View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 RtDE - Separate Paths 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: RtDE - Separate Paths
Sorry for not rolling, but I have tons of homework and finals soon so I might not be able to roll until after.
I can try to roll over the weekend, but I have even more homework then.

Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I figured out how to make tables, now I need to remember how that person made that special text on the spoiler. [Not Button Text, something else.]

Fri May 17, 2013 1:28 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

soon

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:58 am
Profile WWW

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:02 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Coming Soon™ (Only valid in Migtime™©®)

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Separate Paths

Night of Day 0 - Year 3340 BC

Kebbit
Utu-hejal Lagash Maradi ina Akkad
You grab the basket, curl it in inside your forearm, and take a sip. It tastes bitter and muddy, and your face twists in displeasure. You set it down, grab a grain cake, and take a small bite in the front. It tastes stale, but certainly much better than the water.
''...tis foul. Good beer and barley are called for in times like these, to steady the nerves and warm the heart."
You decide this is unsatisfactory, and get up to leave for the market. You take a gander at the sky. It is a reddish hue, and the sun sets.
You make your way down the road. In your hand, the 5 coins of payment. In your mind, a plan to buy something more enjoyable. You are at the market, and many faces pass, as you pass many faces in turn. Men selling clay jars, wicker bowls, chairs, carpets, rugs, all appear nearby. Many try to grab your attention, but you ignore them. A merchant selling a variety of edibles catches your eye. He has, on his rug of wares, several bowls of beer, a fine stack of raw barley, several sacks of grain, and a small assortment of cakes. You stop at his stall and ask him the prices of his goods.
Hello, fine customer! Here are my wares. Buy what you like, but do it quick, the sundown is upon us.
You may buy (With 5 coins):
-Beer bowl - 1c/per
-Barley - 5c/per pound
-Sack of grain (ground barley) - 3c (small)
-Sack of grain (ground wheat) -2c (small)
-Packed cake (barley) -1c/per
-Flavored cake (barley with sugars) - 2c/per

Cave
Urch Yirktos
You near the structure. It appears to be a building.. and large. Larger than you've ever seen anything be. It seems to swallow the horizon, taking up your entire field of vision. On each side are 7 ornate spires, and in the middle, one very large, rounded pillar. Between the bricks of sandstone, an orange glow seeps through, making the entire building seem somewhat translucent. The brightness is only enough to see well, but not blind.
You notice a large gate, entirely opaque, made of a shiny, hard material. You knock on the gate. Silence.
You knock again. Nothing.
You try to push open the gate, but it is very heavy, even for a strong boy like you. Still, persevering, you manage to slide the gate open enough to enter. It immediately shuts behind you with a SLAM.

You are in the courtyard of the structure, which you now see is not one building, but many. The ground, which had been hot and glowing, is now fertile, cool grass. The glow of the bricks has changed to blue. Small trenches filled with water line either side of your path. To your left is a small hut made of brick, which smells of baked grain. To your right, another hut, and a musky, alluring scent. You can't see into either hut, and they look identical on the outside.
To your front is a large wooden door, with ornate carvings depicting a small-legged dog, and a 7 leafed plant. The dog is dancing.

MLC
Rydu
You look at the money in your hand, and decide to return it sneakily. Nobody will know.
The sun is low in the sky. This is your perfect chance.
You sneak from tent to tent, crouched as low as you can go without totally crawling. Most of your people are either withdrawing to their homes for the night, or heading to the campfire to exchange small talk over whatever food they had managed to gather that day. You go unnoticed to the tent. Looking through the small tear in the canvas (which you had created earlier when you stole the money) you see a man standing, facing away from you. He seems to be looking at a tablet. You slowly scoot the coins back onto the table where they had been, one by one, eventually returning all 30 that you stole. As you slide in the last few coins, a clinking noise goes off when one touches another, and the man immediately turns around. Assuming that you are actually stealing right now, he draws a knife and runs outside.

Maarten
Aklam
"Who hired you? And if you want to kill me at least join me for a cup of milk inside so we can talk about this."
"Hired? Ha! I work for myself! And as for your offerings: No thanks, I'd rather take a cup of your blood!"
You grab your axe and stand near the door to your hut. Several more arrows twang by. One manages to scrape upon your shin, causing it to bleed, but it flies past, not penetrating the flesh. You let out a small grunt and yell.
"Damn you! Why are you wanting to end my life?!"
"You know what you've done! The burning of the O'kti village! It was you!"
You are confused. You have never heard of this village and do not recognize this woman's voice.

Harz
Kulak-Nul
"Quiet out there! I'm trying to think!"
You grab a rock from the ground near your fire and throw it off to your left.
"Mmm. Stupid beasts."
You look at the meat. It is browned and crispy. You take it off the fire and take a bite. Juicy.
You look down to your leg again. Around you, you look for more leaves to put on your tourniquet. You pick up several leaves, wet them in a puddle, and stick them under the strings. More growls from animals reach your ears. You throw another rock in the opposite direction.
"OW!"

Foa
Nayra Htilogo
You take off a piece of your coat and quickly grab as much of the money as you can fit inside, wrapping it in the coat and tying it off like a bag. The shadows from the other room have entirely risen and seem to be nearing.
"There! I see someone! Hurry!"
You run off as fast as you can, tearing through the paper doors, knocking down the tables throwing around the furniture. You are outside, on a small crag on the backside of the house. There is a lake underneath you, but it is nearly 30 feet down. There is a small ledge-path on the right, facing the house. However, it seems very dangerous, and falling would mean a 2 story fall onto rocks and then a 10 foot drop into water, where you could drown.
The man is nearing; you can see his shadow, and the silhouette of a blade. You must act fast!

Izen
Ibruk
You feel slightly replenished after the sleep and drink. You take another huge gulp of water, and head over to the source of the light. You make noise as you pass through brush, and can hear a voice far off. You can't tell what it's saying, though.
The voice talks some more. You close in on what appears to be a clearing, and see someone cooking some food.
A rock hits you in the head.
"OW!"
The man looks over at you. You wave.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:29 am
Profile WWW

> Draw my longknife and carefully get up.

"Which village fool has come to visit me now?"

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:52 am

>Greet person
"Hello! I see you've been hunting. I'm a hunter too."

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:26 am

"Interesting. I am unfamiliar with your face, stranger. Who are you and where do you hail from? Certainly not from that infestation that I once called my village."

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 am

Who do you even think I am? Because I don't even know of that village, let alone burn it down. So please just come in and talk this over peacefully so we can find the man who did.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Purchase one bowl beer, two sacks ground wheat. Then trudge home after drinking said beer..

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Why not. You have a Bow, an Arrow, and a Target--It should go without saying, even though I'm probably going to be the problem for \a certain other character\ or \cause my own main antagonist\.
> Just make sure there's something nice to shimmy around to block his view on the situation.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:34 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Foa wrote:
> Why not. You have a Bow, an Arrow, and a Target--It should go without saying, even though I'm probably going to be the problem for \a certain other character\ or \cause my own main antagonist\.
> Just make sure there's something nice to shimmy around to block his view on the situation.

i dont speak martian sorry please try again

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:46 am
Profile WWW

> Head to the hut that smells like grain and knock on the door, or door frame if no door is present. Invite myself in cautiously if no one answers.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:56 am

Harzipan wrote:
"Interesting. I am unfamiliar with your face, stranger. Who are you and where do you hail from? Certainly not from that infestation that I once called my village."

Infe-what? I was just out hunting.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next