View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods
"James Gondolas, a gifted head of police. Time to show the people that even if he is gifted, he can still die like the rest."

Hunt James Gondolas. Stealthily. Be sure to arrive at nightfall.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

I just realized I named him "plural of gondola" ♥♥♥♥.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:

He's Venetian, I guess.

That, or he is a transformer comprised out of a number of rowing boats. Gondolatron assemble!

Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:

Remember, in RP talk, a gondola is a word for an unknown, unwarranted, but dangerous threat.
("No, it is too late... you've made the gondola angry!!!")

Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:43 am
DRLGrump

Hey, Ikki, tell ya what. I'll start running down some contacts, see if there's any way we can put this momentum to good use. I'll contact you when I find something, alright?
Leave the meeting, don't talk to Salamander just yet. Start walking back to my apartment. On the way back, see if I can drum up any more information through some of my old contacts about a guy going by the name Salamander (or a variation) with a fire Gift.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:00 am

Go inside, request an audience with the police chief and while waiting strike up isle chat with the nearest attractive female. All the while keeping an eye on my Camaro.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 am

>Storm out the front gate. Track down the old car in the blacktop sea and drive home.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:53 pm

"And an unsweetened ice cold tea as well, whatever flavour you have."
> Wait for my salad and drink to come, see if there's an actual menu somewhere.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 pm

>Hrmm. Shoot an angry glare at the guard, and then head to a juicier location. By the looks of it, this place is as straight up as those Norstar ♥♥♥♥ get.
This is going somewhere skullduggerish, I promise.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:16 pm

For the first time in a long while, venture outside to find the deepest and most widespread drug cartel in town. They should be able to get you some brain stimulants at a reasonable price. It's time to get into the real game.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Something something, walk back home for a bit, then work. It was is the densely populated area right?

I wonder who I'll run into this time?
Today seemed a bit colder than usual, better wear an extra layer.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 - Tabitha "Tabi" Merriam [10]
"And an unsweetened ice cold tea as well, whatever flavour you have."
He nervously heads away to get your food while you sit and, for the moment, ignore that you both now know the other is Gifted. You doubt he wants to make a scene in the restaurant; you certainly don't. Soon he returns with your tea and salad. He sets your food down while avoiding looking at you as best he can, and you order some unpronounceable chicken dish that sounds good. After taking your order, he hurries back to the kitchen again, eager to stay away from you.
Poor thing, he's terrified of you.
-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Playwright

maart3n - Tim van der Valk [3]
This is the impound lot, not the police station. You walk over to the booth next to the gate of the lot, inside are two bored looking personnel. No women around and certainly no police chief.
You give a quick sigh at the mundanity of the situation, and the man sitting at the window raises an eyebrow.
"Here to pick up my car. The nice silver sporty looking one."
"Alright, where's your writ of ownership."
"...My what now?"

Now it's the guard's turn to sigh.
"It's a form you should've gotten that says you own the car and are allowed to pick it up. Do you not have it?"
"I have not received anything like that."
"Well then, sorry bub, nothing I can do. Call up the ones who locked up your car, ask them."

Dammit. Investigator never said anything about having to prove you owned the car.

You glance over towards where your Camaro isn't, and-
Wait. What?!
You frantically look around, and realize that your cherry red ride is currently at the stoplight at the end of the street.
You left the keys in the car.
♥♥♥♥.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Pose Breaker

Benpasko - Blade Runner [10]
Hrm. Too easy a nut. You won't get anywhere with something like this. Gotta find a bigger place.
Reviewing your notes, you decide the best place would be...
Well, the BEST place would be Norstar's downtown office. They've leased an entire office building for their use, renovated the hell out of it. There's no way you could break in there and NOT find something juicy. You bet the secrets would practically THROW themselves at you.
Hmm. Come to think of it, for such an important building, they don't have too high security measures in place either. At least, not that you can see from the outside.
Huh. Why has it never occurred to you to check them out before?
They've also got a heavy presence in the rich neighborhoods, there are extensive security contracts in place by the folks that can afford em. There could be something around there, but that's the most difficult to infiltrate too. More likely to be something in their offices.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Kinetic Pylon

Tomaster - Simmons Johnson [5]
"Hey, Ikki, tell ya what. I'll start running down some contacts, see if there's any way we can put this momentum to good use. I'll contact you when I find something, alright?"
"Huh? What, you not feeling... THE HEAT!?"

He punctuates this with a flying dropkick at you, which you calmly sidestep, letting Ikki slam into a concrete wall behind you. He then rolls on the ground clutching his legs and yelling obscenities as you calmly head off.
Yeah, that's pretty normal Ikki behavior. Good kid. Kinda a spaz, got some weird ideas, but if he didn't have to fight for every scrap of food he'd be a good guy.
As you walk, you take out your phone and make a few calls.

"Hey, Rondo. It's Simmons. Yeah. Yeah. No, no, not yet. Nah, nothing big; you ever heard of a guy goes by 'Salamander'? Red dreadlocks, could bench a truck? Damn. Heh, I hope not. Dude's a gifted, can make fire. Yeah, I know. Yeah. He knows too. Really? Oh cool, I'll try em. Alright thanks man, stay good."

"Ey yo, Poncho! Wassap man! Oh ♥♥♥♥, really? Oh ♥♥♥♥, really? You of all people man. Nah, lookin' for some info on someone. Look, it's important, it's a Gifted. Gift name's Firearm, he says it's Salamander though. He can make fire. You got anything? Yeah... ♥♥♥♥, really? Alright, I got it. Yeah man, don't worry, I know how it works. You too dude, say hi to this new chiquita of yours for me."

You snap your phone off. Hmm.
Rondo didn't know anything, but he said Poncho might.
Poncho didn't know anything concrete, but he's heard some rumors about the fire on the west side. They're saying there's a gang of fire-based Gifted around, and some of them MAY have been spotted at the fire by some bystanders. Just rumors of course, but it's certainly worth knowing that this guy MAY be in with a group of crazy arsonists.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Two Step Road

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

BTW I'm rolling 4 people at a time now because I burn the hell out doing all 8 at once okay peace

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:08 am
Profile WWW

"Godverdomme! Again?"
Call police and shout at the dude behind the window to do the same. Then run towards the nearest taxi.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:22 am

>Go to the office, begin scoping out the place.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next