View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Fantasy 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Fantasy
Have an update on the status of the vote.

Maart3n - Alaris
Kebbit - Alaris
TorrentHKU - Booze Alaris
CaveCricket48 - Alaris
Offendo - ????
Foa - Alaris

Offendo! Vote please. Even though it's merely a formality at this point you still need to vote! So yeah.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:43 am
Profile WWW

"I've a feelin Alaris is leadin us to doom. But whatever the other bloke is leading us to is worse..."

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:03 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

DM NOTE : I'm a good 99.98% certain that Offendo has voted for Alaris. You can't abstain from this vote, friend.

Proceeding.

Alaris looks down at the party with pride thanks to the final and unanimous agreement. All six feel as CM retreats from their minds. The voice says, You have made your choice. So be it.

DM Note : I'm building my own soundtrack for this thing. While I'm not doing any music making, consider this to be the (sort of) soundtrack to this RtD. Because hey, why not? It captures the mood well, I think.

Alaris takes the Orb of Entropy and destroys it, compressing it beneath his claws till it is no more and blinks from existence. Ben looks at the entire party warily and says, "You're really going to back him up? After all his Herald has done? I considered you friends at first, it appears I was mistaken." as he storms out the gate. He disappears off into the distance, wandering east alone with only the equipment on his back and he beloved warhammer. Alaris reverts to his human form and takes off his helmet, holding it in his hand before attaching it to his belt. Now you notice that . His hair is long and black, his eyes both having a red iris, but otherwise being normal. He closes with the party, his huge armour making for a truly imposing figure. Physically, he looks to be nearly seven feet tall with a build to match. He smiles and says, "You are my newest Heralds, now. Each of my Heralds has one of three different powers, an imbuement of my own strength. That is how I'll shield you from CM. As for who he is, I'll tell you whenever you visit Capital."

"The three powers are different in both function and use. The first is the support of my physical strength. I can grant you the ability to wield both a two handed weapon and a shield. Of course, the weight of the equipment will slow you down and it may take some getting used to, you'll eventually be able to wield a full tower shield and a greatsword with no problems."

"Secondly, you can be teleported. While teleporting is nigh-impossible for a normal person, I can instead wrap my protective power around you and teleport you. Of course, you will still be fatigued rather than being struck down by the energies. As you can tell, Isariaz has teleportation. Need I explain the tactical advantage?"

"Finally, I can apply my own ability to project myself to other locations. I never showed you this ability but it is what earnt me the title of being called the Dragon with a Thousand Wings. While for you they won't actually be capable of combat, they will still make excellent decoys. As you get more used to the strain of having a decoy, you can have more."

For a brief moment, day turns to night as fifty copies of Alaris appear in the sky. Alaris gets rid of them and sunlight is restored. "That should properly demonstrate that power. But remember, I'm the actual source of these powers. If something was to interfere in our connection, then you may lose them till the magical connection is restored."

He turns to face the Wraith, next. "You wouldn't be able to properly use most of those abilities. I'll make sure to find some knowledge actually worth you learning when I return to Capital."

"Speaking of Capital, I shall take you there, once you complete a mission for me. I'm sure you heard of the probability cultists in the area? They've got something valuable. More valuable than you can imagine and they don't even realize it."

DM NOTE : By the way, lore post about Alaris is in the second if you don't know. I still advise reading the thing.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Teleportation.
Ey. Paladin Miss. Ye should probably go talk to the one with the warhammer. It doen' behove us to have him hate us."

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:37 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

" What else can multi-location do for a person? "

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Foa wrote:
" What else can multi-location do for a person? "

"You can use them as scouts or send them off to do other things, like buy something from a shop. They can carry items, yes, but yours won't be useful in a fight. As a scout, you'll need yours to tell you what they see."

"I'll give you all your power once you've all decided."

Latest version of the map. Spriting Alaris is hard, especially to get the direction of the horns on the armour right. They are meant to be going backwards, away from the front of the chest. Also, his hair has a gradient, something I'm testing to see if it makes people's hair look better.

Also, Foa, spriting the wings for Orange took a dark turn somewhere. I don't even know how to do those things from a top down perspective. I tried but there is only so much I can do. I tried to get Alaris to his correct size but he's actually a little smaller than he should be. I can't draw bigger than that without making him look horrifically deformed and I've already got enough horrors in this universe as is :p

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

" They will get better with time, I'm sure. It's decided. "

Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:26 am

"Aye, it'll be the clonin' power for me."

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:23 pm

"Understood, Lord Elemental."
"I am eager to draw on these information resources."

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:09 am

"Physical strength support sounds like it'd suit me best."

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:28 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Alright guys, no update this week. I'm going to take the time to plan this RtD since it's substantially away from my originally planned concepts.

This way, I should be able to put the thread back onto the planned plot. We're *quite* a bit off course, but with some work I should be able to fix it.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

Caek tells me "L + D = T" is a crucial concept.

I don't know what to make of this at all.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
Caek tells me "L + D = T" is a crucial concept.

And there might be a prize.

Or it could be a red herring.

None shall know.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:29 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Life + Death = something
Probably Time, probably whatever their daughter is.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:39 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Foa wrote:
Life + Death = something
Probably Time, probably whatever their daughter is.

Perhaps.

Perhaps not.

I'm well on track with the plot map. Got a third of it done in total.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next