View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:50 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
Areku wrote:
>Ready spear, glance back at my squad.

"What seems bad? Who's in there!?"

The thing on the other side beats against the door while emitting muffled screams.

Ethan: "Uh, remember when you poked the witch core? They're kinda like that, but kinda, more troublesome."

Amelia: "Corruption exposure? Does that mean there's a witch in there?"

Ethan: "..."



________________________________________

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Just one of Lauffueur's witchlings. A big one, too.
Think it would help us?"

Blue Mage 1: "Dunno."

Black Mage 1: "Do we want its help? It might be responsible for keeping things secure here. Wonder if it can communicate with the warlock."



________________________________________

CrazyMLC wrote:
"Yeah, a ruined city. They'd managed to contain these witches, so maybe there's an important lead down there. Not the safest region to lead an investigation, though."

> Keep doing the scouting thing.

The two of you continue past the hole and reach the edge of the forest.

Nothing noteworthy, it seems like this area is also clear of witch cores.

You're also just about at the range of the long-range telepaths.



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
"Y' got an idea what I could do for practice? there evil spirits in th' area or somethin'?"

Faren-Wuust: "You could practice opening gates. Or rather, work to a point where you can do it safely, and then do it. I am sure once you get a feel for opening them, closing them would be an intuitive process."



________________________________________

TheKebbit wrote:
>Snuff out the activity of the machine with a temporary null field, then force the door open.

After halting the magic machinery with a null field, you jam your armored fingers into the crevice of the metal double-doors, forcing them open with Stahlnacht's strength.

The metal barriers screech as they slide into the wall, internal locks breaking and gears grinding. When the door finally opens wide enough for you to pass, you gaze into the dark depths ahead - an unknown expanse of void waiting for you to enter.


Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:45 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"That's true. Yeah, leave it, we'll do this with what we've got."
> Retrieve needles from my coffin and start heading towards Teleiat.
"So what do we have at our disposal?
Monk is a monster in melee, and she and Vandolf have that A-M armor.
Sanoa has strong telepathy, Torrent is Torrent.
Horoma has fire and light, I have kinetics and Captivate.
Where does everyone else stand?"


Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3380
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Attempt to keep myself from smiling manically.

>Fail.


"The whole City of Magic... What a lovely day~"


>Switch smile to merely confident, don't want to scare my underlings off. Yet.

>Prop lance against wall, take off brigandine, pull bracelet off with teeth. Engage non-laconic LeaderSei mode.


"Ethan. Take a good look at my spirit. There should be a part that was just cut off, something about 'syncing' the spirit with the mind. Can you replicate that sort of damage?

And Amelia. Think you could get that door open with your kinetics?

Now you two are probably going to think this is crazy, but- Everything happens for a reason, you know? There's at least one person in there with corruption poisoning. With no treatment, I'd give them about two hours left. Now it just so happens I've learned of a way to stop that condition from getting worse. That's where you come in, Telepath.

Now, we have two options. We either go back, report to Vranhal and consign dozens of thousands of souls to a slow death, or we get through this door and become the heroes this cavern needs. It might be rough. It might be dangerous. It is the only chance they have left.

Do you want to live forever, mages?"


Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:29 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3501
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Manifest Stahlnacht's light. Onward.


Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:15 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1384
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Sounds like a plan, but no real idea how t' go 'bout openin' a gate in th' first place."


Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4766
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
> AGGRESSIVELY TELEPATHY AT THE LONG RANGE TELEPATHY-ERS, IN CASE MENTAL SHOUTING MAKES IT EASIER TO HEAR.

LOOKS CLEAR.


Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:02 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"That's true. Yeah, leave it, we'll do this with what we've got."
> Retrieve needles from my coffin and start heading towards Teleiat.
"So what do we have at our disposal?
Monk is a monster in melee, and she and Vandolf have that A-M armor.
Sanoa has strong telepathy, Torrent is Torrent.
Horoma has fire and light, I have kinetics and Captivate.
Where does everyone else stand?"

They all tell you their names but you more or less forget, though they're fine with using temporary code names for the mission.

KIN1, KIN2, and KIN3 are high-ranking kinetic snipers, all capable of burst-casting.

KIN4, KIN5, and KIN6 are more standard kinetic mages with some long range capability.

ELE1 and ELE2 are both capable of long-range telepathy. ELE1 has additional skills focused in debilitating telepathy, and ELE2 has specialization in offensive-use and utility-use lightning.

Sanoa is designated SAN, Torrent TOR.

Miimas can function as a low-key scout and sharpshooter, and can call out locations for long-range targets if a telepath isn't available to act as a spotter. Designation MIM.

Monk is designated MNK.

Horoma HORO, because no one wanted to try to do 3 letters.

Vandolf is VAN.

You're JON, simple enough.


Are code names even necessary? Whatever.


ELE1 (relays) VAN: LOOKS CLEAR.



You grab your needles from the coffin.

KIN1: "Well, let's get to it."



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Attempt to keep myself from smiling manically.

>Fail.


"The whole City of Magic... What a lovely day~"


>Switch smile to merely confident, don't want to scare my underlings off. Yet.

>Prop lance against wall, take off brigandine, pull bracelet off with teeth. Engage non-laconic LeaderSei mode.


"Ethan. Take a good look at my spirit. There should be a part that was just cut off, something about 'syncing' the spirit with the mind. Can you replicate that sort of damage?

And Amelia. Think you could get that door open with your kinetics?

Now you two are probably going to think this is crazy, but- Everything happens for a reason, you know? There's at least one person in there with corruption poisoning. With no treatment, I'd give them about two hours left. Now it just so happens I've learned of a way to stop that condition from getting worse. That's where you come in, Telepath.

Now, we have two options. We either go back, report to Vranhal and consign dozens of thousands of souls to a slow death, or we get through this door and become the heroes this cavern needs. It might be rough. It might be dangerous. It is the only chance they have left.

Do you want to live forever, mages?"

Ethan: "Uh, I can sorta take a peek at spirits but I can't exactly screw around with 'em or anything."

Amelia: "I, don't think we're equipped to deal with this."



________________________________________

TheKebbit wrote:
>Manifest Stahlnacht's light. Onward.

Commanding Stahlnacht to activate the flame light, it flares up somewhere on your helm, illuminating the area around and ahead of you.

The area of the underground town is a bit damaged near the entrance, but you don't see any bodies yet.

Walking down the main road, you take note of all the windows - all closed, some boarded up. Not a whisper of movement anywhere.



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
"Sounds like a plan, but no real idea how t' go 'bout openin' a gate in th' first place."

Faren-Wuust: "Well, it is supposed to be similar to casting, right? But concentrating on the gate part, rather than the spell."

Grant: "Doesn't sound particularly helpful."

Faren-Wuust: "Well, it is a start."




________________________________________

CrazyMLC wrote:
> AGGRESSIVELY TELEPATHY AT THE LONG RANGE TELEPATHY-ERS, IN CASE MENTAL SHOUTING MAKES IT EASIER TO HEAR.

LOOKS CLEAR.

ELE1: Roger.

You get a telepathic dump of what the others were talking about -

JON: "So what do we have at our disposal?
Monk is a monster in melee, and she and Vandolf have that A-M armor.
Sanoa has strong telepathy, Torrent is Torrent.
Horoma has fire and light, I have kinetics and Captivate.
Where does everyone else stand?"


They all say their names but you more or less forget, though they're fine with using temporary code names for the mission.

KIN1, KIN2, and KIN3 are high-ranking kinetic snipers, all capable of burst-casting.

KIN4, KIN5, and KIN6 are more standard kinetic mages with some long range capability.

ELE1 and ELE2 are both capable of long-range telepathy. ELE1 has additional skills focused in debilitating telepathy, and ELE2 has specialization in offensive-use and utility-use lightning.

Sanoa is designated SAN, Torrent TOR.

Miimas can function as a low-key scout and sharpshooter, and can call out locations for long-range targets if a telepath isn't available to act as a spotter. Designation MIM.

Monk is designated MNK.

Horoma HORO, because no one wanted to try to do 3 letters.

John is JON.

You're VAN.


Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3380
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Open mouth as if to speak. Pause. Open it again. Roll eyes. Facepalm.

"Why even bother with telepa- *sigh*. You know what? Fine. Spirit Peeper, go and hike back to the surface, let Vran know of what we found. Me and Unequipped are gonna take a tunnel that's not choked with bodies and try to find someone coherent enough to try and tell us what the bloody hell is going on."

>Proceed to do so.


Last edited by Areku on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4766
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
> Keep advancing with monk, stopping when the telepathy gets faint or we notice anything. If we get a visual on the target from any distance, stop and wait for the team to catch up.


Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:54 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
Areku wrote:
>Open mouth as if to speak. Pause. Open it again. Roll eyes. Facepalm.

"Why even bother with telepa- *sigh*. You know what? Fine. Spirit Peeper, go and hike back to the surface, let Vran know of what we found. Me and Unequipped are gonna take a tunnel that's not choked with bodies and try to find someone coherent enough to try and tell us what the bloody hell is going on."

>Proceed to do so.

Ethan: "Fine."

The three of you exit the current tunnel and Ethan heads for the exit, while you and Amelia head down another tunnel that's void of corpses.

Another door at the end of this one, but at least there aren't any screaming things banging on the other side.

Amelia: "Do we knock?"



________________________________________

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Keep advancing with monk, stopping when the telepathy gets faint or we notice anything. If we get a visual on the target from any distance, stop and wait for the team to catch up.

You're already close to the edge of telepathic range!

Should probably wait for the others to catch up.

It's also a forest, so you probably aren't getting visuals on the target until you're close.


Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:15 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1384
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Well, can give that a go, but no idea if it'll work."
"...Might be best t' try in th' trainin' yard, or outside 'f vran, case 'f... whatever."


Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:39 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
> Nod, proceed to where MNK and VAN ran off to.


Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3380
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Sounds like a plan."

>Do so. While waiting for a response, ogle her for a moment.

"Sooo... What's a pretty and intelligent girl like you doing in the army? Seems like you could get a less dangerous job pretty easily."


Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1463
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations


"Have you seen the two off us, we're not gonna get hurt!"
>Flex muscles and create some finger lightning for effect.


Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
Amazigh wrote:
"Well, can give that a go, but no idea if it'll work."
"...Might be best t' try in th' trainin' yard, or outside 'f vran, case 'f... whatever."

Faren-Wuust: Sounds good! Hopefully if anything goes wrong, Grant can fix you up if you are unable to reach a healer.



________________________________

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Nod, proceed to where MNK and VAN ran off to.


You and everyone else head west, soon arriving at the site of where the watch tower used to be. In its place is a massive, pitch black void going straight down.

MIM: "Wow. Is there something down there?"

KIN2: "The watchtower used to be here. There's a local legend that the tower is actually upsidedown and what's below it is the original above-ground structure. Wonder if that was true."



________________________________

Areku wrote:
"Sounds like a plan."

>Do so. While waiting for a response, ogle her for a moment.

She knocks on the door while you give her a look-over.

Fit, strong body while still maintaining a feminine figure, none of that overbuilt bulkiness.
Areku wrote:
"Sooo... What's a pretty and intelligent girl like you doing in the army? Seems like you could get a less dangerous job pretty easily."

Amelia: "Well, I was born with kinetics. It's the responsibility of those with potential to live up to it, right? Sitting around pumping out babies didn't sound appealing, so I joined the military. Get some training, learn how to properly use my abilities, and maybe be a hunter down the road.

What about you? You, uh... you know. And you're still out in the field doing stuff. Same thing, right?"


There's knocking on the doors from the other side.



________________________________________

maart3n wrote:


"Have you seen the two off us, we're not gonna get hurt!"
>Flex muscles and create some finger lightning for effect.

Dehlii suppresses a chuckle while you think you get a smirk out of the guard.

Guard: "That's cute an' all, but like, there's some real danger out there, stuff that was giving the other guards trouble. Gotta stay locked down until it's safe."

You hear knocking coming from the metal doors, which seems to confuse the guard. She walks over to the doors and knocks in response.


Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:00 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.034s | 17 Queries | GZIP : Off ]