View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 13)
> To the lamp shop. Look at what they have, ask the proprietor if he has any work that needs doing.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:02 am
Profile WWW

>Find a second wheelbarrow. If necessary, buy a cheap one.

>Hand wheelbarrow to swordsman 2, ask him to retrieve sand. Meanwhile, acquire mortar. We're doing this.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Go back into town and browse wares

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:41 pm

>Catch up to the wolf and offer my assistance for a few coppers. If he accepts, get to it.

"Hail! I need coin for monastic garb and I am more than willing to work."

Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:04 pm

>Accept the help of this mysterious yet familiar monastic person.

"Welcome to the pack."

>Handle him the wheelbarrow and 10 copper, tell him to buy at least 2 wheelbarrows worth of mortar then keep the change.

>That's cobbling off the list. Now... For the important part.

>Ask around town for nearby wild, unsettled areas where fierce beasts may be found.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 14)
Roll 14

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human

You and P’orihc leave the library and search the town for Eitulta’s Lamps, which doesn’t take long. The shop has large display windows with lamps ranging from handheld ones to the kind you’d mount on a pole or hang from a ceiling.

Heading inside, there’s an aged but fit man behind the counter, white and grey speckles in his beard and short hair. He has a pair of spectacles on his wrinkled face and seems to be rather energetic.

???: ”Welcome to Eitulta’s Lamps! How can I help you?
Hey, you guys are dressed the same, and a fellow was here earlier who was dressed the same as well.”

P’orihc asks the man if he’s a mage.

???: ”I like to believe I fit the bill, yes.”

You take a moment to see what the shop has in detail. Lamps with metal frames and handles that look like your standard outdoorsy light source, a lamp the size of a walnut advertized as a “pocket lamp,” various overhead hanging lamps, pole mounted lamps, the list goes on. It is truly a lamp shop.

However, what catches your interested is not the variety of lamps, but what they all have in common. Instead of a wick and some sort of candle or liquid fuel, the light sources of the lamps are smooth glass orbs. Upon close inspection, you can see intricate lines running throughout the orbs, and all of them have a pair of smaller crystalline spheres encased within. The main orb of each lamp has lines that seem to run out of the orb and into the metal armature of the lamp, and each lamp has a mechanical switch of some sort.

After your look around, you ask the man if he has any work that needs doing.

???: ”Hmm, what kind of work? We always have packages to deliver, glass to be made, metal to be shaped, and you know.”

He gives you an odd look, a twinkle in his eye and a curl on his lip.

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 8/40 (Patched up)
Strength -8 => -4
Evasion -8 => -4

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)
Race: Human

You run after Wolf, catching up with him a little past the southern gate. The twin dirt-trail road that you remembered is now a plain wide dirt road with a large pile of stone nearby. Wolf is there with two wooden carts.

"Hail! I need coin for monastic garb and I am more than willing to work."

Wolf: "Welcome to the pack."

He hands you one of the carts and 10 copper, and instructs you to buy at least two wheelbarrows worth of pitch and to keep the change.

Wheelbarrow? Cart. Same thing.

You rush off to do your job, locating a stone facility on the outskirts of town with huge piles of lumber closeby. Smoke continuously rises from the four chimneys.

Must be charcoal production site of some sort, and probably a good source of wood-pitch. The right side of the building has a wooden awning with numerous barrels underneath. A large man seems to be sitting against the wall taking a nap.

Heading over with your cart, you give a loud enough “Hello” to wake him up, and ask if he has any pitch for sale.

???: ”These’ere barrels’re full’a pitch. Cheap as dirt, 2 copper each.”

It looks like the cart can hold two barrels, four if you carefully stack them.

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Name: Wolf (Areku)
Race: Lupus

Heading into town, you locate another broken cart, repair it to working condition, and hand it over to Swordsman 2, asking him to retrieve some sand.

Kleigg, one of the humans who were on the field with you when you woke up, appears from behind the town buildings and heads over to you.

Kleigg: "Hail! I need coin for monastic garb and I am more than willing to work."

"Welcome to the pack."

You hand him the first cart and 10 copper, and instructions to buy at least two wheelbarrows worth of pitch and keep the change. After your newest assistant dutily heads off into town with the money and cart, you head in yourself and ask various people if there are any nearby wild, unsettled areas where fierce beasts may be found.

???: South of the fork of the Anri river. No man, lupus, or chirop settlements there.

???: ”Fierce beasts? Between the two southern limbs of the Anri, that forest. They say there are beasts living there that are from the corruption.”

Conditions:
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop

You and John leave the library and search the town for Eitulta’s Lamps, which doesn’t take long. The shop has large display windows with lamps ranging from handheld ones to the kind you’d mount on a pole or hang from a ceiling.

Heading inside, there’s an aged but fit man behind the counter, white and grey speckles in his beard and short hair. He has a pair of spectacles on his wrinkled face and seems to be rather energetic.

???: ”Welcome to Eitulta’s Lamps! How can I help you?
Hey, you guys are dressed the same, and a fellow was here earlier who was dressed the same as well.”

You ask the man if he’s a mage while John takes a look around the shop.

???: ”I like to believe I fit the bill, yes.”

After John finishes looking around, he asks the man if he has any work that needs doing.

???: ”Hmm, what kind of work? We always have packages to deliver, glass to be made, metal to be shaped, and you know.”

He gives John an odd look, a twinkle in his eye and a curl on his lip.

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)
Race: Chirop

You head back into town and check out what’s there to buy.

There’s a blacksmith’s that has swords, polearms, and armor, a shop with a variety of bows, various clothes shops, food stalls with fish, beef, pork, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, bread, cheese, a library, a lamp shop with weird crystal lights.

You pause at the lamp shop. There are two fellows in there dressed exactly the same as you, one a chirop and one a human. For some reason you know their names as well, John being the human and P’orihc the chirop.

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:27 am

>Purchase four barrels, stack them with care inside the cart and bring them to where they are most needed. Begin assisting with mortar production, if the materials are ready.

How much would a quill, a small inkpot, a hair shirt and some cheap paper run me?

Last edited by TheKebbit on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:35 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Honest to god, I don't know what games I'm in, or were in, they move so damn slow.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:47 am

there's a convenient indicator for threads that you have actually posted in before

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:48 am

TheKebbit wrote:
How much would a quill, a small inkpot, a hair shirt and some cheap paper run me?

You can probably get a quill, inkpot, and cheap paper for about 7 copper. The hair shirt, free if you know where to look.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:55 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Is it possible for you to teach me magic?"

Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:52 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"You two! What are you doing here?"

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:17 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
there's a convenient indicator for threads that you have actually posted in before

Well, kinda late, mate.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:27 pm

>Return to my followers. Tell them the success of our endeavour depends on tracking down and capturing a powerful creature from the southern woods, preferably alive.

>I will be leaving immediately to accomplish that goal. Those that would like to accompany me can do so, though it'll be a dangerous and harsh task. The others are free to cobble the road and take tolls for the time being.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"...I know?"

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 257  Next