View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods
Code:
<Tomaster> HK WHY HAVEN'T YOU ROLLED TG?
<Aucupe> because foa
<Tomaster> HE SAID HE HATES BACKSTORY.
<Tomaster> GUESS I'LL GET TO MAKE ONE UP FOR HIM.
<Tomaster> MOMMY DRANK A LOT DURING PREGNANCY.
<Tomaster> NOW FOA HAS FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME.
<Aucupe> lol
<Tomaster> AND THROUGH SOME SICK TWIST OF FATE, HE WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE GIVEN SUPERPOWERS.
<Tomaster> BOOM. WE'RE GOOD TO GO.
<Tomaster> HE GETS A BUFF AND A DEBUFF.
<Tomaster> BUFF: RETARD STRENGTH.
<Tomaster> DEBUFF: RETARD

Oh by the way everyone'll be handed some quantified buff(s) and debuff(s) based on their backstory.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I was about to write it, revelations came in from last night, but I've been procrastinating.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Quote:
Foe: I don't want to deal with this shsit
Foe: But ♥♥♥♥ it
Foe: Since I can't put words to it
Foe: Prodgial track and field
Foe: gets molested
Foe: moves away
Foe: no scholarships
Foe: lives in obscurity and fear
Foe: and poverty
Caek: Backstory complete, then.
Foe: there, interpret it, and serenade HKU
Foe: extra backstory details "Recently gets into College", "Lives in an Isolated Flat"
Foe: There you go
Foe: serenade HKU with the chatlog dump of this

Backstory complete. Now we shall proceed according to plan.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:06 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Quote:
Caek: Putting that section in the thread.
Foe: anyways
Foe: titsbag mcgee has a reason to be athletic, and generally dull-eyed now
Foe: there we go, woo
Caek: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=45503&p=542834#p542834
Caek: New post.

Foa wrote:
Foa wrote:
I'm afraid of Power Overlap... since, I want to try again at being someone from Noitu Love 2.

Quote:
Foe: :o
MEDUKA MEGUCA: Black Rabbit
Foe: woot

Finally starting on this behemotic mess.
Quote:
-Character Sheet-
Name: Morrissa "Eonislara" Leona
Description: What is readily apparent about her, is her fiery mane of hair (of a wavy orange) and distinctly dull grey eyes-- both of which she passes it off as heredity. As far as her other features are her partiality to beige, and light blues in her outfits; she has a large, iridescent and ashen tattoo that rounds her right shoulder. She is physically fit, as can be described later, but she is generally a lanky and muscular form that measures to about 5'3". And, lastly, clothing often exaggerates her slight pear-shaped body.
Background:
caekdaemon wrote:
Quote:
Foe: I don't want to deal with this shsit
Foe: But ♥♥♥♥ it
Foe: Since I can't put words to it
Foe: Prodgial track and field
Foe: gets molested
Foe: moves away
Foe: no scholarships
Foe: lives in obscurity and fear
Foe: and poverty
Caek: Backstory complete, then.
Foe: there, interpret it, and serenade HKU
Foe: extra backstory details "Recently gets into College", "Lives in an Isolated Flat"
Foe: There you go
Foe: serenade HKU with the chatlog dump of this

Backstory complete. Now we shall proceed according to plan.

Gift Name: Black Rabbit

Yes the tattoo involves gradients, and yes, you can have gradients with tattoos.

[Lani Mona-> Mona Lani -> Morrissa Lanielle]
Eonislara]

So yeah, a track and field athlete that couldn't escape, and in the year to come, dull eyes hold back fiery youth. And so does poverty and menial labour, but I honestly can't write.
I'm honestly not sure if she'd be outwardly, or actively afraid, being years after the fact.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:08 am
Loose Canon

Hmm.
I have to go to bed in around an hour.
SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST TIME TO START THIS UP.

CaveCricket48 - Tabitha "Tabi" Merriam [-]
The performance ends, the actors take a bow, the audience applaudes, and the curtain comes down.

It was good. A good rendition of The Wandering Jew, with a few unobtrusive tweaks to fit the audience. Certainly not a new or famous play, but not a bad one at all. And the cast did pull it off very nicely, the man playing the titular Jew was especially good. Brought a lot of energy and expression to the play.
You file out with the rest of the well to do-ers, out from the upper box seats and into the nice portion of the lobby. Your aide awaits you, standing prim and proper, hands behind his back.
"Enjoy the play Miss Tabitha?"
"Richard, please, I've told you my name is Tabi."
"Of course Miss Tabitha, my mistake. Won't happen again."

The older fellow gives you a cheeky smile, and follows you out of the Jovan Theater, a step behind. It's a short walk out to the car, and Richard holds the door open for you as you get into the plush Lincoln. While he starts the car and maneuvers out of the parking lot, you turn on your smartphone and set it to play music over the car speakers.
♫ Feel the beat at the drum ♫
♫ Move like you really wanna be number one ♫
♫ You could beat out the comp ♫
♫ Run like you really wanna be at the top ♫

You really do enjoy this Nichole Minaj artist, her talent for modulating her voice is really wonderful.
"So Miss Tabitha. It's only about 1:30, the day is still young. Anywhere you'd like to go?"

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Playwright

maart3n - Tim van der Valk [-]
Siiiiigh.
Bored.
Just a dull fall day. A bit chilly out, but not cold. The leaves have started falling off the trees, school's back in session for the younguns, everything with a flavor has the "pumpkin spice" option...
And there is NOTHING to do.
You'd like to go driving, or even better find some hotshot with a stupid little rice burner and show him his place, but after the wall went up it got a LOT harder to find a good stretch of road to really let loose on.
And anyway, it's daytime, you have to be good right now.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Pose Breaker

Benpasko - Blade Runner [-]
You sip your cup of soup, glaring at the guard inside the booth in front of a medium sized industrial chemical plant through the eyeholes in your newspaper.
Norstar. You don't trust Norstar. You don't trust them at ALL.
Everyone gets their powers, sure. Weirder ♥♥♥♥ has happen- well okay, no it hasn't, this is pretty much literally the weirdest thing ever. But, Norstar was ENTIRELY too quick to profit from it. Two days after ♥♥♥♥ hit the fan, Norstar dumps half their assets on the city, drives out every other security company with a presence in the city, and manages to recruit one of the strongest, most well behaved, and most Poster Boy-y Gifted to be their little mascot. Yeah, sure, totally innocent.
They're up to something. Maybe they had a hand in the Gifts, maybe they just knew about it beforehand. But there's no way these guys aren't involved somehow.
You just need to find out how. And right now, that how is LBL Chemworks.

Damn good soup, too. Damn, what is this, chicken noodle? Whatever it is, ♥♥♥♥'s good for the soul.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Kinetic Pylon

Tomaster - Simmons Johnson [-]
"Awright y'all crap stickers! Today, we got a new guy!"
An energetic punk in his early twenties dances around excitedly in a back alley somewhere in the not so nice part of town.
The East Side Gunz, a small but powerful gang that holds tightly to their own little bit of territory. The leader, a half-Japanese half-American hoodlum named Itsuki "Ikki" Minami, has led the Gunz through the years with his fists and his guts.
The other 4 or so members have mostly tagged along and just gone along with Ikki's bravado and fists. They've recently recruited.
Most notably, an older man by the name of Simmons with some experience with gangs, and a few other pieces of actual muscle.
"So! So so so! ♥♥♥♥♥es, lemme introduce the newest and greatest asset of the Gunz, the Gifted Salamander!"

You were just zoning out before. The Gunz are some small time hoods, just something to pass the time and hopefully put money in your pocket until you find a better outfit to join up with.
Then, Ikki mentioned a Gifted. You've kept it hidden from the rest of them, and they don't have one of their own to rat you out, but for Ikki to be announcing this guy like this, he's probably shown off his power for proof.
As if on cue (actually, it probably WAS on cue...), a man walks around the corner. Thick, muscled arms and chest in a white wife beater, flaming orange-red dyed hair done into swept back dreadlocks, a cocky smirk on his face as he looks over the Gunz.
And most importantly, the moment you look at him, a voice speaks in your head.
Firearm

And with that, you know. You know for sure, he's a Gifted. But... Ikki said he was Salamander.
♥♥♥♥, he's looking at you. His eyes narrow a bit, and his smile drops off for a moment, before returning, more tight lipped and conspiratorial than before.
You two are gonna have to have words. He doesn't seem to be making a scene though. Mutual secrets, eh?

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Two Step Road

caekdaemon - Daemon [-]
Who to hunt, who to hunt...
That police investigator was no fun. He found out a lot about you, but he wasn't any good once you came knocking. Thought he was the only one that could find things out.
This time someone with more... challenge. Military man, maybe. The military DID set up a little base inside Old Grove Park, they've got round the clock security and a few officers.
That could be fun.
Or maybe some brass at the police... instill the fear of god into them. Could send a note first so they panic more, and try to STOP you. Key word, try.
It suddenly dawns on you that if nobody can get in or out of the city, sooner or later you'll run out of targets.
Well, that's a problem for sure.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Shadow Jack

TheKebbit - Dr. Gregory Martel [-]
Your alarm goes off. You get up, brush your teeth, take a shower, get dressed.
Feed the dog, make some toast, eat some toast, feed the dog some toast, get your briefcase, lock the door, head to the car.
Drive to work, wave your badge at the guard in the booth, drive in to the parking lot at LBL Chemworks.
Park your car, head inside, punch in, get to work.
Check the newest batch of Chemical FA-352. Check the setting of UH-212.
Approve orders for several batches of things that need mixing, cooking, fusing, or a thousand other little chemical treatments.
Wonder what happened to your life.
Sit at your medium sized desk, in your medium sized office, in this medium sized chemical plant.
Every day.

You could change it. You're a Gifted now.
You could change your life, become someone who MATTERS. But... will you?

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Unman Integrate

Foa - Morrissa "Eonislara" Leona [-]
A girl with the ravages of age apparent twenty years too early walks down the street in a threadbare hoodie, looking at nice things in shop windows. It's the nice part of town, where you can walk without watching your back and keeping a hand on the knife in your pocket.
It's a weekly routine for her. Every wednesday she goes window shopping, to see what she would buy if she could buy things.
She passes many small boutiques and stores for the affluent, places Morrissa only dreams of shopping at. She has to work just to get money for food, the idea of spending a month's rent worth of money on a handbag is crazy to her.
Next on her trip, sit down in front of the Jovan Theater, pretend to be waiting for a show, and people watch all the fat cats who don't have to worry about a damn thing in their life.
No, don't be bitter. Your life may have been a trainwreck, but it's certainly not the fault of any of these people.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Black Rabbit

Offendo - Saladin Ashur [-]
"Aaand One... two... three... One... two... three..."
You're doing stretches. Small exercises to rebuild your body. Many long years of hard labor, back before such things as clean industrial technology and health regulations and the realization that asbestos is terrible, have robbed your body of their strength.
And yet...
This... Gift. It's more than just the unusual power. Your body has been feeling better lately, day by day.
Even the cancer in your lungs that doctors said would probably take you down within six months... Well, it's been feeling better. A month ago, you had horrible fits of hacking, wheezing coughs every hour. Now? You've gone 24 hours without so much as clearing your throat.
This Gift thing, it has saved your life, figuratively AND literally.
And now... Well, you're certainly not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. You've been given a chance to live your life again, the shackles that bound you to sadness and death have been lifted.
And you intend to seize the day for everything it has.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Hive Talker

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:53 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This is me: http://www.wimp.com/beingpenguins/

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:52 am
DRLGrump

No debuffs for Keb or Foa?

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 am

imba please nerf

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:19 am
DRLGrump

I love your character, but I feel like with that sort of backstory there's definitely a debuff in there somewhere.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 am
Loose Canon

For the life of me I can't think of one that both fits and doesn't anger CC by interrupting roleplaying.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 am
Profile WWW

Dr. Martel
- Ignored Expert: Difficult to truly respect, deal with or take the orders of very seriously. Is regularly trodden on as a matter of daily life.
(Might go in as-is and/or translate to a negative add-on to social interactions.)

Eonislara
- Grinding Poverty: Where most other characters do not undergo serious challenges with money or have excess resources according to their status, Eonislara must occasionally struggle to do something like scrape together the cash for a prepaid metro card.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

And then menial labour gets ♥♥♥♥ by a combination of stagnating wages, and inflating currencies; it is horrible, but we can still hold hands across America~

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:00 am
Loose Canon

Accidentally left this to hang, Finals hit me harder than I expected.
First time they've actually made me stop and pay attention to em.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Now then.
ROLLING!

EDIT: Haha I rolled wow it's late I should go to bed.
Action up everyone!

Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:24 am
Profile WWW

Do the last three players have any inventory stuff?

Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next