View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Roll To Mech: Khorosho 

Post Re: Roll To Mech: Khorosho
Amazigh wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
> "Nothing useful for me here, can't fit gats without dropping the disruptors.

Well, I'd envisioned "back" weapons mounting like the cannons on the Liger Zero Panzer [slightly offset to the sides], so they wouldn't get in the way of other stuff.

I guess that could work, but it would be awkward as heck with the existing disruptors and the VLS. The chassis design just doesn't offer many weapon slots. Quirks of being a high-speed recon/ewar config, really. There's probably a chassis variant out there that's firepower-oriented or something though.

Thu May 01, 2014 6:34 pm
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Arcalane wrote:
Amazigh wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
> "Nothing useful for me here, can't fit gats without dropping the disruptors.

Well, I'd envisioned "back" weapons mounting like the cannons on the Liger Zero Panzer [slightly offset to the sides], so they wouldn't get in the way of other stuff.

I guess that could work, but it would be awkward as heck with the existing disruptors and the VLS. The chassis design just doesn't offer many weapon slots. Quirks of being a high-speed recon/ewar config, really. There's probably a chassis variant out there that's firepower-oriented or something though.

Oh yeah, i'd forgotten about the VLS for a moment there, guess you could go without back weapons given your already almost OP loadout.

Thu May 01, 2014 6:54 pm

> Upgrade armor, get one CP-48 for my left shoulder.

Move to B1.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Mon May 19, 2014 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 18, 2014 8:26 pm
Loose Canon

> Armor, Mono Booster, IWO2-B-WGT on my back.
I am ready to rain suppressing fire down on B1.

"Jesus, that was getting hot. Gonna want some armor before we head back out."

Mon May 19, 2014 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>CONTENT PENDING<

Thu May 22, 2014 6:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

While waiting for the techs to finish upgrades Harald tinks out loud "I think we should avoid the camp on the hill, for now, and clear up the surrounding ones. Maybe go for B1?" Being much more vocal Irvine calls out ot the others "Let's hit B1. The elevation should give us a better view of the camps further to the west, and heading straight for A6 would put us in the lower-ground between B1 and B2. That ain't gonna be fun in the lower ground if they decide to go for an ambush - but if we hit B1, any reinforcements will have to come up the hill; that gives us the advantage." to which Andrew replies "Yeah, I'm all for that."
On reaching B1 you get a good view of the enemies that are there, and see that the "camp" is actually a ruined Old-World fort... and some of the defenses are still operational.
Among the enemies you spot a IWM03 Hammer an all around superior version of the Club, you also notice a few of them have single shot Bazookas and spare weapons mounted on storage carousels.

TorrentHKU
> Armor, Mono Booster, IWO2-B-WGT on my back. I am ready to rain suppressing fire down on B1.
Pilot name: John Freemech
Description: An energetic man with a fearsome beast of a goatee.
While they repair and resupply your mech you get the techs to improve the armour some while adding on a booster and a large gatling gun.
Mech: Starbanger

maart3n
Get both mortar cannons attached to the back of my mech. Have the head of the Axe attached to the hilt of my lance, preferably on some huge chain with room for more. Also have somebody paint kill markings on the front of my mech.
Pilot name: Barqa Octavius
Description: A veteran warrior with a temper, got sick of fighting for the companies and went rogue. Although he has a short fuse the man is still far more intelligent than he looks
Ability: Jet charge [+2 to the first attack made against an enemy with the lance]
As the techs are mounting the mortars to your mech you call one over and after a little persuasion you mange to get him to agree to mount some trophies on your mech.
Mech: Retiarius

Natti
>Get a monobooster and two CP-48 rocket tubes on my back mounts.
Pilot name: Harald "Hardrada" Blomgren
Description: A broad of build but rather short figure with a magnificent red beard. Doesn't talk much.
After getting a booster and some rocket tubes mounted to your mech you move on out with the others to B1.
Mech: The Lumberjack

CaveCricket48 [20+2+1=23] [23]
> Upgrade armor, get one CP-48 for my left shoulder. Move to B1.
Pilot Name: Markus "Mark" Tullen
Description: A light-skinned skinny 26 year-old man who used to work in an engineering bay. He doesn't say much, and is described as being "in the zone" when working.
Ability: Zen [+2 Accuracy, -2 Movement/Evasion] [2 Turn Duration, 3 Turn Cooldown [after end duration]]
As you finally see the damage your Mech took in person you wince and hurry to get the techs to use some of the salvaged armour to bolster your defenses, before going for a rocket tube on your shoulder.
Mech: Snipehawk

Arcalane
---- B1
Pilot Name: Irvine Callahan
Description: A lanky, tanned American pilot who lost his right eye before joining the mercs. It doesn't seem to have negatively affected his piloting skills. Calm and confident.
Ability: Evasion Focus [Scaling/variable skill: Evasion Focus (3) = +3 evasion, -3 accuracy. Evasion Focus (5) = +5 evasion, -5 accuracy. Etc.]
Taking stock of the current situation you yell out to the others about your plan for which camp to go for next, and are met with resounding agreement.
Mech: Bloodhound "Delta"

Harzipan
----
Pilot Name: Andrew Korwich
Description: A skinny soft spoken middle-aged Caucasian. Used to work in the IT department of a minor manufacturing company.
Ability: Overcharge. [Pilot can reroute the primary energy of Lazarus to add a severe damage boost to the Beam Blade, while sacrificing the efficiency of the Movement Systems.] [Beam Blade Damage Doubled, Evasion Halved, Movement Speed Thirded.]
Agreeing with the choice of camp you take a chance to get the missile pods mounted on your mech.
Mech: Lazarus

Local Map:
John,Barqa, Harald, Markus, Irvine and Andrew are at B1.

Enemy Status
[1(1-6)]Bald-Crown: no damage.
[2(1-4)]Egret: no damage.
[3(1-2)]Dodo: no damage.
[4]Club: [bazooka/rocket/cannon] no damage.
[5]Axe: [gatling/missile] no damage.
[6]Hammer: [bazookas/cannons] no damage.

Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 pm

(( Hm. This could get messy. ))

> Hang back. Is it possible to make the turrets regard the fort's current occupants as hostile*? If so, do that. If not, try and listen in on their channels to see if they've spotted us yet.

*Having them regard us as friendly is ideal, but entirely optional.

Thu May 22, 2014 9:29 pm
Profile YIM

Move in closer, but coordinate remaining out of enemy visual range(if that is the case in the first place). Lead the charge if we attack and fire both mortars at dodo 2.

Thu May 22, 2014 9:40 pm
Loose Canon

> Lock on to Egret 4 with Artillery Cannons. Charge Railgun.
Prepare for barrage, gents.

I'm gonna dump Artillery Cannon and Gatling Gun and Autocannon fire on them. Hopefully it'll hit multiple enemies. With how many are grouped together at the front entrance, it's likely.

Fri May 23, 2014 2:49 am
Profile WWW

> Get just close enough so the east-most Bald Crown is within range for my Pulse Laser. If no enemy fires at me, enter Zen mode.

Fri May 30, 2014 6:57 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I should probably take a position up front, since I've got the toughest armour."
>Move towards the enemy positions, but stay out of sight still

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:03 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Harald suggests "I should probably take a position up front, since I've got the toughest armour." but given his slow speed that might not be what will happen. The Reavers seem to have not noticed you yet, their 1st generation sensors probably have trouble cutting through the Nanite pollution.

TorrentHKU
> Lock on to Egret 4 with Artillery Cannons. Charge Railgun.
Pilot name: John Freemech
Description: An energetic man with a fearsome beast of a goatee.
Bracing yourself you set your targeting computer to lock your artillery onto one of the egrets while charging up your railgun.
Mech: Starbanger

maart3n
Move in closer, but coordinate remaining out of enemy visual range(if that is the case in the first place). Lead the charge if we attack and fire both mortars at dodo 2.
Pilot name: Barqa Octavius
Description: A veteran warrior with a temper, got sick of fighting for the companies and went rogue. Although he has a short fuse the man is still far more intelligent than he looks
Ability: Jet charge [+2 to the first attack made against an enemy with the lance]
You move yourself up to be as close as you think you can get without being detected.
Mech: Retiarius

Natti
>Move towards the enemy positions, but stay out of sight still
Pilot name: Harald "Hardrada" Blomgren
Description: A broad of build but rather short figure with a magnificent red beard. Doesn't talk much.
You move forwards, putting your new booster to use in order to get as much distance as you can.
Mech: The Lumberjack

CaveCricket48 [20+2+1=23] [23]
> Get just close enough so the east-most Bald Crown is within range for my Pulse Laser. If no enemy fires at me, enter Zen mode.
Pilot Name: Markus "Mark" Tullen
Description: A light-skinned skinny 26 year-old man who used to work in an engineering bay. He doesn't say much, and is described as being "in the zone" when working.
Ability: Zen [+2 Accuracy, -2 Movement/Evasion] [2 Turn Duration, 3 Turn Cooldown [after end duration]] [ACTIVE:2]
Figuring that your laser is well within range as-is you take a moment to calm down and focus yourself ready for combat.
Mech: Snipehawk

Arcalane
> Hang back. Is it possible to make the turrets regard the fort's current occupants as hostile*? If so, do that. If not, try and listen in on their channels to see if they've spotted us yet.
Pilot Name: Irvine Callahan
Description: A lanky, tanned American pilot who lost his right eye before joining the mercs. It doesn't seem to have negatively affected his piloting skills. Calm and confident.
Ability: Evasion Focus [Scaling/variable skill: Evasion Focus (3) = +3 evasion, -3 accuracy. Evasion Focus (5) = +5 evasion, -5 accuracy. Etc.]
Firing up your electronics suite you give the turrets on the base a scan and ready yourself to hack into them, but unfortunately your scan has them show up as the manned variant not the automated one. Seeing how hacking their turrets is a no-go you instead listen in on their communications in order to try and make out if they have spotted you yet, you don't understand the language, but the relatively infrequent and calm conversations you hear make it seem like they are unaware of you.
Mech: Bloodhound "Delta"

Harzipan
----
Pilot Name: Andrew Korwich
Description: A skinny soft spoken middle-aged Caucasian. Used to work in the IT department of a minor manufacturing company.
Ability: Overcharge. [Pilot can reroute the primary energy of Lazarus to add a severe damage boost to the Beam Blade, while sacrificing the efficiency of the Movement Systems.] [Beam Blade Damage Doubled, Evasion Halved, Movement Speed Thirded.]
You decide to move forwards, figuring that you are not within range of the enemies yet.
Mech: Lazarus

Local Map:
John,Barqa, Harald, Markus, Irvine and Andrew are at B1.

Enemy Status
[1(1-6)]Bald-Crown: no damage.
[2(1-4)]Egret: no damage.
[3(1-2)]Dodo: no damage.
[4]Club: [bazooka/rocket/cannon] no damage.
[5]Axe: [gatling/missile] no damage.
[6]Hammer: [bazookas/cannons] no damage.

Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Manned turrets, huh? Not ideal. But human operators can make stupid mistakes, so there's that, at least.

> If possible, estimate and mark their view range. If not, provide targeting data for the others. If that's out of the question, move closer and prepare to fire upon the nearest turret with a missile barrage, synchronized with whoever else opens up.

Sadly, weaponizing the nanite-pollution via hacking is probably out of the question. If not, that could be good for a laugh too.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:40 pm
Profile YIM

"I say we sow some chaos with long range fire while Andrew, Harald and I move in through the hole in the wall at the north, then sweep through the camp out of turret line of sight. Just need the two frontal ones down for that tactic to work."
Relay this plan, if accepted fire mortars for effect and move to engage Dodo 1, preferably while taunting said enemy.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:20 pm
Loose Canon

"Sounds good to me. I'm locked on and ready to rock, just tell me when you want me to knock."
> If no one else fires this turn, re-position myself to the south so that I've got a better view of the front entrance. Also switch Autocannon to AP rounds.
If they DO fire, let loose with artillery cannons, autocannon, and minigun on my locked on target and the surrounding mechs.

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next