View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Roll To Mech: Khorosho 

Post Re: Roll To Mech: Khorosho
Wait, I'm at a1 but charging enemies that are at a1 too takes 2 turns?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 pm
Loose Canon

DAMN YOU LACK OF FANCY COMPUTERS

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:33 pm
Profile WWW

See this is what you loons get for skimping on electronics systems. I'd be surprised if you actually had the ability to see enemies coming from any direction other than directly in front of you. :roll: Next thing we know, we'll find out you don't even have night-vision or infrared imaging! :P

Hopefully this bigass EWar rig will be worth the point investment, then. :lol:

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile YIM
Loose Canon

I have a big fancy targeting system. And no armor.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile WWW

> Get to A1 ASAP, start firing when I get within range of an enemy.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:57 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

maart3n wrote:
Wait, I'm at a1 but charging enemies that are at a1 too takes 2 turns?

well, A1 is the general area, and letting you get into melee literally as soon as you spot something would make melee ♥♥♥♥ [seriously, it's strong enough as is].

Imagine if the main map was at the same scale as the combat map for A1, it'd take something like 10+ turns for everyone else to catch up with you after you ran ahead, and chances are if that was the case you'd either be dead or have finished things off before they arrived.
If things were the other way around, then as I said before, melee would be king and most guns would be pointles.

Vaguely sensible Rationalisation: you disable all combat systems when in "FAST TRAVEL MODE" enabling faster movement, but only have your long range low resolution sensors online which are useless when in combat, but can still detect anything before ir gets into effective combat range.

TorrentHKU wrote:
DAMN YOU LACK OF FANCY COMPUTERS

further explanation on this: by "fancy computers" yes you have a super targeting system, BUT it's not something that's designed to help out/be helped by others targeting systems.
While Arcalane on the other hand, can send/recieve targeting data [among other things] thanks to his super-computer tail.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 am

-Mech Model: Lazarus
--Shape: Humanoid Reptillian w/ Left Hand
--Head
---Cockpit
--Right Lower Arm
---Beam Blade: Projected Energy Melee Weapon. Can be toggled on and off to create an energy blade that can be used to slice through low-grade metals. Does minimal damage to high-grade metals unless a large portion of energy is used to strengthen the weapon. *5*
--Left Hand
---Ballistic Pistol: Handheld Weapon. Semi-Automatic. 90% Anti-Materiel. 10% High Explosive. *2*
--Tail
---Stabilizer: System that prevents Lazarus from being knocked over by heavy forces. *2*
---Targeting Jammer: System that prevents targeting systems from locking onto Lazarus. *2*
--Musculature: *2*
--Armor: Large portion located on Left Lower Arm as a shield. Minimal Plating located on rest of mech. *7*

-Pilot Name: Andrew Korwich
--Description: A skinny soft spoken middle-aged Caucasian. Used to work in the IT department of a minor manufacturing company.
--Ability: Overcharge. Pilot can reroute the primary energy of Lazarus to add a severe damage boost to the Beam Blade, while sacrificing the efficiency of the Movement Systems.
(Beam Blade Damage Doubled, Evasion Halved, Movement Speed Thirded.)

Last edited by Harzipan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Harzipan wrote:

I hope that my sheet is acceptable. I feel as though my primary weapon, the energy blade, might not be possible, so if you would like me to change it, or anything else, please tell me.

The sheet is fine, but about the melee weapon and the whole "Has little to no effect on high-grade metals unless a large portion of energy is used to strengthen the weapon" better armour in this game simply means it takes more damage to get through [even with the weakest possible weapon you can takevirtuallyanything down if you attack for long enough], so this wouldn't be necessary to damage high-end targets, but it could have an optional "overcharge" feature.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 am

So, would Overcharge act as a pilot ability? I suppose that it would work as a good compromise. I'll go ahead and change my sheet to include it as an ability. Again, if anything should be changed, do tell.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Harzipan wrote:
So, would Overcharge act as a pilot ability? I suppose that it would work as a good compromise. I'll go ahead and change my sheet to include it as an ability. Again, if anything should be changed, do tell.

Yeah, that's fine by me.

Oh, just remembered, make sure to say where the cockpit is located.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 am

>If RANGED allies ready to attack, rush nearest enemy and cleave him the ♥♥♥♥ in half. Else, advance.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Finally close enough to make out details Barqa sees that the "Light Vehicles" are an assortment of what look to be ancient Petrol powered trucks with either Rocket Pods or Machineguns mounted on them. The Tanks are the ubiqitous M1c3 Medium Tank, rather generic as far as tanks go, the only weapon of note is its cannon. The NTs are two different models, the centre one is a CA T-Stork armed with a single decently powerful machinegun, and the other two are CA T-Egrets which mount a pair of rifles each. Most of the Reavers proceed to spread out, but the Tanks remain stationary.
>Encountered Units listing activated<

TorrentHKU
> MAXIMUM SPEED. Also PREPARE THE ARTILLERY CANNONS.
Pilot name: John Freemech
Description: An energetic man with a fearsome beast of a goatee.
You keep going ahead at full speed, and give your cannons a once over. Everything checks out fine, they're as ready as the day they were made.
Mech: Starbanger

maart3n [16-1-1+3+1=18] [18]
Move closer to the nt's so I can finish them off with melee. fire two more missiles at (near) stationary targets.
Pilot name: Barqa Octavius
Description: A veteran warrior with a temper, got sick of fighting for the companies and went rogue. Although he has a short fuse the man is still far more intelligent than he looks
Ability: Jet charge [+2 to the first attack made against an enemy with the lance]
You keep charging ahead, and fire a pair of missiles, they fly ahead unhindered and destroy two of the trucks, only for a barrage of return fire to come your way: a Tank shell impacting your chest, and a NT machinegun round striking your left arm, everything else misses you as your speed makes it hard for their comparatively simple targeting systems to get a solid lock on you.
Mech: Retiarius

Natti
>Keep moving.
Pilot name: Harald "Hardrada" Blomgren
Description: A broad of build but rather short figure with a magnificent red beard. Doesn't talk much.
You keep up the pace you had set, and watch Markus head to Barqas aid.
Mech: The Lumberjack

CaveCricket48 [17-1-2+1=15] [15]
> Get to A1 ASAP, start firing when I get within range of an enemy.
Pilot Name: Markus "Mark" Tullen
Description: A light-skinned skinny 26 year-old man who used to work in an engineering bay. He doesn't say much, and is described as being "in the zone" when working.
Ability: Zen [+2 Accuracy, -2 Movement/Evasion] [2 Turn Duration, 3 Turn Cooldown [after end duration]]
You rush forwards to back up Barqa, and as soon as your Targeting Comupter spots a hostile you open fire, it explodes almost as soon as the beam hits it, and it's only then that you realise that you just annihilated a Truck rather than a more fitting target.
Mech: Snipehawk

Ragdollmaster
>If RANGED allies ready to attack, rush nearest enemy and cleave him the ♥♥♥♥ in half. Else, advance.
Pilot Name: Johann Metzger
Description: A friendly and easy-going fellow of German descent with excellent natural reflexes, he's a deadly speed demon in his mech.
Ability: Brawler [+1 to Melee attacks / -1 to Ranged attacks]
Deciding that you need to get in there now you go ahead, and get your blade ready to slice up some Reavers.
Mech: White Flash

Arcalane
> Once we're in range, target the enemies that pose the greatest threat to us (e.g. anti-tank guns/missile launchers) with the Disruptor Beam Cannons.
Pilot Name: Irvine Callahan
Description: A lanky, tanned American pilot who lost his right eye before joining the mercs. It doesn't seem to have negatively affected his piloting skills. Calm and confident.
Ability: Evasion Focus [Scaling/variable skill: Evasion Focus (3) = +3 evasion, -3 accuracy. Evasion Focus (5) = +5 evasion, -5 accuracy. Etc.]
While heading along you get ready to target and disable the greatest threats, which you would assume to most likely be the NTs.
Mech: Bloodhound "Delta"

COMBAT MAP:
Barqa and Markus are at A1, while John, Harald, Johann and Irvine are almost there.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 am

Fire Missiles at tanks and keep on moving forward at maximum speed, in the direction of the Machinegun NT.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Keep advancing.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 pm

So smallest dots = humans, medium dots at the back = trucks, largest dots = tanks?

"I'll flank and hit the southernmost NT." >Max speed (using jump jets I assume), take a wide flanking route that will put me "under" the enemies (mapwise) Recheck systems and wait for allies to be ready to attack.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next