View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 17)
"You look a little young to be manning the front, how did you get that gig?"

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 17)
>Get myself a full meal, no drink. I'll need both energy and not being drunk for what comes next.

>As night falls, put on my cloak and leave town southwards, to scout out the woods. Stop moving in that direction as soon as they can be seen on the horizon.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:31 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 18)
Asklar seems to have disappeared for the time being, so his actions will be automated.

Roll 18

The world as the players know it:

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human

"I've got Kinetic and a basic understanding of magic tools."

You make a kinetic orb and show him, while P’orihc explains that he has basic experience with telepathy.

Bynrolf: ”Mmm, I see, all have some basic experience. Glad none of you guys are innate dark mages, had one of those come up to me before, no idea what to do with her.
Magic-wise, we’ll start off with mana manipulation, then fire, and then go into light, since fire is pretty much a crude form of light. Any questions before we get started? It’s gonna be a long ramble.”

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 5/40 (Patched up)
Strength -4 => -0
Evasion -4 => -0

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)

You approach the proprietor of the shop, an old man with what’s little of his hair colored white.

"What would you let the hair shirt go for? Yes, that one in the corner."

Old Man: ”Hmm, interesting choice. It’s not something that anyone these days would buy, I’ll let you have it for free.”

He takes it off of the shelf and hands it to you. It almost resembles a jacket in design, with corded loops and buttons to hold the garment closed at the front.

Old Man: ”You might want to avoid wearing it in public, people have a dislike for religious displays nowadays.”

Conditions:

Name: Wolf (Areku)
Race: Lupus

You get yourself a full meal, a plate with roast chicken and some green plant matter, and chow down. The food satisfies your hunger, giving you an energized feeling.

The sun is starting to dip down into the horizon, so you don your cloak and leave town, heading south. You pass by Archer along the way, who seems to be manning the night-shift toll.

It’s a long trek, but after enough walking, you get on top of a hill to scan the area. You can make out a town, Hopluit, not too far south, with some woods beyond it. What you’re looking for though, is where the river forks into two, with the resulting river limbs isolating the woods full of ancient beasts.

The trees in the section of land are taller than the others, and there’s not a speck of light that would signal a lone traveller or cabin amongst the woods.

Conditions:
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2

Full Stomach: 5/10
All stats +5

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop

John: "I've got Kinetic and a basic understanding of magic tools."

John makes a kinetic orb and show him, while you explain that you have basic experience with telepathy.

Bynrolf: ”Mmm, I see, all have some basic experience. Glad none of you guys are innate dark mages, had one of those come up to me before, no idea what to do with her.
Magic-wise, we’ll start off with mana manipulation, then fire, and then go into light, since fire is pretty much a crude form of light. Any questions before we get started? It’s gonna be a long ramble.”

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)

"You look a little young to be manning the front, how did you get that gig?"

Kalob: ”Mister Eitulta and my father worked together a few times in the war, and Mister Eitulta wanted to give me a job because they were good friends! It’s hard work here but it’s fun. Better than the mines.”

Conditions:

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:29 am
Loose Canon

"Have you ever made magic weapons? Also any way we can do electric instead of fire?"

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:55 am
Profile WWW

"Thank you. I am not of the old religion - the church of the mons - and I mean no one any harm."

>Don the shirt. Sit beneath a small light in the town, in a quiet section unfrequented by people. It will take a long time (and years of travel, perhaps?) to note and understand the quintessential experiences of void.
>>Title the manuscript "Forty Verses On Denial", but make no further marks for now.
>>Focus the nullification inward on the self until some limit is reached. Does the effect linger on me? Is there a way to temporarily retain such a field?

Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:43 am

>Approach further. Can anything moving be seen in the woods? Any signs of strange creatures?

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"What were you mining?"

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 19)
Roll 19

"Have you ever made magic weapons? Also any way we can do electric instead of fire?"

Byrnolf: ”I’ve made magic weapons before, yes. As for electric, unfortunately I’m not too experienced with it. It’s weird stuff compared to the other magics, and has dangerous effects if you don’t properly control it. Well, most magic is like that, but electric more than others.”

Conditions:

Cut: 4/40 (Patched up)
Strength -3 => -0
Evasion -3 => -0

"Thank you. I am not of the old religion - the church of the mons - and I mean no one any harm."

You put on the hair shirt under your cotton shirt. It’s a prickly, irritating outfit that worsens when you move, and takes an effort to push to the back of your mind.
With the sun starting to dip under the horizon, you find a quiet place in town and sit under a lamp. On your first sheet of paper you write “Forty Verses On Denial” and leave it for now.

Next, you attempt to focus your nullification powers inward on yourself, trying to see if the effect lingers. It takes several minutes of concentration, but you reach a point where you figure out some of the workings of your ability, allowing you to create persistent nullification fields. It’s a strange feeling, like being completely cut off from the world despite what your senses tell you.

Conditions:

-Null Body: 4 (-4 Non-Negation Magic, +4 Magic Resistance)

Moving along the eastern bank of the eastern limb of the river, you get closer to the woods (and town) and try to find any sort of movement in the woods south of the fork, but nothing shows itself. You’re going to have to cross the river if you want to get a good look.

Conditions:

Full Stomach: 5/10
All stats +5

John: "Have you ever made magic weapons? Also any way we can do electric instead of fire?"

Byrnolf: ”I’ve made magic weapons before, yes. As for electric, unfortunately I’m not too experienced with it. It’s weird stuff compared to the other magics, and has dangerous effects if you don’t properly control it. Well, most magic is like that, but electric more than others.”

Conditions:

"What were you mining?"

Kalob: ”Iron ore. It’s not a big mine, there’re bigger mines up North of Vranhal.”

Conditions:

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:28 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Who was running the show? Who owned the mine?"

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:41 am

>Close my eyes. Is there any noticeable difference if I walk in and out of a field? Attempt to gain some sort of primitive sight for magic - detecting where it differs from the normal background.

If it takes a while, I can work at it over multiple turns.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:34 pm

>Are there any bridges? Or shallows that could be forded?

Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I know the basics of telepathy. I don't really have much doubts or questions, so we can start when you want."

Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:01 am
Loose Canon

"Let's get cracking. Hopefully not literally."
> Get metaphorically crackin.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:04 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 20)
Roll 20

P’orihc: "I know the basics of telepathy. I don't really have much doubts or questions, so we can start when you want."

"Let's get cracking. Hopefully not literally."

Byrnolf: ”Alright! First off, mana manipulation! Even if you use mana to fuel spells, you don’t come with any latent ability to project it out of your body. Probably because it’s difficult to make use of without artificial means, other than inserting mana into someone else to boost them or somethin’, but that’s like trying to remove the fat from your body and shove it down your buddy’s throat. Point is, it ain’t natural.
Anywho, it’s necessary for magical constructs, and a few other things, since you gotta have some way of powering your constructs, and leads up to other advanced techniques that we’ll cover later. Lupus shamans say that mana manipulation is a basic form of spirit magic, and they work with spirits a lot so let’s go with that.
As for the actual technique, it requires a careful, intentional observation of your mind when you’re casting. Pathic mages will get it a lot faster than others, due to the nature of their practices. What you gotta do is cast a spell like you normally would, but catch yourself before the mana pools into the actual spell. When you cast it normally feels like a sort of energetic jolt, and then a calm, calculated feeling. You have to stop yourself before the calm, and project the mana as-is.”

Brynolf gets up and retrieves two rough, pea-sized crystals from the cabinet in the back of the room and hands one to you and one to P’orihc.

Brynolf: ”Here, these are some crude mana stones, try putting some mana in them. I’ll take any questions right now, too.”

Conditions:

Cut: 2/40 (Patched up)
Strength -2 => -0
Evasion -2 => -0

You’ve attached a field to yourself and you’re not sure how to remove it, so you create a new one in a spot near you and close your eyes, trying to feel the changes in energy when moving in and out of the field. It’s difficult, to say the least, and probably doesn’t help that your negation is stronger than normal with the lingering effect of your first field-creation attempt.

But, you think you can feel something. It’s very faint, when crossing over the boundary between the nullified field and out of it. You’re not sure if what you’re feeling is magic (or a lack of), though, as there isn’t really any magic source around you, right?

And then, you see it. The lamp above your head. The light doesn’t flicker like a flame, but stays constant, unchanging. The light source inside appears to be a sort of crystal emitting light, instead of a burning wick. Does the light operate on magic? Maybe you could try sensing it.

Conditions:

-Null Body: 3 (-3 Non-Negation Magic, +3 Magic Resistance)

There aren’t any bridges from the looks of it. As for shallows, the night-time sky doesn’t offer a lot of light to judge any depth. The water is moving fast enough to be a hazard for a human trying to cross, but you’re a bit better than human.

Conditions:

Full Stomach: 4/10
All stats +4

"I know the basics of telepathy. I don't really have much doubts or questions, so we can start when you want."

John: "Let's get cracking. Hopefully not literally."

Byrnolf: ”Alright! First off, mana manipulation! Even if you use mana to fuel spells, you don’t come with any latent ability to project it out of your body. Probably because it’s difficult to make use of without artificial means, other than inserting mana into someone else to boost them or somethin’, but that’s like trying to remove the fat from your body and shove it down your buddy’s throat. Point is, it ain’t natural.
Anywho, it’s necessary for magical constructs, and a few other things, since you gotta have some way of powering your constructs, and leads up to other advanced techniques that we’ll cover later. Lupus shamans say that mana manipulation is a basic form of spirit magic, and they work with spirits a lot so let’s go with that.
As for the actual technique, it requires a careful, intentional observation of your mind when you’re casting. Pathic mages will get it a lot faster than others, due to the nature of their practices. What you gotta do is cast a spell like you normally would, but catch yourself before the mana pools into the actual spell. When you cast it normally feels like a sort of energetic jolt, and then a calm, calculated feeling. You have to stop yourself before the calm, and project the mana as-is.”

Brynolf gets up and retrieves two rough, pea-sized crystals from the cabinet in the back of the room and hands one to you and one to John.

Brynolf: ”Here, these are some crude mana stones, try putting some mana in them. I’ll take any questions right now, too.

[b]Conditions:

"Who was running the show? Who owned the mine?"

Kalob: ”I don’t remember, was a long time ago. If you’re so interested why don’t you go up there yourself?”

Conditions:

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:04 am

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 20)
>Wolf across the river, hoping that the currents are not too strong.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 257  Next