View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Pathfinder RPG 

Post Pathfinder RPG
Assault on Bloodscale

Driven from its home in the West Mountains, a fearsome dragon known as Bloodscale has settled in Frogsmouth cave deep within the Forest of Hands. With the abundance of wildlife the monster had little reason to stray from its den, sating itself on dear and wild boar. But this was not to last. As the forest creatures grew scarcer, Bloodscale grew bolder, venturing to nearby farmland to devour livestock and unlucky farmers. The citizens of Sandpoint quiver with fear as the attacks grow closer and closer to their homes. The city guard launched an attack on the dragon's nest but were all but obliterated by the beast.

Now too weak to launch another attack, the city of Sandpoint send word out to neighbouring towns pleading for any brave soul to help deliver them from their plight. Five adventurers answer the call.

The Fighter:

The Rogue:

The Ranger:

The Cleric:

The Wizard:

Rules:

Last edited by Contrary on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:25 am

Post Re: Pathfinder RPG
Reserve

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Fighter!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm
Profile WWW

Cleric.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:22 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ranger

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Rogue me.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Err um I probably should have made this more clear in the OP but we already sorted out who would be playing in the FG Lounge.

Anyways here's a short guide on the game rules, though here, as throughout the adventure I'll me omitting or changing some rules for the sake of simplicity.

Ok so I've simplified it a lot but that's all your need to know. Here is an example of what your character stats will look like (this being Tavor the Fighter):

Tavor, Half Orc Fighter
HP: 13, AC: 17, 20 Ft Move, +1 Initiative
Items: Greataxe, Mace, Chainmail, Flask of Rum

Attacks:
Greataxe: +4 to hit, 1D12 +4 damage. (3x damage on attack roll of 20)
Mace: +4 to hit, 1D6 +4 damage. (x2 damage on attack roll of 20)

Special abilities:
Power Attack: You can forego finesse for a more powerful blow, taking a -1 penalty on attack rolls for +2 bonus damage on any attack you choose.
Cleave: Thanks to your mighty strength, if you successfully hit an enemy, you can make an additional attack on an adjacent enemy within your reach. If you choose to use Cleave you are off balance from your might swing and take a -2 penalty to AC until your next turn.
Darkvision 60ft : Thanks to his orcish heritage, Tavor can see in the dark up to 60ft.

Skills: Climb, Swim

For now, onsider skills to be nothing more than an idea of things you are good at.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm

I wish to be the wizard.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Let me know if anything is unclear so far.

Two more characters here:

Deimos, Elf Rogue
HP: 10, AC: 16, 30ft move, +4 Initiative
Items: Two Masterwork Kukri, Leather Armour, 50ft Rope

Attacks:
Single Kukri attack: +5 to hit, 1D6 +2 Damage (2x damage on attack roll of 18-20)
Two Kukri attack: +1 to hit, 1D6 +2 Damage (2x damage on attack roll of 18-20)

Special Abilities:
Sneak Attack: Catching vulnerable enemies in their weak points, Deimos gets +1D6 damage when flanking .
Darkvision 60ft : Thanks to his elfish heritage, Deimos can see in the dark up to 60ft.

Skills: Acrobatics, Stealth, Disable Device, Sleight of Hand, Disguise, Bluff
----
Cassandra, Human Ranger
HP: 12, AC: 17, 30ft move, +4 Initiative
Items: Composite Longbow, Rapier, Studded Leather Armour, Torch

Attacks:
Longbow: +6 to hit, 1D8 +1 Damage (3x on 20)
Rapier: +2 to hit, 1D6 +1 Damage (2x on 18-20)

Special Abilities:
Quick Draw: Thanks to her experience fighting alone in the wilderness, Cassandra can switch between her Longbow and Rapier freely.
Favoured Enemy: Dragon: Determined to avenge her father, Cassandra has studied how to hunt and kill dragons. She gains a +2 attack and +2 damage bonus on dragons.

Skills: Perception, Survival, Knowledge Nature, Knowledge Geography
----

Reine and Grundlegar will be done tonight and we can start Saturday.

Last edited by Contrary on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Since there are others who want to play, you can let them play and have me as a reserve player. Let me know what you want to do.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

rnager :o

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:41 am

Izen was first so he gets dibs, but if you guys want to work something else out I'm fine with that. I don't really know how you guys usually handle this stuff here.
----
Reine, Human Cleric
HP: 15, AC: 19, 20ft Move, -1 Initiative
Items: Hammer, Heavy Shield, Half Plate, Holy Symbol

Attacks:
Hammer: +1 to hit/1D4 +1 Damage (x2 on 20)

Special Abilities:
Saving Shield: Using your broad shield you can shield one adjacent ally from harm, granting them a +2 bonus to AC. Target chosen each turn, takes up no action.
Cure Light Wounds: Three times per day, you can call upon your god for favour and heal one creature for 1D8+1 HP.
Channel Energy: Once per day you can unleash a blast of holy energy, healing all living creatures in a 30ft radius for 1D6.

Skills: Diplomacy, Heal, Knowledge Religion.
----
Grundlegar, Dwarven Wizard
HP: 8, AC: 11, 20ft move, +1 Initiative
Items: Staff, Robe, Fashionable Hat

Attacks:
Staff: +0 to hit/1D6 Damage (x2 on 20)

Special Abilities:
Ray of Frost: With a wave of your hand, you summon a chilling wind, dealing 1D3 damage to a target within 25 feet
Lightning Flash: Calling upon the power of storms, you unleash a flash of electricity, dealing 1D6 damage to all adjacent creatures.
Hydraulic Push: Once per day you can conjure a quick blast of water, pushing an adjacent enemy back 20 feet.
Obscuring Mist: Once per day you can call forth a misty vapour to swirl around you. Melee attacks gain a 20% miss chance and ranged attacks gain a 50% miss chance on you for 1 minute.
Burning Hands: Once per day you can shoot a cone of searing flame from your fingertips, dealing 1D4 damage to all creatures caught in the blast.

Skills: Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge History, Appraise, Spellcraft
----
Here are the last two classes! If you have any questions or concerns lemme know ASAP. The adventure will start Saturday or late tomorrow.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:01 am

Punches a wall and stumbles away.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

As it turns out, what usually happens is that the forums caters to "First Come;First Serve", via Declares.
The OP can honestly set any conditions to joining, including character forms.
The people that join usually have the option to leave before the game starts, join as an active character, or join as a reserve character.

Reserve characters come in to play when a player leaves, or their character can't be brought back.
Also, it's fair to have shadow players that control npc's, and help the OP with whatever, the general rule is that they are invisible. (Reserves can become shadow!!!)
The rules when it comes to a player being absent, or wanting to leave is up to the OP: sometimes an OP is forced to kick players to continue the game.

Anyways.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Glad to have you on board, Foa!

But before we really start the game I just want to explain how all I want posts to be formatted. First they should open with a description of what you're doing:

With the brim of my wide hat bobbing up and down in front of my face I scurry towards the dragon, staff in hand. The beast stares at me, her sharp red eyes giving me an incredulous look as if to question if such a squat creature could ever hope to harm a dragon. I carry on it spite of the doubt in both the dragon and himself. Its hot, dry breath now upon me I raise my wooden staff and brings it down upon the dragon's snout.

They don't have to that long, they can be as little as:

I scurry to the dragon and wallop her with my staff.

But I think it's more enjoyable for everyone with some embellishment.

Then you would follow it with a mechanical explanation (I trust you guys to roll your own dice):

I move to square F6 and Power Attack the dragon with my staff. 1d20 + 0 = (20) + 0 = natural 20 crit! Successful hit.
Damage = 1D6 x 2 = (4) x 2 = 8 damage to dragon.

Then you can follow up with a description of the results:

A loud smack rings through the cave as my staff smashes into the dragon's nose, causing it to recoil in pain. "Never underestimate a wizard!" I exclaim in triumph.

Ok, if everyone's still on board so far the game will start soonishly.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next