View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 [SoRtD2!] Lost In Space 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: [SoRtD2!] Lost In Space
"Well, in our current state, I'd say hiding is a good bet. We're in no shape for a fight. If the worst does come 'round and we do get found by pirates, I might be able to jury rig something together. We got any probes?"

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

Rather than wait for everyone to post, I'm going to have a slightly more dynamic flow going this time as an experiment.

——————————————————————————————————————

Sully looks worried as Trel brings up weaponry.

"That's the thing. When we jumped, whatever fried most of our electronics and tore up our short-range drive went and cooked off all our autocannon magazines and missile racks too. The blast was directed outwards, so we didn't take too much internal damage, but all we have right now are the point defense beams. We can pop incoming missiles and shove debris away, but that's about it. I guess we got a few pistols, internal, but I never really did a good job on the armoury inventory..."

Then, discussion turns to probes. This time, SARA speaks up - the holomap of the system being replaced by her usual 'appearance'; a wireframe cube. The edges of the cube reverberate like waves as 'she' talks over the intercomm. It's a slightly disorienting sort of visual to go with the voiceover.

"Most of the probes we didn't expend back in N3-66-07 are burned out as well. I estimate that, if we salvage the five probes as they are and combine the surviving components, we will have one probe operating at approximately 90% capacity, and another around 50%. Our probes, however, are meant for planetary survey. They are ill-equipped for acting as long-range sensors... or any other task for that matter."

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:37 am
Profile YIM

"Well, the wrecks seem like a good place to start while we get the probes into order. Ralph, give me hand with some of these consoles and we might be able to get a few repaired, no point in moping around after all."
EDIT:Also, do we text flavors? I like text flavors.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:13 am

Fail Flail wrote:
"Well, the wrecks seem like a good place to start while we get the probes into order. Ralph, give me hand with some of these consoles and we might be able to get a few repaired, no point in moping around after all."

"Sure thing."
> Help out with fixing the consoles, either assisting Rixie, or if she can manage on her own, fix a few myself.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I say we do text colors.
"What I wanna know is: Is anyone injured? Also, is there a way anyone can lend me a smoke? Gettin' the ♥♥♥♥' jitters here.."

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 am
Profile WWW

> Depart immediately for whatever external sensor arrays we have, and prepare for an emergency EVA rewire. Manually test each connection for solidity. Concentrate by locking up unnecessary processing capacity via droning of random alphanumeric sequences.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:17 am

"Is there any way that I can help? I've picked up on a few things here and there that might make me useful to someone."

Assist any crewmember that might need assistance. REDACTED

Last edited by Harzipan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I have a way: help me find a cancer stick."

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 am
Profile WWW

"Alrighty sir! Let's find those smokes!"

Assist the doctor with recovering his preferred form of addiction.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:27 am

Rolls time!

Sully stands back as people disperse and get technical. Most of the maintenance panels are easily removed - the Pioneer series was designed to be robust, yet easily maintained even on a very limited budget, and the Mark III is no exception.

Nixie & Ralph
+1 Cooperation Bonus
Ralph: Circuit Etch-a-Sketcher - +2 to any task involving physical electronic components.

Nixie: 5+1=6
Ralph: 7+2+1=10!

You set about repairing some of the bridge consoles. Between the two of you, you easily get the Helm and Navigation systems back online, but the Comms and Sensors panel is useless without the Comms and Sensors themselves being in operable condition. The General Purpose console that can be used to monitor Shields and Weaponry (amongst other things) seems largely undamaged, but it is equally useless with the majority of the ship systems nonfunctional. The Point Defense Lasers are charged and ready, at least, though the ammo readouts for the Autocannons and Missile Launchers are predictably returning error notices and warnings.

Heirophant
Fingers. Thousands of Tiny Fingers. - +2 to any task requiring fine manipulation.

Heirophant: 8+2=10!

This is what you were made for! Oh yeah, fix those sensors baby, fix 'em good. You manage to get the Short Range Sensor Array mostly in working order, which will at least make sure the Point Defense Lasers and Autocannons are both operating at maximum targeting capacity, but the damage to the Long Range Scanning Array is too extensive to fix without replacement parts - too many pieces are just flat out scorched and broken. Parts that can probably be found within the debris field. The Comm Array is likewise quite thoroughly burnt out.

As Heirophant restores the SRS Array, the Comms and Sensors panel on the bridge beeps pleasantly to indicate the system is now back online, and functioning at acceptable levels - though it's by no means at full capacity just yet. The LRS Array and Comm Array indicators remain pulsing red.

In any case, both SARA and Sully seem quite pleased by this turn of events. At least now the ship is not completely blind.

Trel & Ryker
Cooperation Bonus: +1

Trel: 10+1=11!
Ryker: 8+1=9!

By some miracle, you both find an entire carton full of cigarette packets in one of the unbreached areas of the cargo bay -- most of the rest of the hold was sealed off by internal bulkheads, and the artificial gravity down here is completely shot to hell, so getting around is kind of a pain.

Still, these should keep Ryker going for a couple of days at least. :P Maybe more if he actually manages to ration them.

Going to wait on Caek before making the next update so we don't get too far ahead.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 am
Profile YIM

"Great, we should be able to navigate through the debris field to some degree now, onwards! Oh, uh, upon your orders captain."

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 am

Report back to the Captain.

"I found the doc a bunch of cigarettes."

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:18 am

> Report back to noble organic crew-fellows.
Code:
[SRS function optimal capacity; rewire necessary, more parts for complete]
[next]?

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Oh hell yes."
> Now, go find a safe place to light one. Look around where we found the cartons to see if there's any lighters. Afterwards bring them to my room and take two packets with me.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You didn't wait for me :(

Kind of you to wait this time though :)

"I'm gonna take a look at some of the probe launchers. I might be able to rig one into a sort of torpedo launcher. Better to have a crappy weapon than no weapon at all."

"Might also be a good idea to see what kind of junk is out there, we might be able to salvage a few parts. Heiro, come with me, I could probably do with your help on doing surgery on a probe."
Go to where one of the probes would be launched from and take a look around.

What kind of probe system does this ship use? Docking bay or something like a launch tube?

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next