View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:49 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 CIVILIZATION: RISING 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 am
Posts: 713
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Explore with the Hermit!


Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:56 am
Posts: 1474
Location: At the corner of unoriginality and boring
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Explore with hermit seems the best idea
Unless we want to start getting food now via farming


Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:43 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 am
Posts: 4555
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
explhormit


Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1471
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Explore with the hermit it is!


Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:23 pm
Posts: 1416
Location: North-Ish
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
> The Hermit is compelled to scour the ruins of the once great city, in search of anything.


Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:00 pm
Posts: 4141
Location: Hell.
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Okay, explore and hermit it is!

Quote:
You are the Hermit, the oldest of your people. Your surface is blackened by the heating light of the sun, long since darkening your transparent membranes. You have lived for a long time indeed, though you feel as though your time on this world is still starting to come to an end. With age comes knowledge, however, and you are thus the most wise of all the people.

Who better to lead them in a place that is almost as old as you? You who witnessed the rise and set of the sun a million times? The one who was there at the beginning, when the first of your kind coalesced together, molecules binding together and creating...

You.

You tell your people to spread out, to search through this part of the city. There are not many of you, though many of them have started to bud and split, something you lost the ability to do centuries ago. The new ones are eager to learn, blinking new colours bright and proud, a stark contrast your faded tones.

[20] As they spread through the elaborate streets of the ruined city, they find the entrance to a large underground building. Spurred on by the pups, they enter cautiously, armed only with their wits and their skills, they look around. Soon one returns to you, flashing colours rapidly with excitement. You follow them back to the underground building. Inside is a large plaza, light shining in through a glass ceiling long shattered. Images for goods long since gone cover the walls, strange products comprised not of collaborative cells, but of metal and stone and wood, much different from your nature. Some of them are still on the shelves, though what purpose would they have for you and your kin?

Large walls of smooth stone, the paint long having flaked from their walls, holds up the heavy ceiling, covered in shattered windows. The rain could pour in here, though it seems that the building has enough drainage to stop it from flooding too easily. There are a number of rooms attached to the main hall that could make for good storage and work areas, but some tunnels lead from the main hall into the darkness of the underground. None of your people dare head into those tunnels, though when they go near, they hear only growling.

What should we do next?
Should we settle here, in this building? Should we explore deeper into the tunnels, into the darkness of the earth? Or should we barricade the tunnels and leave before whatever is down there comes for us?

Or do you have something else in mind?


I'm voting for settle here.


Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: NORTH
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Quote:
Tribe: Twelve slime creatures and twenty pups in various stages of maturation. Several are beginning to reach pre-detachment stage.
- The Hermit.
Technology: Nothing but your hands.
Infrastructure: Hollowed Marketplace (subterranean)
Food: A broken barrel of fermented fruit mash, dragged to base camp by foraging slimes. This will not last long.
Resources: Charred brick and shards of ceramic line the streets above the marketplace, and the structure itself may hold valuable tools.
Magic: Dew Point Hieroglyphs
- A set of ritual inscriptions that cause the material they are marked with to rapidly condense water onto its surface, accumulating a thin, permanent membrane of water which can be siphoned for breeding or consumption.
Religion: You do not worship.


Last edited by TheKebbit on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.



Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:31 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 am
Posts: 3966
Location: Canadida
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
settle


Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:03 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 am
Posts: 4555
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
I vote for "barricade the tunnels, and then settle here"


Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:23 pm
Posts: 1416
Location: North-Ish
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
> Delve deeper into the tunnels, and find first what will soon hunt for us.


Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 am
Posts: 713
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Barricade and leave to forage for food. I think it'd be better to settle around know resources.


Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3793
Location: NORTH
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Foa wrote:
settle

I need a complete action.


Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:32 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
> Settle and Barricade. We can explore when we're a bit stronger.
Right now, we need Food and Water. Water can potentially be gotten by covering a wall or two with dew runes, food will be trickier. A base camp will help.


Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:13 am
Posts: 1
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
scrounge for food and water, but keep watch of the darker places. If the things dont egress from their hole, then settle.


Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:26 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:00 pm
Posts: 4141
Location: Hell.
Post Re: CIVILIZATION: RISING
Dr. Keb, we're losing the patient!


Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.022s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]