View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 How data realms will rule a country 

Post Re: How data realms will rule a country
==Issues==
Reclaim The Streets!(issue 8 )
Several major city streets were clogged with bicycles this morning, as the environmental group 'Two Wheels Good, Four Wheels Bad' staged a protest. Several hundred riders ambled through downtown streets, blissfully ignoring the torrent of abuse hurled at them by thousands of motorists running late for work.

1 "People are sick of dirty, smelly automobiles," said protest organizer Jazz Lee. "They're choking the city, the environment--our lives! Cars must be banned!"

2 "The only thing people are sick of is long-haired idiots riding their bicycles at two miles an hour on major thoroughfares," says committed motorist Johann True. "People shouldn't be able to protest like this. The government needs to crack down on them."

3 The Automotive Manufacturers Association, meanwhile, has called for government support. "It's clear that we need to boost the level of automobile support in this country. This protest this morning is a clear indication of... um... anyway, we need more government funds."

Citizens Struggle Under "Unfair" Tax Burden(issue 10)
A recent poll has revealed high levels of dissatisfaction among the populace about tax rates.

1 "Do you know how much of my year's work goes to the government?" demanded angry worker Falala Zhu. "Too much! Government spending has gotten way out of control. It needs big cuts in welfare, health, and education. But leave those subsidies to business alone. We need them to create jobs."

2 "It's not the AMOUNT of tax, it's where the burden falls," says student activist Tobias Brown. "And at the moment, far too much of the burden is falling on the poor. People on high incomes still have more money than people on low incomes. I don't think I need to say anything more than that."

3 "I don't object to the amount of tax, I object to where it's being spent," says social reformer Heather Christmas. "I'd like to see everyone have a choice as to where their Datas go every time they fill out a tax return. Everyone would feel a lot better about opening their wallets if they had a say as to where the money went. I think you'd see a lot more public money going to education and a lot less to business."

Appointment Of Spiritual Advisor(Issue 11)
It's time for the government to hire a new religious advisor. Your people have narrowed down the candidates to:

1 Catholic Archbishop Zeke Broadside: boasts an excellent track record, having rapidly increased church attendances in his constituencies through the "Reaching God Through Guilt" program. Seen as a solid choice.

2 New Age thinker Maria Rubin: a left-field candidate with some radical ideas. "For me, it's not about the name of your religion. It's about discovering your spirituality in whatever guise that takes. Some people call that a cult: I call it taking spirituality to the people."

3 Finally, there's William Malik. "If I am awarded the appointment, I will immediately resign," the ex-schoolteacher has declared. "Because, frankly, God is a big load of hokey. I'll be doing everyone a favor by just shutting up about it."

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:31 pm
Loose Canon

Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:32 pm

dismiss

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:09 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

2 (would prefer 3 :v)

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 pm

pass

Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:38 am

if you would prefer 3 vote on it
there would be a draw

Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:46 pm

VOTE FINISHED
draw

Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:53 pm

==issues==
Citizens Struggle Under "Unfair" Tax Burden(issue 10)
A recent poll has revealed high levels of dissatisfaction among the populace about tax rates.

1 "Do you know how much of my year's work goes to the government?" demanded angry worker Falala Zhu. "Too much! Government spending has gotten way out of control. It needs big cuts in welfare, health, and education. But leave those subsidies to business alone. We need them to create jobs."

2 "It's not the AMOUNT of tax, it's where the burden falls," says student activist Tobias Brown. "And at the moment, far too much of the burden is falling on the poor. People on high incomes still have more money than people on low incomes. I don't think I need to say anything more than that."

3 "I don't object to the amount of tax, I object to where it's being spent," says social reformer Heather Christmas. "I'd like to see everyone have a choice as to where their Datas go every time they fill out a tax return. Everyone would feel a lot better about opening their wallets if they had a say as to where the money went. I think you'd see a lot more public money going to education and a lot less to business."

Uranium Deposit Promises To Enrich Data realms(issue 12)
Prospecting company Nukes4U has uncovered a large uranium deposit in Data realms's south-west.

1 "This is a terrific find!" claims Nukes4U CEO Xu Christensen. "It will provide an enormous stimulus to our economy and create thousands of new jobs. It's win-win! All we need from the government is permission to bulldoze the rainforest that's on top of the deposit."

2 "You've got to be kidding," says Green politician Sashona Keep. "This rainforest is thousands of years old! This country needs more environmental protection, not less. And to destroy the environment in order to mine uranium that then goes into nuclear bombs--well, that really sticks in my craw."

3 "There's no need for an either-or decision," says the government's Minister for Mining, Clear-Felling, and the Environment. "We can preserve most of the rainforest and allow mining of a small part. After all, think of all the good that the money from this uranium deposit can bring to Data realms."

Auto Industry Struggles Against Foreign Imports(issue 13)
Cheap, foreign-made cars are becoming increasingly popular, causing concern in Data realms's automobile manufacturing industry.

1 "Unless this government does something, Data realms won't have an auto industry for much longer," says auto industry union boss Abraham Song, in a rare public appearance alongside management. "These foreign companies employ people for a few Datas a day. The only way to level the playing field is to raise tariffs. The government would make more money, too, so it's win-win."

2 "For once, I agree with my grubby colleague here," says General Chassis CEO Hillary Schultz. "Although I have to say, tariffs aren't the only answer. A more effective solution would be to abolish minimum wage laws. Now that would level the playing field. And we'd be able to employ more--argh, let go of my throat!"

3 "I think we need to face facts," says noted economist and chat-show regular Chris Hamilton. "We live in a global economy now, and automobile manufacturing just isn't Data realms's strong suit. There's no point taking money from taxpayers in order to line the pockets of a few greedy workers and corrupt managers in a doomed industry. Let the market take its--argh, let go of my throat!"

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:09 pm

2?
btw:

Last edited by mikolaj007 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:08 pm
Loose Canon

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:17 pm
Profile WWW

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next