View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bunker Breach Bash 

Use Mods?
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

Bunker Breach Bash 

Post Bunker Breach Bash
Its like a mod contest only without the complex file editing
How to Play:

Download the last poster's challenge
try to beat the challenge and take a screen shot of the win (optionally any losses or other events that are entertaining)

build a bunker in the scene editor and add the appropriate areas to create a bunker breach scenario
make a post with the victory screen shot, a copy of your bunker from scenes.rte, the faction that you want challengers to face (if any), and of course any comments you want to make about the maps.

rules: Bunker's should be checked to see if the challengers brain will spawn safely
challengers should play with fog of war enabled
both teams should respect the moid limit

Posting bases are a first come first serve kinda thing, if someone beats you to it just hold onto your base for next time, you can always post a win.
There is one caveat though, If there was no actual combat and you just tunneled your brain bot through the bunker please give someone else a chance to post first.
I don't have anything against tunnelling as a tactic its just that the AI defenders don't usually handle it well and taking advantage of the AI isn't fair to the scenario maker unless their design practically requires it.

While modding is really popular I have to strongly recommend keeping the bases compatible with vanilla cortex command, at least for the first few posts. I'll add a poll for mods.

Conducts: make a note if you beat the map while meeting any of these special conducts. There is no requirement to make conducts possible on all maps so don't worry about these when building.

I've attached the first challenge, just drop challenge1.ini into scenes.rte it should show up in the top corner of the map.

Attachments:
File comment: Fight the coalition
Challenge1.ini [37.42 KiB]
Downloaded 802 times
Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Post Re: Bunker Breach Bash
Quick question, can we use modded factions to assault the base or would you rather both factions be Vanilla?

Tue May 19, 2015 7:08 pm
Loose Canon

This is a good 8 months old, sorry to say that it is dead.

Tue May 19, 2015 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

Sorry, I did not realize the timestamp was that old.

Tue May 19, 2015 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]