View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 AFTERLIFE: CRUEL DAWN 

Post AFTERLIFE: CRUEL DAWN

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:20 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: AFTERLIFE: CRUEL DAWN
Do we get to play humans?

I always play human.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:27 pm
Profile WWW

My eyes hurt.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm in.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 pm

BearsofInsanity wrote:
I'm in.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'm In.

Also, listening to this song whilst reading this is probably the best choice ever, in ever, n ever.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Consciousness rises from void, taking shape as the old minds decay.

CHOOSE:

You are a child of Earth. Hatched, built, grafted and chemically altered thousands of years ago in the vast brood refineries orbiting Mars, each one of you is a living nation capable of turning worlds to flame and biospheres to dust. You are a sovereign of the Human Hive. Your will is the will of God.

Your ancient kind are dying and degenerate; no more than a thousand survive. But you hold power in yourselves still.
Quote:
Name: Polybiblios
Anatomy: A three-hundred meter pyramid of crimson flesh, bone, and keratinous scars, isolated on a crumbling colony moon and running on stored electrochemical power. Much of its internal cavities are filled with neocortical brain matter, devoted to cataloging and filing away all possible human experience. Its slave species are long dead, and it is utterly alone with its memories.
Domain: Noötic - the manipulation of thoughts, neurological organs, and ideas.

You are a Boltzmann Brain. You came into existence from nothing, a function of mathematical probability and quantum static, but what drives you is the hunger to live and to grow, to consume matter and make it yours. You are a sovereign of nothing and begotten of no one.

You are self-aware, broken apart, decentralized and entropic; your slightest thought bends reality. But you know nothing.
Quote:
Name: Bolide Four
Constituent Matter: A hundred-mile thick band of cobalt metal dust, seeded by forces unknown and left to pulse rhythmically in the magnetic radiation of a neutron star. The cobalt-60 atoms it is made up of have begun to take up semihelical structures and self-replicate, spewing bursts of radio static that, to the careful listener, might almost be words.
Domain: Kinetic - the manipulation of forces, muscles, and worlds.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:32 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'm in

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So it's a power battle of Virtual and Real powers.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 am

Not necessarily. Human players can take on physical abilities, while Boltzmanns can certainly manipulate more abstract concepts if they wish.

Although, if you categorized each side like that, Humans would be Real and Boltzmanns would be Virtual.

On an unrelated note: one slot is now reserved for a grand IRL friend, who will be arriving shortly.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 am

Child of Earth
Name: Omnatom
Physical description: An experiment by the brood refineries. Instead of centralizing intelligence, Omnatom was an attempt at spreading the brainpower of a being across an entire world. Appearing as a series of 6-foot fleshy lumps evenly spaced every kilometer across a hundred-kilometer stretch of the planet Kellar-7, Omnatom is connected by a series of tiny fleshy cords running underneath the ground. These cords have taken the strength of metal. The only possible source of power for such a project is also what it controls.
Domain: Nuclear – The manipulation of the forces governing the links between nuclei of atoms.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:16 am

Child of Earth

Name: Samarkis
Anatomy: A vast bunker of bleached bone situated on an empty planet covered in fine granules of sand. Samarkis is home to thousands of chambers, each identical in nature, but unique in what they contain. The majority of it's numerous internal sanctums were devoted to the containment of biological threats and neo-technological disasters deemed too dangerous, risky, or unique to destroy. What remains of it's innumerable guests after all these years only Samarkis itself knows. It's thought processes, although primitive in nature, are located at a central organic neural hub, located many miles below, situated in the farthest depths of the bunker.
Domain: Proteomics – The manipulation of biological entities composed of proteins.

Last edited by Harzipan on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:08 am

Well this is by far the most peculiar forum game premise I've ever encountered.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I still better be declared by the time I get back :v [from shower]

Quote:
Name: Siseon Plus
Constituent Matter: :v
Domain: Spheres - Influences Noumenon. [Ameliorates/Deteriorates/Re-expresses Characteristics]

So in plain form, can cause wind to blow harder, or swords to cut better, but generally deals with vague [adverbial, adjectival?] spheres.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:47 am

Harzipan, yours is already excellent. If you need any more advice, contact me on Steam or PM.

Foa, your application of Kantian philosophy is pretty damn creative if I do say so myself. However, you have no physical description in yet, and I regret to inform you that the power to alter intrinsic characteristics might be a tad too generalized/overpowered.

Feel free to use another scientific or philosophical concept. Your slot is already reserved, so take as much time as necessary.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next