View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 [SoRtD2!] Lost In Space 

Post Re: [SoRtD2!] Lost In Space
Miggles wrote:
> Continue being currently irrelevant

Your irrelevance is mind-numbing, eye-widening, and epiphany-inducing in even the most cynical of subjects.

Alas, there are no subjects to experience this peculiar form of apotheosis, and it fades as quickly as it had come into being - an experience forever lost, never to be repeated.

——————————————————————————————————————

caekdaemon wrote:
Take a look around the hanger for any signs of where the magazines might be.

Hatches on the ceiling suggest an automated reloading system of some description. This ship is quite a fancy piece of work for all its spartan appearance, all things considered.

It's also remarkably tidy. Apart from a few bits of clutter floating around in zero gravity, the tools and equipment that can be found all seem(s) to be properly stored.

You all still have until next Thursday to plan and interact.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 am
Profile YIM

"SARA, what can you tell us about the exact damage done to the ship? Would have it been lethal to it's crew? Also, are there any visible use of the ships escape pods? Sorry for the barrage of question, but I'm starting to feel something's not quite right here."

"Regardless, we'll still follow through with our old plan... Jones, you're armed right? Go along with Ralph, I'll scout out the bridge myself."

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:57 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Looks like whoever was in the hanger had time to pack all their tools away before ending up here. It's got some pretty good hardware, too. "

"To be honest, I think that the crew would've survived anything they encountered in this thing, but something else must've killed them. They probably ran out of supplies."

"Anyway, Ralph, let's get going."

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 pm
Profile WWW

"There appears to be little external damage, unlike the majority of other craft in the field. I cannot detect any hull features that might be escape pods, so it is most probable that they were either unused and are concealed under hull panels so as not to present an armour vulnerability, or the vessel was not designed with crew escape in mind."

"Either the ship was completely abandoned, or it was scoured with neutron radiation weaponry, its attackers intending to take it as a prize or simply to efficiently neutralize the vessel. In either case, there should be no lingering danger."

Away Team
The journey to the reactor is arduous, but at least by sticking together you're able to pry open a couple of doors that might've been impossible to do with only one or two people. There is no sign of any life - present or previous - on the way to the core. It's all too tidy for a ship on the edge of a debris field.

The reactor chamber itself is cylindrical, perhaps two and a half floors high. There's an observation booth overlooking the reactor itself, which is currently offline. The reactor is a large sphere, suspended in the center of the room by sturdy supports that link it to the floor and ceiling.

There are a number of sockets placed evenly around the perimeter of the sphere, and thick, fluid-filled cylinders stored about the chamber; evidently hastily removed from the 'core'.

With Hierophant in the core room itself, Ralph, Nixie, and Jones all manage to get into the observation/monitoring booth, a small room that overlooks the core. A bank of computers faces the reactor itself, along with some levers and buttons. What looks like a large battery lies discarded on the floor. An equally large slot is set into the floor just in front of the computers.

> ATTEMPT TO RESTART REACTOR Y/N? DESCRIBE PLANNED STARTUP PROCEDURE IF Y.

Puzzle time! :twisted:

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 pm
Profile YIM

Y. Move the discarded battery into its designated slot, then see if any juice is remaining whatsoever. If not, attempt to give it a boost with stored power on my end.

Request that someone start fiddling with the computer systems to get a feel for them. Preferably the one who is actually tech-competent.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 pm

> Do computer fiddly work.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:44 am

"Wait wait wait, I thought we agreed to leave the power off?"

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"That's what I thought. Why on Earth are you guys trying to start up the power that will get us all killed?"

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile WWW

*grinding static*
Code:
YOU WANT ME TO WAIT AROUND.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THAT SENSE OF ADVENTURE, RIXIE?

OOC: you guys aren't even doing anything with the main computer core, besides Cavecricket, who i suppose could get to work on magically disconnecting those alarms
how is the computer core supposed to function without power anyway

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:24 pm

"I don't think that little battery would power the entire ship's power system. It's probably just for these computers here, because it WOULD be a bit silly to have the computers that manage to reactor be powered by the reactor, don't you think? If we get these computers on, we can make sure no power is routed to anything we don't like, and take a good look at the ship's power grid as well."

> Hold off computer fiddling for a moment. Do computer fiddly stuff.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:57 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Fine. Fine, let's do this then."
Head to the computer core as planned earlier.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:59 pm
Profile WWW

Bring the battery to the computer core. Recharge it with some of my own power if necessary.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Why are you taking the battery to the computer core? We don't even know if the computer core uses batteries.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm assuming the computer core doesn't have its own magic power source. This battery is plan B; we'd need it somewhere (if not the computers, then later restarting the reactor), so I plan to lug it around for a while.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:49 pm

I can't do computer fiddly things without the battery. Also, if we can get these computers that manage the reactors on, then we can power on the reactor and make sure it only routes power to where we want it. Chances are the computer core takes a lot more power than these computers (because it's you know, the core. It's important and stuff.), and is powered by the reactor. First, we get this bank of computers on, check out the ship's power grid, and then make our move from there.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next