View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods
> Enjoy my food/drink, see if there's anything interesting going on.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 pm
Loose Canon

HAHA ROLLS

caekdaemon - Daemon [8]
"James Gondolas, a gifted head of police. Time to show the people that even if he is gifted, he can still die like the rest."
Yes, he will do. He will do nicely. The first part of the hunt, the prowl. Learn his patterns, find out his home and work, find his weaknesses and vulnerabilities. You COULD just break into his office in the middle of the day, if you felt like dying. No, no that's both crass and stupid. But where to start the stalk. Scope out the workplace, find his office, maybe snoop for something informative there or perhaps just wait for Gondolas there.
Or could follow him home, strike where he's at his least ready. Maybe he has a family too. That would certainly be an experience, having his wife and possibly children see him die. Not sure how you feel about that. You DO have standards, twisted as they are.
Two radically different options.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Shadow Jack

TheKebbit - Dr. Gregory Martel [9]
You head out. To hell with this place. With these people. With this life.
You leave the building, not even bothering to punch out, and get to your car. You drive out of the parking lot, growing more exhilarated with each passing second. You just sent a giant middle finger to your job and your life.
There's no going back, but then again, there's a lot of going forward. So... Where to go? What to do?

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Unman Integrate

Foa - Morrissa "Eonislara" Leona [6]
You exit class, having finished for the day, and start walking home before work.
I wonder who I'll run into this time?
Today seemed a bit colder than usual, better wear an extra layer.

Mm.
Hmm. It IS cold. You can see your breath.
It wasn't this cold this morning. Or in the forecast.
Nah, it couldn't be. Your imagination's getting the better of you. It's probably just weird weather.
Certainly not an ice Gifted or something.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Black Rabbit

Offendo - Saladin Ashur [7]
... A drug dealer? Where the hell did you get THAT idea? You... you COULD, but that would be a bad idea even in your prime.
Then again...
The greatest regret is always a life unfulfilled. And you could stay away from anything too bad...
Of course, assuming you DO want to actually go through with hard drugs, you have no idea where to find them. You doubt your old friends would either. You don't usually end up chasing the dragon at 90 years of age, or end up 90 years old if you tend to use.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Hive Talker

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"The long game begins."

Follow Gondolas, trail him from the shadows. Learn as much about him as possible.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 am
Profile WWW

>Scrape together all the cash I have and hit up an electronics store.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:31 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> I'm not really sure what the time scale is anymore. Do I get to the house, and get changed or something? Or what?.

Cold blue sky, and ashen, stormy jungles.
Seems like a nice time to run, otherwise, but for now: home, clothes, work, and a brisk jaunt the way back~

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:12 am
Loose Canon

Timescale is what it needs to be. I'll timeskip as necessary if nothing fun happens in the course of your action.
And since fun things happening are the basis of any RTD, who knows? ;)

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 am
Profile WWW

Try to find who the best smugglers are in town. See if they have successfully smuggled people out of the city.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:06 pm
Loose Canon

HEY TOMASTER YOU JUST WASTED A VERY NICE SET OF ROLLS GJ.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh yeah, so that's who was holding it up. Gunna drop a ♥♥♥♥♥?

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:39 am
Loose Canon

So yeah, STILL waiting on Tomaster.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 am
Profile WWW

Foa wrote:
Oh yeah, so that's who was holding it up. Gunna drop a ♥♥♥♥♥?

+1 to that idea. A similar thing happened with Destiny too.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:46 am
DRLGrump

Oops. College got the best of me.
Alright, time to do my real job.
Start calling up some more contacts. See if there are any potential jobs out there that can take advantage of a fire based Gift that'll satisfy Ikki.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 am

speke of yeh devil an he shall appear

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:55 am
DRLGrump

SCUMBAG HK.
♥♥♥♥♥es ABOUT ME NOT ACTIONING.
DOESN'T ♥♥♥♥ ROLL ONCE I ACTION.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:31 pm
Loose Canon

HAHA WOW.

CaveCricket48 - Tabitha "Tabi" Merriam [2]
You eat. It's good food, but you'll probably have to stay away from here for the good of that server. He would probably have a heart attack if you ever showed up again. It's natural for Gifted to fight, it's just a strange property they all share. Whenever they see another, their blood starts to boil and they think of combat. Of course, being a respectable woman and not a fight-crazy street urchin, you easily overcome this base impulse.
Finishing your meal, you get up, leave a rather generous tip, then pay and leave.
It's when you're halfway through the parking lot that you feel a strong breeze suddenly blow through the lot, shaking the trees nearby. You stop, a small knot forming in the pit of your stomach, and you look back. Yes, it's the server, standing in front of the restaurant, a fearful and manic look on his face.
This won't end well.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Playwright

maart3n - Tim van der Valk [6]
"Godverdomme! Again?!
Oy! Constable! Call the police, my car's been stolen!"
"...The one in the lot?"
"VLAMMENDE DOMHEID, THE ONE I DROVE HERE IN!"
"Oh."

He doesn't seem to be caring much, but he does start talking into his radio, so you assume he's making himself useful. Meanwhile, you make yourself much more useful, and run after your car. It's still stopped, but the light will change any moment, and-
"Need a ride?"
Oh goddess of luck, you shine upon me today. A taxi cab pulls up next to you, the driver inquiring into your frantic running.
"Yes, good! I will pay your double time, chase that red car!"
You practically dive into the back seat, right as the traffic light goes green and your baby takes off. The taxi goes in pursuit, and the chase is on. Stores whizz by as you make your way through the ghetto and into a nicer part of town, going from fast food, convenience stores, and the occasional check-cashing business to fashion stores with mannequins displaying wares, office buildings with boring fronts, and a few nice cafes with outdoor seating areas.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Pose Breaker

Benpasko - Blade Runner [4]
You head downtown, towards the Norstar HQ building. It sprang up pretty quickly, shockingly so to be honest. It was up within a few months, a time almost unheard of for such a large building. Right on the front of it, above the entrance, is the Norstar logo big and tall, telling the world exactly who owns this towering monolith of corporate power and private military strength.
And you're gonna break in.
Hmm... From outside, you can see a security guard at the front desk, and no other obvious entrances. The building has a wicked overhang for the 2nd floor that makes it very difficult to scale. You'd say Norstar built a fortress, not an office building, but you're not THAT parano-
Wait, no, you are. You are that paranoid. This thing could probably tank a plane crash.
Looks like everyone who gets in just needs an ID badge to scan. A few people head up to the guard and show him some papers, and he hands a card back, which they then use to scan. Man, being Gifted really improved your eyesight.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Kinetic Pylon

Tomaster - Simmons Johnson [7]
No time to worry about shifty gangbangers right now. You've got a job to find. Let's see... Al's probably the guy to call here, he's relatively up and up. The phone rings 3 and a half times before getting picked up.

"Hey Alphonse, long time no see!
...Simmons. I pulled your ass out of a goddamn burning meth house and literally beat the flames off you and this is how you-
You shithead. Heh, good. Yeah, you know me too well you damn egghead. Running with some punks, got a fire Gifted with us. Yeah, he's a treat. Looking for some work that fits his talents, preferably not just arson either. I said I wanted a job, not a- shut up, you know what I meant.
Dunno. Far as I know he just makes flame. Eugh, that's messy business, no thanks. I wanna keep these guys on the straight and narrow if I can.
That- Well, yeah, that could... that could work. I can keep him in line. Yeah. Yeah dude. Thanks. Yeah yeah, pineapple, you weirdo."

You hang up. Strange dude, but very well connected and smart as hell. Not much you can do with a fire Gifted that isn't "burn a house down", but fire makes for good intimidation. Go send a frightening warning to some people, get paid, keep your hands clean. All in all, not bad. As long as that gorilla of a Gifted doesn't get bored with the job.
"Ey yo! Two Step! We got WORDS to have."
Speak of the devil...

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Two Step Road

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next