View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Deep Black Yonder: (aka, Hex2) 

Post Re: Deep Black Yonder: (aka, Hex2)
Mehbad-ish rolls Kebbit, this uses a d10, where red is a 1-2, green is 9-10, orange is usually 3-4 along with a bad result. Sometimes a 3-4 might be enough to succeed at what you're doing, other times you might get a 5-8 and still fail. Eg, Ramming a trade vessel into a warship and hoping to win the battle, a good (ish) result will only occur on a natural 10 (But you would still be an idiot).

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Couldn't we use the invention to make water??? If not BAAM

> Try to start up ore refining, and research

> When is someone going to scan the Magmatic Planet, Space Station!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 pm
Loose Canon

> Give Slate what he wants. Make sure the science team includes one plucky and intelligent, but wary of men female scientist, one wisecracking new-to-the-game but with a lot of potential scientist, and one older wizened scientist with a good beard on him.

> Have habitation structures for 2000 people relocate to a different area on the 2nd layer, preferably with a notably different geology or resources, bring 2000 people and 2 food production structures.

> Begin research/construction of 2 air-to-ground assault vehicles. Future Attack Choppers.

That should ensure that we have at least three surviving science team members when things go belly up. Hero, love interest, and sidekick. Old scientist will probably die, passing on a vital message and wisdom to his pupil with his last breath.

Also a separate colony because why not.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Immediately have walls built around the area to prevent intrusion of jungle life.
>Have my population capture any species currently inhabiting the immediate area within the walls. If a subject is deemed too dangerous to safely capture, have it killed. Bring all the animals to a stockpile to be researched later.
>Have a large housing building built which will provide temporary shelter until colonists are given individual homes.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

>Build a mining factory. Get to harvesting those minerals.
>Also build a refinery while you're at it.
>Work on communications as well, so we can be the manufacturers of stuff for others

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 am

Once the factories are set up, begin creating mining ships.
Tell the researchers to begin work on faster mining techniques.
Order the military to set up a base orbiting Alfheim.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:32 pm

> Continue to dig for more resources suitable for a mining drone

> Begin designs for AI piloted mining shuttles

> Research MOAR on AI systems.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:03 pm

ROLL: 3
TIP!
When your colonies are established, you can increase your population through advertising .
Initializing system reports...
---------------------------------------------------
Professor Quazar/Huntsman

>Very few usable metals turn up in the sandstone using conventional methods, to find any useable amount, you would need to mine on a much larger and systematic scale.

>Without prompting on your behalf, the majority of the younger scientists and engineers you had working on the mining shuttles adapted their current project to better suit sandstone mining. Hence the creation of the Nelson mining drone, about the size of a large dog, these drones will be easy to mass produce in the hundreds, as well as being able to effectively mine enough ore in the sandstone.

>Research reaches a standstill as your two lead scientists break into an argument

Donald Karthwall: "Bio-computers are the only way!" he states "We can only go so far with computers, and it will be centuries before one will even be able to replicate the majesty of the human brain, this is the only way we are going to make ANY progress!"

Anna Heart: "We just need time, that's all." Anna replies, "Sure, It will take a while, but my co-worker is making quite the exaggeration when he says centuries, they're more than capable, we just need to find the right way to teach them, my labs estimate that will take a century at the most!"

Colony Equipment

Sunni Lorose/Foa

>Your advisers explain that BAAM is just an easy distribution method, and could make life all round significantly easier.

>Minor ore mining and refining are started on the colonized Arid world, progress is slow due to the time required to find the ores, but progress will be seen next turn.

>The space station is position into an an orbit around the Lava world and scanning commences...
Anomaly identified, Silica\Quartz based life! Aka: Living Rocks.

Colony Equipment

John Freeman/TorrentHKU

>Slates final assembled team is as follows

Rolling for teams strength
Head
Oliver Slate: Explorer, Archaeologist and Adventurer extraordinaire.

Scientists
Erika Heart: A young uppity female scientist specializing in sociology and electronic systems.
Jason Xi: Relatively 'green' compared to the rest of the team, he is still unparallelled in the field of alien biology.
Harvey Briar: Surprisingly old for a colony ship, at 50 he is one of the oldest men in the system as well as your head particle physicist.
Erin Draq: A kind woman of 35 and a chemist of the highest order.
Ben Suann: Lab attendant.

Military Personel
Teddy 'Bear' Loid: Young Machine Gunner, not very attentive and almost always has music playing over the top of his coms, but has incredible accuracy with such a chaotic weapon.
Romeo 'Cliff' Gretina: A decent Marksman, may sleep on the job.
Jake 'Blaze' Kaufman: Rifleman, a charismatic and quick thinking guy, hard to shock.
Aivi 'Soaks' Surasshu: Rifleman, a pessimistic and quick minded young girl, hard to shock.

>Some Colonists are moved down to the second layer and settle in the center of a large set of plains near the 'rim' of that layer, Scientists and Military personal are the majority of the populace, and it is expected to be a major hub for future developments.

> "Helicopters? That tech is soooo last century." or so says your leading engineer, Kent Gently. "VTOL is where it's at, I already have the designs for the Tactical Assault Transport, or TAT if you will, I would ALSO have a working prototype to show you, but you already gave that to your away team. Yes you did, Erika even showed me your digital signature for the craft transfer, bah, two more will be ready by next turn so you won't have to wait too long."

Colony Equipment

Jacob Greene/caekdaemon

>Construction materials are produced without a hitch.

>Boom, the new railway goes up and immediately benefits the production and shipping of metals and ores

>Your head Engineer Patrick Rudd suggests the immediate construction of basic cornerstones of society, such as hospitals, schools, water works and power plants, just to name a few. Construction commences immediately.

Colony Equipment

Jameson Dospac/Izen

>Three mining submarines are made and immediately sent to work in the deep sea trenches. The work is hard, but the ore is bountiful.

>The submarines dock underneath a floating refinery, and is quickly converted into metals.

>While going over the prospect of an independent comms system between planets (One is already supplied with the Colonization Module) a young man brings up his plans on shielding the device from super storms...
Stopping him there, he explains "Ocean worlds have huge hurricanes and the like during their storm seasons, due to the large amount of water surface area, or something, the important part that you got was that you'll need some sort of protection against super storm cells, great.

Colony Equipment

Overcaptain Hjammerdein/Kebbit
-Straight 5s, well done captain average.

>While construction of the first refinery will take a little longer, the second is ready to take most of the load until its finished.

>Large sections of mountains are flattened, carved through and paved over as your teams make their way into the ore rich mountains and begin mining "Good 'nd proper!"

>An easy task for your analytical lab attendants, some of the brighter and obedient miners are taught both the proper use of explosives and how to project an aura of command.

Colony Equipment

Sigurd Jarlsson/InsanityBear

>With the factory established, Some rough sketches of mining ships are drawn up, however a turn is required to refine the plans.

>Various plans are drawn up, from tractor beams to giant grinding mills, the choices are near endless.

>This will take time, as well as an amount of resources, and your commander is tentative to do anything lest he uses more than you would wish.

Colony Equipment

Captain Ryker M. Whirlow/Miggles

> Huge walls are erected on your command, thanks to large limestone deposits, your own metal supply and the ever inspirational fear of the unknown, a 50x5 meter tall wall of reinforced concrete is built around your colony.

>A large collection of all the animals goes well with only a few minor injuries from bites and scratches. Now housed in a large custom made lab, a few bright sparks at the labs decided to pen in a few of the more numerous or peculiar creatures into individual perma-plex glass enclosures and open it up to the public as a sort of zoo, for a small visiting fee.

>The populace is content at the moment with the habitation modules provided with the colony ship, but never the less, roads are planned and paved out ready to provide proper personal housing.

Colony Equipment

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:41 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Have my scientists design a stealth surveillance drone to be used on the natives.

Form a complete cabinet. That means minister's of commerce, defense, transport, agriculture, the whole shebang.

Clear back the jungle on the opposite side of the island to the mining tunnel and start construction of the main colony complex that the engineer suggested.

EDIT : Completely forgot about my minor action.

Monitor the weather and the island's mountain to ensure no risk of natural disasters.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Get that big fancy scanner we completed to scanning.

> Have Slate's team ship out to the third level for now, they're granted discretion to do as they want for now, but go no deeper than layer 4.

> Have half science labs begin work on a design for a rugged, all-terrain autonomous exploration drone. Slate is as good as they get, but there's only one of him and humans are squishy. I need something to go where he can't.
> Have the OTHER half of the science labs get working on orbital scanner drones. We can throw a couple dozen into orbit and have them watch over Boatmurdered, or turn them around and scan through the asteroid field for promising rocks.

The science lab IS working on two different projects, but they're both drones, so I figure they can share some of the work.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

> Select from the overseers and handpicked platoons of the hardest men and women of the colony to forge a 350-man Golgothan Party Concordat; an unswervingly efficient political apparatus of cold nerve, restrained hearts and iron work ethic.

Could I get a breakdown of how many combat engineers and overseers I have?

> Appoint direct representatives to myself from the colony lab, the mining frontier, the residential district, the orbital contingent, and the industrial yards. Encourage colonists to discipline and absolute GPC loyalty with cash and rank incentives for overfullfillment of work quota, Party dedication and efficiency in power use.

If both of those cannot be done, do the second.

> Feed as much metal as possible into the reinforcement and expansion of the colonial space elevator into a two-line medium.

Minor:
Keep gutting the mountains.
Keep working on the chemical refinery.
Keep training miners into CEs and overseers.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:59 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> What was going on hum, where are the scientists, can they start developing a helping aid on their desert planet?
> Phbbbt, BAAM freaking everything
> Hum, I don't know, Are there free Scientists still? Help consolidate the Miners, their produce is directly translated into building expansions, and infrastructure upgrades.

> I fogrot what I was doing the space station [MINOR] how viable is contact, scans continue
> [MINOR] Do I have advisers? Advise me on things.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:41 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Begin the operation to pave the roads and build personal housing, for each and every family.

> Study the animals in the "zoo" for possible resource output and dangers. Erect small, unknown to the public, areas underneath the zoo where major convicts can be executed by the will of the fauna.

> Build a power plant at the heart of the colony. (What energy sources may I use?)

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:33 am
Profile WWW

>Begin storm protection research/development
>Work on designs for trade spaceships, begin construction if possible
>Expand mining operations with more subs/refineries/storage

we kamino now

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:00 pm

>Refine plans to construct mining vehicles.
>Begin work on a better grinding apparatus to increase mineral production rate.
>Begin construction on as many basic factories groundside as possible without going below half my available metal.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next