View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Pathfinder RPG 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Pathfinder RPG
I thought crits were double of the ideal roll.
Well, whatever.

So is it in poor form to discuss our thoughts on the matter? (player discussion, meta, etc etc)
I have an idea for a conduct run, for myself, which is almost opposite of the equipment I have. (It will be something to work on in-game)
Everything else is fine.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:11 pm

Yeah if you guys want something different out of your characters or anything let me know. Normally you'd build your characters from the ground up but seeing as this is an introduction I wanted to make things as simple as possible.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Welp, this is ridiculous.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 pm

As you enter the dim cave the cold, stale air washes over you and your breath mists in front of your eyes. Tendrils of stone hang from the ceiling like long, twisted fangs and in the distance you can hear the dripping of water.

In the center of the cave you see a collection of small, dirty green humanoids. Their long ears and noses just sharply from their face and when they open their wide mouths you see long rows of sharp, needle-like teeth. Beady red eyes alight with excitement you see them rummaging through the corpses of several dead soldiers which you recognize as wearing city guard armour. You see spittle fly as two of the creatures begin to bicker over an ornate sword with a jeweled pommel. Despite all the commotion, one perceptive looter spots your party and begins to alert the others. They chatter noisily as they eye you with fear. Loot is quickly stowed away in pockets as they reach for their weapons. What do you do?

Ranger rebuilt for Foa:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Loose Canon

Tavor draws his axe, snarling at the goblins. They're already the lowest form of monster, and these ones were caught right in the middle of killing a group of guards. No mercy is deserved and no quarter shall be given.
"Make peace with your damn heathen god, scums!"
He raises his axe, ready to charge, and takes a step forward menacingly. Tavor takes one last long look at the group of goblins, then calls on his orcish heritage and releases a guttural roar of anger at them.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:02 am
Profile WWW

Rough representation, I'll figure out something nicer as we go along. Each square is 5 feet across. If it's not clear the eight green-clad monsters are goblins, the blonde guy in red armour is Tavos, the green one off to the side is Deimos, the blue on is Grundlegar, the white one is Reine, and the red hatted one is Cassandra.

Initiative rolls:

Turn order: Tavor, Deimos, Goblins, Grundlegar, Reine, Cassandra

Note: If you are a melee combatant you can attack any adjacent square, including diagonals.
Goblins have 16 AC and 6 HP. Normally you wouldn't have this kind of information but I think things will go quicker if you can announce your own results rather than having to wait for me for every little thing.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:43 am

I realize suddenly that I have no idea how to play this game.

It's kind of late right now, so I'll read up and post an action tomorrow. Sorry if I end up slowing you guys down.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Are distances measured in Euclidean, Manhattan (Rectilinear), or Tchebychev (King's Path)?

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 am

Moving one square up, down, left, or right is 5 feet and moving diagonally is 7.5 feet. I think people are a little uncertain right now, since it's a new and complicated system. That's ok, just try stuff and if it's not quite right we'll work it out.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:16 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I figured out my maximum movement area, alternatively, it's also where I have my +1 to hit bonus.

This sea green is the template of my movement capabilities in one move action, and my bonus to hit.
The teal is what I can get a bonus to hit on, if I move 2n.
Sea Green, 30ft. Orange 20ft. (Also, the shape of your movement radius seems to tends toward an octagon, as the radius approaches infinity)

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Uh so yeah seeing as I'm not receiving any message asking for clarification or anything like that I'm starting to think interest is lower than it seemed. Which is fine, but I need to know where this inactivity is stemming from so I know if I should keep putting work into designing this adventure.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:08 pm
Loose Canon

I am not used to rolling myself. One sec.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:16 pm
Profile WWW

I thought we were restricted by initiative order in rolling our own actions, and was waiting on Nighthawk.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:25 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'll just roll some god damn numbers, and use them later.

How do I calculate damage?
Is it \Max(1d6+1, damage die)*3, crit +1, possible bonus from feat\? Or something else.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:30 pm

I just don't know how to play, and didn't expect to have to learn everything. I've never played DnD or anything like it before, but I always expected my first time playing to be entirely overseen by a GM. Guess I should've had the foresight to realize that in a forum game, that would only result in a ton of waiting around....

So yeah, I'm just sitting here procrastinating.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next