View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Betrayal at House on the Hill 

Post Re: Betrayal at House on the Hill
Oh okay, shouldn't I give you the spear too then?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Sure. The faster we kill these bastards the better.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:09 pm
happy carebear mom

Just a reminder, the spear doesn't help for defense, only attack.
Also, you can only kill your own doppelganger with the orb, unless someone has already died. Doppelgangers that do not have a matching hero anymore can also be killed by the orb holder. The special attack rules, as a reminder:
The Haunt wrote:
Special Attack Rules
  • If you don't possess the Crystal Ball when you attack or defend against your Evil Twin, you lose 1 additional point in each of your traits, regardless of who defeats whom. If your Evil Twin defeats you, you also take damage normally. If you defeat your Evil Twin, you stun it as normal. If you fight someone else's Evil Twin, you do not lose the additional point.
  • If you possess the Crystal Ball, you kill your Evil Twin if you defeat it.
  • If you defeat another hero's Evil Twin, you stun it unless you possess the Crystal Ball and that hero is dead. In that case, you kill the Evil Twin when you defeat it.
  • The Crystal Ball holder can attack stunned Evil Twins. A stunned monster defends itself with its regular number of dice but inflicts no damage if it rolls higher than the attacker.
  • You may take the Crystal Ball from another hero in the same room on your turn if the hero is willing to let you have it.

EDIT: I should mention that you should all take the time to really read and understand the specifics of the haunt. It seems a lot of confusion is coming from having breezed through it. It tells you exactly what you need to know about how to defeat the doppelgangers and you can better formulate a strategy amongst yourselves with the knowledge.

EDIT2: When planning make sure to take into account that there is a turn order. If caek wants to grab the spear or crystal ball from maart, he'd have to travel into the room maart is and grab them from him because maart goes last in turn order. At the time of caek's action, maart is still standing in the Furnace Room, unmoving. I clarified this a bit in the OP.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hey maarten, how about we stun each other's doppelgangers, and finish them both off

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 am
Profile WWW

sounds like a plan, although there is a decent chance your doppelganger actually hurts me instead.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:07 am

Okay, turn order is important.

New plan that I've confirmed is possible with duh.

Caek will move 1 down, 1 left, take the spear and orb from maart, move 1 right, and attack maart's doppleganger.

I move 1 down, take the spear and orb from caek, and attack the same doppleganger.

maart will then move 1 right, take the spear and orb from me, and attack his doppleganger again. After, he will hand the orb and spear to caek, since caek will be first in the next roll.

And we all need to specify that we are willing to let the stated players take stuff from us (caek lets me take from him, I let maart take from me).

PLAN GO

> Move 1 down, take orb and spear from caek, attack maart's doppleganger, allow maart to take orb and spear from me.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:21 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

where do i factor in the plan since im right next to you guys and am currently having my ♥♥♥♥ kicked in by my doppelganger

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 pm
Profile WWW

New plan:

Caek will move 1 down, 1 left, take the spear and orb from maart, move 1 right, and attack maart's doppleganger.

I move 1 down, take the spear and orb from caek, and attack the same doppleganger.

Miggles will move 1 up, take the orb and spear from me, move 1 down, attack his dopplgangere, and then move one up and wait.

maart will then move 1 right, take the spear and orb from Miggles, and attack his doppleganger. After, he will hand the orb and spear to caek, since caek will be first in the next roll.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

sounds like a plan
> follow that plan

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 pm
Profile WWW

Allow caek to take items. Move right, take both items, kill my doppelganger.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:55 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I sure hope you know what you are doing, Zoe."

Follow CC's plan to the letter.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:28 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Turn Order
caekdaemon, Cavecricket48, Amazigh, Miggles, maart3n

Events
caekdaemon/Vivan Lopez hears Zoe's plan and puts her part of it in action. Speeding out of the Basement Landing and through the Servants' Quarters, nimbly dodging past Heather's doppelganger. Stopping briefly in the Furnace Room, she explains the situation to Heather and takes the Crystal Ball and Spear from her, then runs back into the Servants' Quarters (D3, C3, D3), where she charges Heather's doppelganger.
Attack, 4d3-4: 2,2,1,1 (-4); 2
Defense, 3d3-3: 2,3,2 (-3); 4
Heather's doppelganger easily rebuffs the attack, striking Vivian to the ground and dealing 2 physical damage.

CaveCricket48/Zoe Ingstrom strides purposefully into the Servants' Quarters (D3) and takes the Spear and Crystal Ball from Vivian on the ground. Turning to Heather's doppelganger, she charges.
Attack, 5d3-5: 3,2,3,2,3 (-5); 8
Defense, 3d3-3: 3,3,3 (-3); 6
Zoe deals the doppelganger a heavy blow, tearing into its skin. The wound heals immediately, but the doppelganger remains stunned for the time being.

CrazyMLC/Peter Akimoto continues running and bumbles his way into the Ballroom (F0), where an event happens.
Possession: A shadow separates from the wall. As you stand in shock, the shadow surrounds you and chills you to the core. You must choose any one trait and attempt a roll for that trait. (autochoice highest: Knowledge)
6d3-6: 2,1,2,1,1,1 (-6); 2
The shadow drains your energy. The chosen trait drops to its lowest value (not to dead).

Amazigh/Fr. Rhinehardt decides to take a gamble and drink from the bottle.
Roll, 3d3-3: 2,1,2 (-3); 2
The black liquid turns out to have been mental poison, and Fr. Rhinehardt can feel his mind losing clarity and focus, losing 2 knowledge and sanity. Clutching his head, Fr. Rhinehardt stumbles past his stunned doppelganger and through the Upper Landing, Library, and through the secret passage into the Chapel (C2, D2, Ground C4).

Miggles/Darrin "Flash" Williams never allocated his damage, so the DM did it for him. Jumping past his doppelganger nimbly, he runs into the Servants' Quarters and grabs the Crystal Ball and Spear and runs back into the Larder to attack his doppelganger.
Attack, 5d3-5: 3,3,1,2,2 (-5); 6
Defense, 3d3-3: 3,1,3 (-3); 4
As soon as the spear, wielded by Flash with the Crystal Ball in the other hand, enters the doppelganger's body, the doppelganger screams and dissolves into a pool of stinking fluid.
Flash's Doppelganger has been destroyed.
Flash sniffs quickly and deserts the room, returning to the Servants' Quarters (D3, D4, D3), where he surrenders the Ball and Spear.

maart3n/Heather Granville emerges from the Furnace Room (D3) covered in soot and coughing but takes control of her part of the plan, grabbing the spear and ball, and attacks her doppelganger.
Attack, 5d3-5: 3,3,3,1,3 (-5); 8
Defense, 3d3-3: 2,3,3 (-3); 5
No sooner does the tip of the spear enter Heather's doppelganger than it explodes, splattering stinking fluid everywhere. Wearily, Heather hands the spear and ball back to Vivian.

Vivian's Doppelganger is too occupied rousing itself from its stupor to do anything.

Zoe's Doppelganger is also attempting to regain consciousness and does nothing.

Peter's Doppelganger runs after Peter, saving itself from tripping this time, passing through the Kitchen, Game Room, and charging Peter in the Ballroom (E1, F1, F0).
Attack, 3d3-3: 1,1,1 (-3); 0
Defense, 3d3-3: 1,1,2 (-3); 1
... Peter and his doppelganger engage in an arms-out slap fight. Peter manages to reach out and smack the doppelganger upside the head, stunning it, but feels the cold touch of the void sapping his life force. Combined with the possession attempt from earlier, Peter feels his mind entirely drained out into the void.
As Peter's eyes roll back into his head, his cooling body collapsing next to his doppelganger, his mind feels the cold expanse of the void unfolding around it, surrounded in a blanket of cold. Suddenly it feels like its being squished, compressed, spaghettified, then... nothing.
Peter has died. Peter's items drop to the ground next to his body.
(MLC, you now control the actions of your doppelganger. PM me instructions or I can just move it in a shortest-distance path to kill the nearest hero, your choice.)

Fr. Rhinehardt's Doppelganger attempts to raise itself off the floor but fails.

Important Bits
Chapel: Once per game, if you end your turn here, gain 1 sanity.
Coal Chute: Direct one-way ticket to the basement. Traveling to the basement using this method does not count as a movement, nor does it stop you from moving.
Furnace Room: If you end your turn here, take 1 point of physical damage.
Graveyard: When attempting to leave this room you must attempt a sanity roll of 4+. If you fail, lose 1 knowledge but continue moving.
Library: Once per game, if you end your turn here, gain 1 knowledge.
Mystic Elevator: Once per turn, roll 2 die and move this room next to any open door on: 4, any floor; 3, Upper; 2, Ground; 1, Basement; 0, Basement then take 1 die of physical damage

House State
Top Floor

Ground Floor

Basement

Current Player Information

Haunt has been revealed! See the post for rules.
  • Blue Doppelganger
    Speed: 4; Might: 2; Sanity: 6; Knowledge: 5;
  • Yellow Doppelganger
    Speed: 4; Might: 3; Sanity: 5; Knowledge: 3;
  • Green Doppelganger (stunned)
    Speed: 4; Might: 3; Sanity: 4; Knowledge: 6;
  • Gray Doppelganger
    Speed: 3; Might: 2; Sanity: 7; Knowledge: 5;

• caekdaemon : Vivan Lopez
    Speed 3_4_4_(4)_4_6_7_8
    Might 2_2_(2)_4_4_5_6_6
    Sanity 4_4_(4)_5_6_7_8_8
    Knowledge 4_5_5_(5)_5_6_6_7
    Items
    Omens
    • Holy Symbol (+2 sanity, -2 sanity on loss)
    • Crystal Ball (Crystal Ball ability, see this post)
    • Spear (+2 might attack dice, max 8 )
    Effects
    • 2 physical damage to allocate
  • CaveCricket48 : Zoe Ingstrom
    Speed 4_4_4_(4)_5_6_8_8
    Might 2_2_3_(3)_4_4_6_7
    Sanity 3_4_(5)_5_6_6_7_8
    Knowledge 1_2_(3)_4_4_5_5_5
    Items
    Omens
    Effects
  • CrazyMLC : Peter Akimoto (dead)
    Speed 3_3_3_(4)_6_6_7_7
    Might 2_3_(3)_4_5_5_6_8
    Sanity 3_4_4_(4)_5_6_6_7
    Knowledge x 3_4_(4)_5_6_7_7_8
    Items
    Omens
    • Book (+2 knowledge, -2 knowledge on loss)
    • Medallion (Immunity to Pentagram Chamber, Crypt, and Graveyard)
    Effects
  • Amazigh : Fr. Rhinehardt
    Speed 2_3_(3)_4_5_6_7_7
    Might 1_2_(2)_4_4_5_5_7
    Sanity 3_4_5_5_(6)_7_7_8
    Knowledge 1_3_3_(4)_5_6_6_8
    Items
    Omens
    Effects
  • Miggles : Darrin "Flash" Williams
    Speed 4_4_4_5_(6)_7_7_8
    Might 2_3_(3)_4_5_6_6_7
    Sanity 1_2_(3)_4_5_5_5_7
    Knowledge 2_3_(3)_4_5_5_5_7
    Items
    • Dynamite (see post for effects)
    Omens
    Effects
  • maart3n : Heather Granville
    Speed 3_3_(4)_5_6_6_7_8
    Might 3_3_(3)_4_5_6_7_8
    Sanity 3_3_(3)_4_5_6_6_6
    Knowledge 2_3_3_4_(5)_6_7_8
    Items
    Omens
    Effects

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:51 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Take the mystic slide, aim for servants quarters

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:58 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

i suggest we do the same thing again except hand it off to the respective person to kill their doppel and then move on to amazigh and mlc's

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:33 am
Profile WWW

My token symbol accurately portrays my reaction to this situation.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next