View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 305) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"It won't explode or anything, I think, it'll just materialize the armor. Hold on to it and think of the armor appearing on you, the construct should do the rest."

Miimas: "Hmm."

A second later, and a grey suit of armor materializes around Miimas, who twitches in surprise from the sudden change.

Miimas: "Wow, this is cool. Does yours do the same?"

Areku wrote:
>Crawl out of bushes, slowly approach source of the sound. Keep lance at the ready.

Crawling out of the bushes, you slowly approach the source of the sound with your lance at the ready.

Getting closer and closer, you stop when you can make out the shape - A large rectangular crate with metal framework and wooden panels.

The framework looks quite beaten from the impact and some of the wood paneling cracked, but it doesn't look like it burst opened.

Amazigh wrote:
"Thanks 'cupe."
>Enter room, seek out the lord, assuming she's there.

You enter the room, and the lord is behind her desk as usual, with her maid nearby and the armored lupus which you by now assume is a bodyguard of some sort.

There are others as well - six black mages, two blue, a shorter Torrent, John, Miimas, Vandolf in some fancy bulky armor, and some girl you don't know in some fancy bulky armor

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Stand around and look pretty.

You stand around and look FABULOUS

TheKebbit wrote:
"Cooperating with whose agenda? Why kill them all? These chirop deserve nothing but peace."

The creature cocks its head at you.

???: "Is this not your friend's objective?"

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 am

"...What."

>Pause. Approach. Listen for anyone inside. Pry it open unless I hear bear sounds.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Yup! It's well designed, so it should intercept pretty much any kind of damage that isn't attacking the fabric of magic itself. Which, uh, I'll be REALLY surprised if they can do that, so it'll intercept everything.
Though, be careful, it can only take so much damage, then the entire suit as a whole will run out of mana and vanish. Overall, it'll protect from more than regular metal armor, but keep in mind that it has a limit, and it'll go from 100 to 0 right when it hits it."

Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:54 am
Profile WWW

> I mean, if we're going to be waiting this long, start doing some exercises I guess? Even if I don't gain anything, can stretch myself out a bit.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:02 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"...What."

>Pause. Approach. Listen for anyone inside. Pry it open unless I hear bear sounds.

After a pause, you approach the crate. No sounds inside or nearby, so you pry it open.

Hmm.

Looks like a ton of straw padding. Digging around, you find a smaller undamaged crate and pull it open. Inside this one is a lantern (magic operated - gross), a charcoal rod encased in a wooden tube (those were called pencils or something, right?), and a stack of paper.

Only the first paper has writing on it.

Is it like that in both mountain bases and the city?
What is the evidence of the Ensi?
Write on paper, light lamp, point paper at Vranhal.
Retreat to Vranhal if in danger.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yup! It's well designed, so it should intercept pretty much any kind of damage that isn't attacking the fabric of magic itself. Which, uh, I'll be REALLY surprised if they can do that, so it'll intercept everything.
Though, be careful, it can only take so much damage, then the entire suit as a whole will run out of mana and vanish. Overall, it'll protect from more than regular metal armor, but keep in mind that it has a limit, and it'll go from 100 to 0 right when it hits it."

Miimas: "Cool. This suit just needs mana, right? Don't need to take it to a shop to get it fixed or anything."

Horoma returns to the room, looking like her regular human self again but with the Bulwark armor activated. Looks like things might be starting soonish, maybe.

CrazyMLC wrote:
> I mean, if we're going to be waiting this long, start doing some exercises I guess? Even if I don't gain anything, can stretch myself out a bit.

Whelp, might as well make the time useful. You do some stretches, getting rid of the sores from your earlier workouts.

A woman enters the room - somewhat short black hair, red eyes, light skin. She's wearing grey armor and a black and gold hooded cloak over it.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:06 am

>Do as written.

Approached from mountain, NE base in sight.
No visual on city.
Signs of battle. Fire magic. At least 1 dead core.
Found witch(?). Says Ensi inside base, chirop dead.
Burnt chirop sighted - 50 or more. Burnt entrance.
Not in danger.
Lost the 2 mages. Are they in town?
Orders?

Last edited by Areku on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Yeah, just mana. Regen speed in those Bulwarks is kinda low, it's the only part of the construct a good Constructor can't just make out of thin air. Though hopefully you'll never need to worry about that."

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>To Lord.
"Lord, so you'll not be needin' me 'til you've got th' constructor back, wonderin' if it'd be fine if I left vran 'til then? Got a few things i've been meanin' t' do that I can't 'xactly do while here."

Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:36 am

> Look for Rauha.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:41 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Do as written.

Approached from mountain, NE base in sight.
No visual on city.
Signs of battle. Fire magic. At least 1 dead core.
Found witch(?). Says Ensi inside base, chirop dead.
Burnt chirop sighted - 50 or more. Burnt entrance.
Not in danger.
Lost the 2 mages. Are they in town?
Orders?

Moving back to the campsite, you carry out the orders.

After writing your message, you light the lantern, put your arm through the carrying handle, and hold the paper towards Vranhal.

A few seconds later, there's another crash nearby in a different place. A quick search reveals another crate, this one significantly smaller, made entirely of wood, and mostly in pieces by now.

Digging through the wood scraps and straw padding, you find a folded piece of paper.

The two mages are currently in Vranhal, now heading your way.
Investigate city and communicate, then investigate North East base and communicate.
Expect hostiles, do not engage unless necessary.
Return when complete or if under attack.

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, just mana. Regen speed in those Bulwarks is kinda low, it's the only part of the construct a good Constructor can't just make out of thin air. Though hopefully you'll never need to worry about that."

Miimas: "Well, been slowly recharging this magic rifle here."

She shows you something that looks like a construct rifle, similar to the one you saw in the Heartstone facility.

Miimas: "Extra regenerating will help with that. There's not like, mana compatibility, is there?"

(you are aware of ama's roll)

Amazigh wrote:
>To Lord.
"Lord, so you'll not be needin' me 'til you've got th' constructor back, wonderin' if it'd be fine if I left vran 'til then? Got a few things i've been meanin' t' do that I can't 'xactly do while here."

Elizabeth: "That is fine, as long as you stay within Vranhal's territory. Vranhal, Mead, Hopluit, nearby plains."

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Try to use stances to look even more fabulous while standing around.

You throw out some FABULOUS POSES with your stances.

Maybe you could be doing something else during this time, like talking or something.

(you are aware of ama's roll)

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:44 am

> Look for Rauha.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:46 am
Profile WWW

>Nod. Pause, realizing my nod might not have been seen. Write "Nod" on the paper, send it through lantern.

>Consider extinguishing bonfire. Decide against it.

>Signal for Kazooie to get in my backpack.

>When she's safely stowed, pick up backpack and head down the mountains, avoiding the tunnel entrance and making a beeline for the city.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:54 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Mana is mana, you can use it all universally. Do you know mana transferring actually? Just taking it out, putting it into stones and constructs?"

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:13 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Alright.. thanks."
>Guess I can't (actually maybe could but probably shouldn't) go do that training just yet.
>Leave meeting place, ensure coffin is safely stowed in house, and all other gear is on me.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:45 am

"Then perhaps I will have to stop my friend. Her lust for revenge has gone too far. This was supposed to target the administration."

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 257  Next