View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Fantasy 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Roll to Dodge - Fantasy
This is a side project that has been cooking next to Destiny on my dice-oven. I plan to roll it and Destiny on a rotation. If I don't feel like rolling the one, I'll roll the other. This also lets me get even more practice in. So, let's get moving.
The World Map

In this RtD you'll choose your race, then your faction of origin. Each race and faction has a few traits for you to pick from. You can only have one of these traits, one from your race and one from your nation. Choose wisely, since you won't be able to change them. NPCs will also have these traits, so I would recommend caution in a fight.
Character Creation

Whew, that's a lot of stuff to write. Anyway, here's the character template. Faction and Race will affect the way other NPCs treat you.

Name : The usual.
Age : Also part of the usual, but some races live longer than others so if you need help with this part ask in the thread.
Race : Just pick one of the above races.
Faction : Just pick one of the above factions for your race.
Traits : Pick your racial and your faction traits and put them here.
Appearance : Don't spare any details here, you know I love a good read.
Background : Likewise, the more details here the more I can squeeze into the story. Please, the more the merrier!

I'm either gonna go with four or six slots for this, so the character list!

Character list :
1. Maart3n as Amras Culnámo the Elven Blade-Conjurer! Sprite complete : ✓
2. Kebbit as Bitter Pill the Observing, Form Shifting Wraith! Sprite complete : ✓
3. TorrentHKU as Amboss Symphonian the Golem Machinist! Sprite complete : ✓
4. CaveCricket48 as Paladin Amelia Oaks the Robust! Sprite complete : ✓
5. Offendo as Ashurbanipal III the Master Craftsman! Sprite complete : ✓
6. Foa as Orange the Deftdancer an Axin Mage! Sprite complete : ✓

Waiting List:
1. CrazyMLC as Seppo Ilmarinen the Dwarven Forge Master!

Now you might be wondering where the titanic wall of lore is, as everyone knows I always have a titanic wall of lore because I am Caek, Loremaster. To answer that, I'm working on it and will put it in a reserved post below. This is gonna be a huge undertaking, but even if you want to make your character first there should be enough information in the racial snippets to create a character.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:42 am, edited 13 times in total.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Fantasy
Reserving this post for honor, glory and titanic lore quantities.

Lore Post I : Here is the first slice of background, from a perspective as if it was a roll.

Battle of the Portal

An Everyday Guide to Rune Magic

The Lost Race - Excerpts from the Journal of King Goralt the Lion.

Alaris and Deneer - Death and Life.

The final battle of the Ancient War, Part One. Additional parts will be unlocked as you progress through the story. I reserve the right of retcon here in case I come up with new, better ideas and that kind of thing.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:13 am, edited 8 times in total.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:08 am
Profile WWW

R-R-R-R-RESERVE

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:10 am

Reserve.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, you know what she wrote: Decklair.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:30 am
Loose Canon

This is a bad idea.
Reserve anyway.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

First lore post is up! Took a while but god I love writing. I loved writing that scene and I hope you guys enjoy reading it while also gaining insight into the way the Empire works and actually acts.

TorrentHKU wrote:
This is a bad idea.

How so?

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

I'm going to read all that lore and forget 3/4 of it by my next meal.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:55 am
Profile WWW

Name : Amras Culnámo
Race : Elf
Trait 1 : Blade Dancing
Trait 2 : Conjuration
Appearance : Amras is tall, even for an elf. This combined with a slender build gives him a very sophisticated look. He has long dark hair and always wears upper class clothing as there is no need to hide weapons when you're a decent conjurer. A few long scars adorn his back, from the whipping he received as punishment two dozen years ago. The torturous punishment hasn't left any other permanent damage though as he still moves as graciously as when he was only 50 years old.
Background : Amras grew up in a relatively stable home with an easy childhood. But he soon discovered that he had a knack for Conjuraction, which got him into trouble every time he went outside. Robbing stores by replacing the stolen object with one he conjured was something he did for fun, not because he needed to. At age 40 his father started training him how to fight with blades, the noble family tradition. Amras could never get used to fighting with bows, he never had the patience to line up the perfect shot. Instead choosing to throw whatever weapon he had at hand.
By the time he turned 60 he had become one of his town's most proficient fighters, dancing around and lashing out at the enemy with weapons that appeared out of thin air. Seeing him fight was a sight to behold. However for Amras his town was not enough, he set out into the world, out of the relative safety of the woods.
At first meddling in some Dwarven affairs as a sword for hire and a thief, but the short people never satisfied his need for adventure. A boat to land under control of the merchants was his next step in life. Having reached the age of 70 without any hard labour didn't pay off as he had to work as hard as any other on the ship. The inevitable ensued as the noble, and stubborn, Elf got into a fight with some of the crew. He was whipped for his crimes and dropped of at the nearest port.
Now roaming the land almost pennyless and without a home he tried his luck as a "political consultant". This turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to him, his expertise as a conjurer getting him past any reinforced position as a civilian, only to stab whoever he was paid to in the back. Over the next twenty years in build up a reputation as one of the most feared assassins to have ever lived.

Last edited by maart3n on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:09 am

I suppose i can take the last spot then

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:38 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Right guys, might be some more races coming in a day or two. Wednesday and Thursday are my game days with my bro, so more content probably on Friday with a start on the following Monday.

EDIT : Offendo asked for dwarf age guidelines. Keep in mind dwarves age roughly half as quickly as a human so they can typically live to 160 years of age. Elves are triple that of a human.

EDIT x2 : New race added - The Wraith. Seeping in from a strange immaterial plane, they have been able to enter this realm thanks to damage done to the barrier when Emperor Alexander detonated his soul. Intended for those who want a strange playstyle, they are unable to use items but instead gain power by feeding on certain circumstances and will unlock abilities relating to their type while also growing in size.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

Dammit. I'm slow these days.

Waiting list?

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

CrazyMLC wrote:
Dammit. I'm slow these days.

Waiting list?

The thread is basically paused till after Christmas, most likely gonna start in January now.

If a reserved player doesn't get their character created by the start date of the game, though, you'll be able to take their spot.

EDIT : Not gonna add anymore races incase anyone was wondering.

EDIT EDIT : Map is up and in the first post!

Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
Each race and faction has a few traits for you to pick from. You can only have one of these traits, one from your race and one from your nation. Choose wisely, since you won't be able to change them.

Quote:
Can be combined with Sharpshooter to take out several weak spots simultaneously.

How exactly does this work caek?

Also, elves do not have race perks, is this intended?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

maart3n wrote:
Quote:
Each race and faction has a few traits for you to pick from. You can only have one of these traits, one from your race and one from your nation. Choose wisely, since you won't be able to change them.

Quote:
Can be combined with Sharpshooter to take out several weak spots simultaneously.

How exactly does this work caek?

Also, elves do not have race perks, is this intended?

The sharpshooter combined trait thing is a leftover from an older version of the RtD, I'll be fixing that shortly.

As for Elves and Wraiths not having two traits, gonna fix that since that causes a balance issue.

EDIT : Elves and Wraiths updated, they've got more traits now to fix any issues.

Also, I really do hope someone makes a Canisean since I have special events and stuff planned for them, as well as things for the Terrisian True Prayer ability.

EDIT EDIT : Alright everyone. If your characters aren't in by the 8th of January, I'll be swapping you for anyone on the waiting list. That should be more than enough time to create and finalize a character.

EDIT x3 : Just to clarify, abilities that can only be used once per fight or once every number of turns are overridden by multiple action abilities. For instance, Adrenaline Overdrive + Death Sentence will allow you to instantly kill three regular mobs, but it'll then be on cooldown for the rest of the fight.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next