View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Fantasy 

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Fantasy
>Produce an unsettling low whine and float over to the chest, either attempting to unlock its contents myself or pointedly transforming into a metal hook.

Last edited by TheKebbit on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:13 am
Loose Canon

"The bloody hell is this?!"

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 am
Profile WWW

> Stay on guard, investigate the note.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Take the note~

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:25 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

CaveCricket48 wrote:
>... investigate the note.

Foa wrote:
> Take the note~

You both go over to the note on the front of the chest. It was nailed to the front of the chest and sealed shut with an unmarked wax seal.

It's written in a language that Amelia recognizes, so she reads the note. It reads,

Greetings friends,

I apologise for not being able to meet you in person, but know that I have selected each and every one of you for the path that lies ahead. There will be hard trials and regrettably some of you might not make it to the end of our journey. But know that I have the greatest faith in you, that you will fulfill my expectations. I wish to be there with you, helping you complete these tasks but again, that is unfortunately not meant to be. I am too busy right now, but perhaps we will meet later.

In the mean time however, this chest contains what equipment I could have moved without any questions asked. There should be enough weaponry for all of you, with a book for our mutual Wraith friend. The key will be in front of the safe. Inside the chest is the directions to the nearest town from here where you should be able to begin your journey and practice your skills.

I wish it didn't come to this, but it has. I'll try to send a message as soon as possible, but otherwise you are on your own.

I'll see you soon hopefully,
CM.

Past the message is a list of the contents of the chest.

1 sword,
1 dagger,
1 book, titled "Energetic Physics",
2 axes, dwarven size.
1 bag of javelins,
1 bag of Mana Potions,
3 bags of Health Potions,
1 Weapons maintenance kit,
5 Leather Armour - Torso, some in dwarven size,
1 mapping kit.
1 note with directions.

With a small piece of writing below.

Divide them as you see fit - CM.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:57 am
Profile WWW

Carefully introduce myself to the others and give the book to the wraith.
Take whatever is left from the box when the others have taken their things.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Well, it seems we are a preordained group.." [Hand the Note Around]
> The Mapping Kit, a Set of Leather Armor, and the Javelins seem to be Uncontested; put a negotiable claim on them.

[Towards the Wraith/Globule Dudely] "Curious, well, I'm pretty interested in that book, if you don't mind sharing. I'm a caster of Sorts"

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:40 pm

> Take the sword, a leather armour, 1 bag of health potions, and the note with directions.

"I will lead the way if none of you mind. If this is a trap, I will be the first target the enemy sees."

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:27 pm
Loose Canon

"Fantastic. Kidnapped by some mysterious person, given little equipment, thrown into somethin nasty that has nothin to do with us."
> Take Dorf sized armor and a Dorf war axe.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

[To Amelia] "I don't mind, I can scribe a map~", and proceed to follow her lead. And in following, starting to eke out a small map of what we can see.
> And yes, Channel the Ink, because reasons.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm

>Dull hum. Absorb as much information from the book as possible in my current state before passing it on to Orange. If possible, focus exclusively on whatever information is present on sound waveforms and pressure.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:23 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The map kit is just an in universe explanation as to how the map works. Consider it a party item :p

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 am
Profile WWW

SORRY ABOUT THAT, that was my reply from way before that apparently my phone didn't want to upload. Here is the current action. (disregard old one)

Take some Dwarven armour if any is left. Take the book after others are done, look for any hidden messages or any useful information in the text. If nobody else has taken, take the weapon's maintenance kit since you are probably the most affluent at repair.

edit 2: i'll just delete the old action... :/

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

All actions in? ✓

Therefore, roll.

Since there have been no objections to sprites, let us proceed!

Maart3n/Amras Culnámo
[5] At first, you stand back and summon a blade behind you back. Watching and observing the group to see their reaction. A rather angry and large dwarf or a small human yells. "The bloody hell is this?!". You let the blade timeout after the the woman reads the note and opens the chest, hearing one of them say, "Well, it seems we are a preordained group...". You come up to the chest and grab a book, passing it to the Wraith which quickly pulls the book inside and hums as it rapidly devours the knowledge contained within. After it stopped humming, one of the women in the party steps up the wraith and speaks. "Curious, well, I'm pretty interested in that book, if you don't mind sharing. I'm a caster of Sorts.". It pushes the book from it's body and it falls straight into her hands. You stay back as the others take things from the chest, intending to grab some things and introduce yourself when they are done. You continue listening. You are sure you heard an angry dwarf speaking at the same time as the human women.

Race : Elf
Factions
Sikhari Elves,
Inventory
Clothes - Equipped.
Traits
Blade Dancing I - Ignore an enemy's shield when attacking. This ability is toggled on and off. Excessive use in long bursts can result in fatigue. With time, you'll get used to the excessive demands required of it and the fatigue penalty will lessen.
Conjuration Magic I - You can summon an assortment of items. They'll remain stable for thirty or so seconds. They aren't very powerful, but with practice Conjuration will increase in strength.
Abilities
Summon Weapon I - You can summon a weapon at any time you need. They won't be too deadly, but they'll get the job done. They'll last thirty or so seconds.
Summon Armour I - If needed, you can summon weak armour which'll last only a short time. Still, it will help if you are about to be attacked.
Summon NPC I - Sometimes you just need a distraction. You can conjure a weak creature to fight at your side for a short time.
Stats
Health : Good

Kebbit/Bitter Pill the Observing
[3] You produce a low whine, a sort of mechanical grinding, as you drift over towards the strange wood-metal container. One of the humans steps forward and reads out a note. You absorb the knowledge imparted by her reading, a quiet hum droning from your form as you do so. One of others, a physical tall and thin, picks up the book within and pushes it into you. You pull the book into your depths and devour it's knowledge.

Yes. Energy. Energy is everywhere, but in different forms. Energy can't be lost, but merely travels from one form to the next. The book mentions a fire. Is the fire truly destroyed when it burns out, or does it's energy go on into the heat?

This is a question that must be learnt. But the other knowledge in the book proves useful. Sound too is merely another form of energy to be controlled and utilized. Sound isn't just a series of high or low notes, sound is vibrations in the air, like the wind but more complex. These physicals around you speak, creating vibrations in the air with the flapping of their meat. You understand now. It's a form of communication. A physical approaches you and "speaks".

"Curious, well, I'm pretty interested in that book, if you don't mind sharing. I'm a caster of Sorts."

It extends it's appendages. You push the book from your body, letting it fall straight onto it's appendage. It retracts it's appendages with the book in them, opening them and looking at the book's pages.

Sound knowledge upgraded to Sound II
Energy knowledge upgraded to Energy I

Race : Wraith
Factions
Observers,
Knowledge
Sound II - The knowledge of what sound is. At Sound II, you are now capable of rough communication. You are no poet, but you can talk and understand what the others are trying to say if they speak simply.
Energy I - The entire world is comprised of energy. Some theorize even matter is energy. By tapping into the non-corporeal plane, you have infinite energy at your beck and call. You simply have to bring it into existence by using your body as a mobile fissure. For now, you can simply project small bolts of power.
Traits
Observer I - You are an Observer, a Wraith in the physical plane. You are noncorporeal and lack a physical form in the traditional sense. But you can still be harmed. You gain power and size by learning of new things. Explore the world, read books and more to gain more power. You can create the things you learn, but some things can only be learned by a greater Observer.
Form Shifting I - Whereas conjurers create items, you become them. Your power is not increased by the transition, it is just represented differently. You can hold the shifted form indefinitely, but the quality of your transition will increase as you gain power, as well as by practice.
Abilities
Become Weapon I - If desired, you can become a weapon that other people can use. At your current strength, you are quite weak but it would still be better than fighting bare handed. As your size and skill increases, so will the power of your weapon form.
Become Armour I - When you become armour, the armour is truly alive. Do not fear, though, if the armour is struck you won't take damage, instead, the stability of your armour form will decrease. For now, your armour is weak, but you can cover the entire body of a person by spreading out.
Formshift I - Whenever you want, you can turn into anything you have learnt. The power of that form is linked to your own power. Only with practice and growth will you become truly great.
Observer Projection I - Once you have learnt something, you can create it as needed. For now, the quantity is small and the quality poor...But time improves all things.
Observer Mindbreak I - By forcing yourself onto the senses of a sentient being, you can show them flashes of the true forms of things you have learnt. As you learn more things, your ability to break minds will only improve.
Stats
Integrity - Good

TorrentHKU/Amboss Symphonian
[5] "The bloody hell is this?!" you yell as you look around. Not only have you been transported to some god forsaken forest somewhere you can't find your damn golem!

You sigh. Loudly. You hear a woman say, "Well, it seems we are a preordained group..", You watch as the one human woman fumbles with the lock to the chest and then as an Elf passes a book to the flying ball of nothingness that is the sixth member of the party. You walk over to the chest and grab an axe and some dwarven armour. It barely fits your bulk, but it works. The axe has a long scratch down the length of the blade, a sign that it has seen a battle. You turn to the others and speak as you put your new armour on. You mumble angrily, "Fantastic. Kidnapped by some mysterious person, given little equipment, thrown into somethin' nasty that has nothin' to do with us." You turn and see one of the women speaking to the Wraith. "Curious, well, I'm pretty interested in that book, if you don't mind sharing. I'm a caster of Sorts.". After looking at her for a few seconds it pops the book out into her hands.

Race : Dwarf
Factions
The Deeplands,
Inventory
Clothes, - Equipped
Axe - Equipped. 6 to 8 damage.
Leather Armour - Equipped. Blocks 4 to 6 damage.
Golems
Lead Golem I - Status : Intact, Quality : Average, Attack power - 6 to 12.
Traits
Affinity for Machinery I - All dwarves have the ability to glance at a machine and guess how it works. But some are more gifted at it than others. Your natural affinity for machinery means that you can dismantle and recreate objects that you have seen. Of course, practice makes perfect and this is no exception.
Golemworks I - Creating a golem, a living machine, is a difficult task. Only few are capable, and fewer still are truly great at it. For now, you can produce simple cast-metal golems. But the more you create, the better they'll get!
Abilities
Create Golem I - With the proper resources at hand as well as the proper tools and with your expertise, you can create a golem. All you need is the materials and a half decent forge. Still, they are quite crude. For now, anyway.
Create/Dismantle machine I - When glancing at an object, it can be quite clear how that object came into existence. A few screw holes here, a weld there all tell the story of how an object came to be. It also says how an object can be taken apart. As you practice dismantling objects, you'll get more usable parts from the dismantled ones and the created ones will be better.
Stats
Health : Good,

CaveCricket48/Paladin Amelia Oaks
[1] You and the other woman approach the chest, but you do so with the utmost caution, keeping your eyes peeled for any sign of a trap. After reading the note aloud, however, you grab the key and fumble with it and the lock for a moment as you open it. The other woman who also stepped forward to the chest, speaks. "Well, it seems we are a preordained group...". Inside is exactly what the list said. You reach in and take the sword, an average piece of iron crafting. Still, it'll suffice for now.

The leather armour seems pretty decently tailored. A starting piece of equipment for a wannabe adventurer, that is to be certain. Still, some armour was better than none. You finally take a bag of potions. Inside the bag are three health potions. They seem to be in date at a glance, so they seem good. Wrapping the bag around your leather armour and having it on your bag, with the sword at your waist you step forward to the edge of the clearing and wait for the others as you read the note with the directions. You look back and see the other woman talking to the Wraith. "Curious, well, I'm pretty interested in that book, if you don't mind sharing. I'm a caster of Sorts." The Wraith responds by giving her the book, pushing it out from it's core. Still, you think you heard one of the dwarves mumbling.

Race : Human
Factions
The Kingdom of Terris,
The Order of Paladins,
Inventory
Clothes - Equipped
Paladin Surcoat - Equipped.
Leather Armour - Equipped, blocks 4 to 6 damage.
Sword - Equipped, 4 to 10 damage.
Bag of Health Potions - 3 in the bag. Each potion reduces damage status by four.
Traits
Robust I - Humans are famed across the world for their sheer survivability. Blows that would stop other species dead in their tracks will in most cases only cripple a human. All damage taken is down by one, in addition to above average injury healing and partial immunity to instant kill attacks. To improve this trait, you must train your body by being hurt.
Holy Reading I - The Order of the Paladin's has always taught the ancient art of Holy Reading, the ability to see into other people's thoughts so as to find out the truth behind their words. For those without practice, however, the thoughts can be clouded and in some cases, they can resist the reading altogether.
Abilities
Holy Reading I - Some may question the offensive usage of Holy Reading. After all, how is reading a person's mind useful in a fight? The answer is that it allows you to know what their next action will be before they do it. An early warning you can pass onto your team mates, for instance.

Offendo/Ashurbanipal III
[2] You step forward to the chest after the others have taken their things. You take an axe, so you have something to fight with if the worst comes to happen. Then you pick up some leather armour. It's a bit loose, but you have to take the cards you're dealt. Still, it's armour, and loose armour is better than no armour. Finally, you pick up the weapons maintenance kit and look through the tools. There are an assortment of stones, clothes and a few little jugs of oils for cleaning the blades, aswell as a dozen small tools. You think that if the weapons of the party got damaged you should be able to repair them. You zone out after staring at the axe. There is a chip in the axe head. Who the hell puts a chipped axe in a box of supplies?

Race : Dwarf
Factions
Glinrock Mountain
Inventory
Clothes - Equipped
Glasses - Equipped
Axe - equipped, 6 to 8 damage
Leather armor - blocks 4 to 6 damage
Weapons Maintenance Kit - Allows you to repair weapons.
Traits
Affinity for Machinery I - All dwarves have the ability to glance at a machine and guess how it works. But some are more gifted at it than others. Your natural affinity for machinery means that you can dismantle and recreate objects that you have seen. Of course, practice makes perfect and this is no exception.
Smithing Excellence I - You have started on the long path of excellence that is metal working. You can already craft Common gear like a professional and never have to worry about a Poor piece of work. Indeed, you can create strong weapons and armour with suitable material, as well as repairing anything Uncommon or below!
Abilities
Create/Dismantle machine I - When glancing at an object, it can be quite clear how that object came into existence. A few screw holes here, a weld there all tell the story of how an object came to be. It also says how an object can be taken apart. As you practice dismantling objects, you'll get more usable parts from the dismantled ones and the created ones will be better.
Repair item I - With time, things break or wear down. Swords aren't as sharp as they used to be, armor plates become loose or other problems. With some care, it is possible to repair items in the field with simple tools. In the case of a Poor item, it is upgraded back to Normal quality. Other items when repaired will stop any quality decay.
Create Item I - The functional side of Smithing Excellence allows you to create an item if you have the materials and the tools available. As with all other things, practice makes perfect and with time you'll be able to produce truly legendary weapons and armour.
Stats
Health : Good,

Foa/Orange the Deftdancer
[4] You step forward to the chest as the human woman does and you listen as she reads the note. "Well, it seems we are a preordained group.." Looking inside the chest, you take a few of the items. The mapping kit looks like it would be useful, after all who doesn't use maps? It comes with a few maps and an empty journal with a pen. Then you take some of the leather armour. It's a decent fit, but is otherwise good. Though it's pretty thin, it should still turn away a poor weapon. Finally, you take bag of javelins. There are twelve in there, but they are sharp and deadly, with strong shafts. The Wraith next to you hums as it reads the book that the Elf passed it. You turn to it after it stops humming and ask, "Curious, well, I'm pretty interested in that book, if you don't mind sharing. I'm a caster of Sorts." The Wraith stops still for a few seconds and you get the strange feeling you are being watched. You put your hands out and the book falls into your hands. The book feels ice cold to the touch, as if it was from the Arctic, but flicking through the page you find it to be a simple science book.

You do, however, try and channel the ink on the glossary page. The ink bubbles and slides off the page and onto the floor where it spells out the word it was on the page before collapsing into a blotch of ink.

How odd.

Race : Axin
Factions
Skaxin
Inventory
Clothes - Equipped,
Leather Armour - Equipped, blocks damage 4 to 6,
12 Javelins - Equipped, damage is 1 to 12 when thrown. 2 to 6 when in melee.
Traits
Mage Caste I - The caste system of the Axin is a key defining feature of their society, and you are a member of the Mage Caste. You have the natural ability to channel magical energies freely. Where as the Warriors and Hunters might be bigger, you are small, but with the ability to cast spells, just as deadly. The Mage caste tend to have small bodies and be lightly armoured, but are well suited to fighting from the rear of the party. The caste system cripples any physical development past the constraints of your caste, but each caste member comes fairly well developed. No one knows how a caste member develops... Except you, a member of that caste.
Channeling I - Whereas the other magical races create new energies, you use what is already there. At the roots of it all, every object is slightly magical. By channeling the existing magic power of an object, you can wield their power to smite your foes. For example, a humble torch on the wall of a castle is magical, but only very faintly. With it's power channeled, it can become a roaring blaze to turn your adversaries to ashes. Practice this ability well and be prepared for changing situations.
Pacts I - Be cautious, for the Pacts are truly dangerous. No one knows how the Axin learnt of them, but a few whisper of demonic sorcery and blood magic. You have the unique ability of creating one of these pacts and reaping the rewards. But remember, each pact comes with a price. Pacts are passive buffs. Accepting the pact means accepting the potential consequences of your actions. The pacts are a ladder, but how deep does the ladder go? All pacts are permanent - once you seal a deal you can not back out.
Acrobatic I - Describing an Axin as acrobatic is something of a mistake, but it's the only word we have in our language for the physical feats that a Axin is capable of. At this level, you can walk on walls and stay on them. Ceilings however, are just out of your reach. You can sprint at a high speed for a long time and can climb steep cliffs.
Abilities
Channeling I - You can take the inherent magical power of the land around you and coerce it into doing your bidding. Simply put, you can get the world to do your bidding. But at this point, it will only do a little of what you ask. You must practice and grow to be able to force the world to heed your commands.
Form Toggle - You can switch in and out of your humanoid form at any time you want. There is no cool down or other things associated with this ability.
Pacts
Pact of Blood - By sealing this pact, you gain the ability to take the life force of an enemy and redirect it to your team-mates or yourself whenever you deal damage. The price for this isn't inflicted on you, but on the people you harm who forever lose a part of themselves for all eternity.
Pact of Steel - If you seal this pact, you can with but a touch warp the items of those around you, or direct the curse from a distance. These items are a dark mirror of their normal version. Who knows what might happen when used? Those who wield this dark equipment will themselves start to warp with time, for good or ill.
Stats
Health - Good,

Game Events

Amras steps forward to the chest and takes the two bags of health potions, the mana potions, the dagger and a suit of leather armour. They will have them in their inventory on the next turn.

Amelia speaks up after the others have finished getting their equipment. "I will lead the way if none of you mind. If this is a trap, I will be the first target the enemy sees." "I don't mind, I can scribe a map~" says Orange, a smile on her face.

The party makes quick progress travelling through the clearing and after Orange looks around, she guesses that the party is in fact in the forests to the west of Pisum. Though the directions seem to be taking the party in a different direction.

Even Amboss's lost golem is found a dozen metres from the clearing where they set off from. The party takes the left on a break in the road, heading deeper into the forest as the directions say, with the road becoming wider and the edge of it covered in bushes, growing in the light away from the darkness of the forest tops. The road is long and - *snap*

What was that sound? An arrow flies past Amras, lost in the woods. A male voice calls out from the woods. "Travellers! Kill em and take their coin! We need it to get out of this shithole!" A few other voices cheer in acknowledgement, at least four in total. Looking around, there are three in leather and a fourth in the front with studded leather armour. Looks to be two archers, one to the north and one behind the party, the other two, including the one with studded armour, are both wielding melee weapons. The studded armour guy, however, seems to be in charge and with a damn two handed sword.

Game Map

And that's the roll.

On reflection, probably a bad idea to do start doing it at 1:00 and then finishing at half five in the morning. Still, roll complete!

Every player has ten health hitpoints representing your health status.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:26 am
Profile WWW

> With Holy Reading, mind-read the greatsword guy and figure out what pisses him off the most. Use this knowledge to taunt him.

In other words, AGGRO

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next