25]
----
Pilot Name: Andrew Korwich
Description: A skinny soft spoken middle-aged Caucasian. Used to work in the IT department of a minor manufacturing company.
Ability: Overcharge. [Pilot can reroute the primary energy of Lazarus to add a severe damage boost to the Beam Blade, while sacrificing the efficiency of the Movement Systems.] [Beam Blade Damage Doubled, Evasion Halved, Movement Speed Thirded.]
Continuing your movement you fire your missiles on the central turret, and score a good number of hits on it.
Mech: Lazarus

Local Map:
John,Barqa, Harald, Markus, Irvine and Andrew are at B1.

Enemy Status
[1(1-6)]Bald-Crown:
(1) Destroyed.
(2-6) No damage.

[2(1-4)]Egret:
(1-2) No damage.
(3) Torso damaged, Left Leg damaged.
(4) Torso heavily damaged.

[3(1-2)]Dodo:
(1) No damage.
(2) Torso heavily damaged, Left Leg heavily damaged, Right leg heavily damaged.

[4]Club: [bazooka/rocket/cannon] no damage.
[5]Axe: [gatling/missile] no damage.
[6]Hammer: [bazookas/cannons] no damage.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:05 pm
Loose Canon

> Railgun at the Egret I locked on to, then turn to face the north corner.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Move north-west, stay out of visual range

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Move for the closest dodo in a straight line. Shoot the cannon and the missiles. If possible let the aiming of the missiles be done by somebody else.

Time to Lance myself a way through another camp.

EDIT: Changed for HKU's plan

Last edited by maart3n on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:18 am
Loose Canon

Maarten, if you mean Dodo 1, I'm gonna fire on the northeast corner next turn, so you might wanna hold off on running into them for a sec.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:26 am
Profile WWW

> "Looks like the fog is doing my job for me. Might as well make use of that." Head straight west towards the edge of their detection range, launch missiles at the most damaged target, then break south.

Go go hit-and-run attacks!

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 pm
Profile YIM

HKU, I was going for the path of least resistance, or specifically, not getting shot by the south eastern turret.
I'm fairly certain I can rip my way through all three of them alone so I suggest you aim for the other Dodo and his buddies.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 am
Loose Canon

If you're worried about the turrets, there's still the northern one in the middle to worry about if you take the northeast corner. And I'm shooting from afar to soften everything up. As it is, go down the middle and you'll tear through them like wet tissue. Go for the northeast corner and they will put up at least some kind of fight.
Not sure how quick you can cross the distance between us and the base anyway though, so I may fill them with lead before you can get there anyway.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:27 am
Profile WWW

Very well, good enough point.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:29 am

> Aim at the south-east-most Bald Crown and fire.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:30 am

Asking to roleplay too just asking but if your okay here's my mech

Edit1: im going to wait i just read the rule :oops:

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:04 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Finding a reason to be thankful for the nanite pollution Irvine says "Looks like the fog is doing my job for me. Might as well make use of that."
The Turrets open fire, with the rearmost ones operating in an arced indirect fire mode while the remaining frontal one fires directly. The NTs that aren't staggered from the fire they've taken all proceed to move forwards while providing some fire, while the MAUs seem to be more cautious and take cover from any direct fire.

TorrentHKU [9+5-1+2=15] [15]
> Railgun at the Egret I locked on to, then turn to face the north corner.
Pilot name: John Freemech
Description: An energetic man with a fearsome beast of a goatee.
Before it can recover from the artillery you centre your aim on the Egret and fire, your round blowing a hole clear through its torso. Then with your target neutralised you turn to face the northern group of NTs.
Mech: Starbanger

maart3n [6-1+1=6] [6] [8-1+3+1=11] [11] [5+3+1=9] [9]
Move for the closest dodo in a straight line. Shoot the cannon and the missiles.
Pilot name: Barqa Octavius
Description: A veteran warrior with a temper, got sick of fighting for the companies and went rogue. Although he has a short fuse the man is still far more intelligent than he looks
Ability: Jet charge [+2 to the first attack made against an enemy with the lance]
You charge towards the Dodo at the northern gap in the wall and fire your cannon and missiles at it, a pair of your missiles hit, but your cannon shot goes wide.
only then does a salvo of cannon fire from the turrets impact around you, a few of the shells hit along with a round from one of the Egrets. Combined this blows away a decent amount of armour.
Mech: Retiarius
[ERROR: STAGGER]

Natti
>Move north-west, stay out of visual range
Pilot name: Harald "Hardrada" Blomgren
Description: A broad of build but rather short figure with a magnificent red beard. Doesn't talk much.
Changing direction slightly you keep on moving, and get yourself as close as you can without entering visual range.
Mech: The Lumberjack

CaveCricket48 [6+2+2=10] [10]
> Aim at the south-east-most Bald Crown and fire.
Pilot Name: Markus "Mark" Tullen
Description: A light-skinned skinny 26 year-old man who used to work in an engineering bay. He doesn't say much, and is described as being "in the zone" when working.
Ability: Zen [+2 Accuracy, -2 Movement/Evasion] [2 Turn Duration, 3 Turn Cooldown [after end duration]] [DISABLED:3]
Switching targets to the south east turret you fire again, your shot vapourising its armour plating.
Mech: Snipehawk

Arcalane [10+1+5=16] [16]
> Head straight west towards the edge of their detection range, launch missiles at the most damaged target, then break south.
Pilot Name: Irvine Callahan
Description: A lanky, tanned American pilot who lost his right eye before joining the mercs. It doesn't seem to have negatively affected his piloting skills. Calm and confident.
Ability: Evasion Focus [Scaling/variable skill: Evasion Focus (3) = +3 evasion, -3 accuracy. Evasion Focus (5) = +5 evasion, -5 accuracy. Etc.]
Taking an evasive course you fire missiles on the turret Markus just hit, three of your four hitting directly and blow away chunks of its structure but fail to finish it off.
Mech: Bloodhound "Delta"

Harzipan [12/7+1+4=17/12] [17/12]
----
Pilot Name: Andrew Korwich
Description: A skinny soft spoken middle-aged Caucasian. Used to work in the IT department of a minor manufacturing company.
Ability: Overcharge. [Pilot can reroute the primary energy of Lazarus to add a severe damage boost to the Beam Blade, while sacrificing the efficiency of the Movement Systems.] [Beam Blade Damage Doubled, Evasion Halved, Movement Speed Thirded.]
Maintaining your course for the central gap in the wall you fire your missiles on the southern turret, a good nummber hit helping take down its structure.
Mech: Lazarus

Local Map:
John,Barqa, Harald, Markus, Irvine and Andrew are at B1.

Enemy Status
[1(1-6)]Bald-Crown:
(1) Destroyed.
(2) Heavy damage
(3-6) No damage.

[2(1-4)]Egret:
(1) No damage.
(2) Torso damaged, Right Leg damaged.
(3) Torso damaged, Left Leg damaged.
(4) Destroyed.

[3(1-2)]Dodo:
(1) Torso Damaged [13/15 Ftorso]
(2) Torso heavily damaged, Left Leg heavily damaged, Right leg heavily damaged.

[4]Club: [bazooka/rocket/cannon] no damage.
[5]Axe: [gatling/missile] no damage.
[6]Hammer: [bazookas/cannons] no damage.

Note: When taking a large amount of damage in one hit like maarten just did, you are staggered, this temporarily lowers accuracy/speed next turn as you recover from the hit, bigger hits cause more stagger.
Superior musculature makes you more resistant to stagger, and having more armour also makes you harder to stagger.
Certain weapons also increase the strength of the stagger they cause as an innate effect.

----

Enderstep, you're missing a few things from your sheet: pilot/etc.
otherwise I'll stick you on the waiting list.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:15 am

> Maintain southwest heading shifting toward west-southwest, apply additional missile volley to Turret #2. If possible try and gauge how far the turret's guns can depress compared to their elevation. Is there a minimum range or blind zone? If so, mark estimated minimum range on tactical maps.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next