View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Fantasy 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Fantasy
"Very well herald, that was a surprisingly effective tactic."
Conjure a short spear like weapon for indoor use.
"Let's finish this before they figure out what happened to their prison guards."

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:58 pm

>Attempt to replicate the same shield-overcharging feat as before with a strong bolt of rift energy rather than sound pressure. Target the shieldwall structure.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:21 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Just remembered, Keb has leveled to Observer II and Orange has got Channeling II.

I'll edit the post soon, busy right now.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:32 am
Profile WWW

POWER OVERWHELMING

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 am

Look through the main pile of weapons, fixing any broken or damaged ones. Look mainly for any axe that is better than my current one. If I do find one better than the Good Steel Axe, give the Good Steel one over to Amboss (if it does upgrade him).

"Alright, let's see what we have here."

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:05 am

> Shield and mace, get ready to leave the prison room following behind the teleporters and attack whatever they aren't attacking.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:56 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Set aside Amelia (CC48), no one has their weapons.

Cake, how are the magical shields?

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Phew.
Now where the hell is my Snapper.
Pubber, up and at em, we're going to find yer brother!"
> Take mask from cultist in the floor. Use Pubber if I have to.

Plubber walks towards the mask on the ground and kneels down to take a look at it. IT seems that the teleportation merged the mask into the stone floor. It tries hard to pull the mask out of the floor, but it proves very difficult without a good grip. The golem pauses for a moment to think.

Then it shoves it's fingers through the eye socket with a popping sound as it displaces the eyeballs, grips the front of the skull and pulls. It stands on the same brick, to avoid it being pulled out of the ground. The air is filled with the smell of blood and squishing as it pulls hard one last time. The head and the edge of the mask finally yield, the golem ripping the face off the immersed head and breaking the very edges of the mask, snapping it off from the stone floor. It turns to face you and smiles, passing you the mask as the face flops out onto the floor.

Offendo wrote:
Look through the main pile of weapons, fixing any broken or damaged ones. Look mainly for any axe that is better than my current one. If I do find one better than the Good Steel Axe, give the Good Steel one over to Amboss (if it does upgrade him).

The shield is up, so you can't reach the items. You also don't see any in there that weren't with the party before you got here.

Foa wrote:

The rune shields ripple and bubble across the floor, a single rune in the centre underneath the pile. As with any kind of rune magic, it's a one way shield and a weak one at that, intended to stop people entering it by burning them, not by being a solid wall like the one that had entrapped Bitter Pill. Rune magic is harder to channel thanks to it's physical form, similar to how insanely hard it would be to overwhelm the willpower of a Golem. If someone destabilized the shield with a strong blow, you might be able to get around it's defenses and try and channel the shield.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Tha
That.
That'll be all Pubber."

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

You blink at the scream, and feel a bit wistful after channeling that light. Hm..
" I could use some help here with the Shields, Observer. "
You sincerely hope the thing is listening, otherwise you are probably going to have to stick your hands into the shield while channeling to have any affect.

" Shade? What happened to Flame? "
> Well, with or without the Wraith's intervention, you are going to have to channel the shields to help the more corporeal teammates get their gear, and through the door.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:38 am

caekdaemon wrote:
Offendo wrote:

The shield is up, so you can't reach the items. You also don't see any in there that weren't with the party before you got here.

Foa wrote:

The rune shields ripple and bubble across the floor, a single rune in the centre underneath the pile. As with any kind of rune magic, it's a one way shield and a weak one at that, intended to stop people entering it by burning them, not by being a solid wall like the one that had entrapped Bitter Pill. Rune magic is harder to channel thanks to it's physical form, similar to how insanely hard it would be to overwhelm the willpower of a Golem. If someone destabilized the shield with a strong blow, you might be able to get around it's defenses and try and channel the shield.

the Roll wrote:
The Wraith brings down it's prison shield with what looks to be some kind of electrical storm and the Paladin smashes her way through the door with a Mace. All in all, things look like they are going really, really well. You run over to the pile of shielded weapons.

There's got to be a way in there. You generate a decoy and see if he can't reach inside. He forces his hand through the shield even though you can hear the crackling as it burns away the decoy's arm. It grabs the shield rune and hurls it towards the wall before disintegrating, the damage too much. But the main pile of weapons is reachable for all!

I sense conflict.
The only functional shield should now be the one way prison wall.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Quote:
it was all a dream: ...what would happen if you attempted to channel Bitter? need to ask caek about this

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:14 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
I sense conflict.
The only functional shield should now be the one way prison wall.

Whoops.

The roll takes precedence over the in between events, so the shield for the weapon pile is down.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Right, thread is going to sleep for a little while. I've got a lot of stuff to do in real life and a lot of my writing time is being consumed by others things.

So, nap time for Fantasy. I'll wake it back up when my time is freed up some more.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

;A;

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next