View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Looks like a pit straight to hell, now..."
> Send a Captivate light down into it, cause why not.


Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 2886
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Try my best to disguise my smug smile as a selfdeprecating smile.

"Heh. Sort of the opposite for me. It's the responsibility of those born without a damn thing to try and make something useful of themselves."

>When doorknocks are heard, walk up to the gate and knock once back, then speak loudly.

"Anyone alive in there? The envoys of Vranhal are at your door!"


Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1460
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
Stick around to see what all this knocking is about.


Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:20 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1384
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Yea' that's th' plan, jus' gotta hope i don't mess things up."


Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8152
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Looks like a pit straight to hell, now..."
> Send a Captivate light down into it, cause why not.

You send a Captivate light down into the pit, watching it descend until it's too far to be visible. It continues descending, and then finally stops.

500 meters, about.

ELE1: "That's where the Ensi came from, right? Bet you a gold someone's being sent down there later to investigate."

KIN2: "Keep your gold, not making a bet I know I'm losing."



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Try my best to disguise my smug smile as a selfdeprecating smile.

"Heh. Sort of the opposite for me. It's the responsibility of those born without a damn thing to try and make something useful of themselves."

>When doorknocks are heard, walk up to the gate and knock once back, then speak loudly.

"Anyone alive in there? The envoys of Vranhal are at your door!"


A female voice, maybe a chirop, shouts back.

???: "We're here! We had a situation earlier, but we're safe right now. How does it look out there?"



________________________________________

maart3n wrote:
Stick around to see what all this knocking is about.

A female voice on the other side, maybe human.

???: "Anyone alive in there? The envoys of Vranhal are at your door!"

Guard: "We're here! We had a situation earlier, but we're safe right now. How does it look out there?"



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
"Yea' that's th' plan, jus' gotta hope i don't mess things up."

Faren-Wuust: "Feel free to start whenever, we'll be ready. You deserve a bit of rest."


Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:36 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Honestly, if it's not full of witch hellions by then I wouldn't mind that job. Probably a lot of good AM salvage down there.
Unless the Ensi corrupted it all and it's a giant pile of garbage."


Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 2886
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Pause, glance at Amelia before responding to doorvoice.

"...We need to speak with your commanding officer. Open up."


Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1384
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Yea, good t' know you guys've got my back."

>Rest.


Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3230
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Scour this empty quarter and determine if it was empty from the beginning - or if everyone around was killed.


Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8152
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Honestly, if it's not full of witch hellions by then I wouldn't mind that job. Probably a lot of good AM salvage down there.
Unless the Ensi corrupted it all and it's a giant pile of garbage."

ELE1: "Could be useful information down there, recorded on ordinary materials. They had the Ensi contained, right? They would be expecting corruption. Record how they captured it in the first place, its weaknesses, things like that."

KIN1: "We'll find out later, let's go."

Your team continues on, soon reaching Vandolf and Monk at the edge of the forest.

ELE2: "Take the path and risk running into someone, or trudge through the forest?"



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Pause, glance at Amelia before responding to doorvoice.

"...We need to speak with your commanding officer. Open up."

???: "Wait, how do I know you're actually from Vranhal?"

Amelia: "I can burstcast this door down, if you want."

???: "Um, no, I'll just, open up."

A few seconds pass before the double doors start sliding into the wall with a faint sound of precision gears driving the retraction mechanisms.

You see two chirop standing in the dark, and then an armored chirop walks into view to greet you.

Armored Chirop: "Thank goodness you're the real deal.

We don't have a central command at the moment, we've split command between several squad leaders. I guess I'll get some to meet with you. Come on in, don't want to leave the door open."




________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
"Yea, good t' know you guys've got my back."

>Rest.

You let the visions of Grant and the temple fade into black, drifting off into a deeper sleep.

Tuhota: "I get some steaks too, right!?"

Horoma: "Only if you shut up, or I'll turn yours to cinders"

Horoma is in her doll form, flipping steaks on a metal cooking grate over a fire.

The sun is bright, and a cool wind gently blows across the tall, lush grass. Your party members are running around, engaged in mock combat or messing around experimenting with magic.


Miimas: "What the
HELL Kyeltziv!?"

You look at the ground in front of you, Tuhota writhing in pain in the grass. A giant messy cut tears itself wider in her chest, spilling blood as she ineffectively tries to push herself away from you.




________________________________________

TheKebbit wrote:
>Scour this empty quarter and determine if it was empty from the beginning - or if everyone around was killed.

You pick the closest building to start with. The door is locked, so you ram your armored shoulder into it, breaking whatever was keeping it locked, as well as busting the hinges. There feels like there's something behind it, so you pull the door outward and rest it against the building.

Stepping inside, your light reveals a family of chirop, most of them huddled in a corner. The only one standing is in front of them, aiming a palm at you.


Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:14 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"There's no room for messing this up, we've got a major problem if they learn we're coming. Through the forest."


Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 am
Profile WWW
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 2886
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Walk in. Make note of how the door mechanism is activated, in case I have to make a quick escape. Size up the soldier and the other two.

>As soon as the armorchirop fetches someone who seems to be in charge, engage questioning monologue. In fact, grab them by the shoulder, look them in the eye and lower my voice.

"You. What I am about to tell you impacts the safety of Vranhal and her people, as well as that of everyone in this cave. Do NOT disclose it to civilians. We do not need a mass panic."

>Move whoever it is aside, hopefully out of earshot of the others.

"Several hours ago, we lost communications with both shelters and the city. Scouting indicates the area is under attack by a group of witch-like entities, and at least one wing of this facility has been compromised. Standard weaponry has proven ineffective against the threat, and you might need to consider relocating to safer ground.

I need to know - no, Vranhal needs to know- how many civilians are being kept here, what is the strength of your forces, and if there are any alternate exits to these tunnels. In fact, we need the layout of the entire cave system. Lord Elizabeth Hopluit is willing to mobilize the entire military might of our city-state in defense of the citizens of Magusalto, but we WILL need your cooperation. Is that clear?"


/bluff


Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1384
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
No... What did I... She was a... I had no choice... Right?... I didn't... I had to... I had to...


Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4766
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Careful, though. If we get into a fight in the forest, it could alert them all the same."

> Proceed with the group.


Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:19 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 8152
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"There's no room for messing this up, we've got a major problem if they learn we're coming. Through the forest."

CrazyMLC wrote:
"Careful, though. If we get into a fight in the forest, it could alert them all the same."

> Proceed with the group.

Your group enters the forest, travelling cautiously in the dark. The telepaths provide vision with some sort of telepathic overlay, not sure how they're actually getting the information though.

The team makes decent progress despite the difficulties of moving through the dense plant growth, until a halt command is given.

SAN: Contact. Single unit, anti-magic present.

ELE1: Got a visual, unknown creature.

The creature appears in everyone's vision, standing some distance ahead among the trees and shrubbery. A humanoid roughly twice the height of a person, wearing black glassy armor with a large grey cloak on top. Its head looks like a crystalline structure with a smooth face, two slits for eyes, and three short horns jutting out the back of its head.

KIN1: Medium-order witch, unknown variant. Expect anything.



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Walk in. Make note of how the door mechanism is activated, in case I have to make a quick escape. Size up the soldier and the other two.

After walking in, you watch the armored chirop walk off into a side passage in the wall of the cavern. A few seconds later and the doors begin sliding shut - must be a control system in there. The guard then heads to fetch someone in command while the two civilians head back towards the massive town that fills most of the cavern.

The guard soon returns with another chirop, this one in a black and white cloak.

Areku wrote:
>As soon as the armorchirop fetches someone who seems to be in charge, engage questioning monologue. In fact, grab them by the shoulder, look them in the eye and lower my voice.

"You. What I am about to tell you impacts the safety of Vranhal and her people, as well as that of everyone in this cave. Do NOT disclose it to civilians. We do not need a mass panic."

>Move whoever it is aside, hopefully out of earshot of the others.

"Several hours ago, we lost communications with both shelters and the city. Scouting indicates the area is under attack by a group of witch-like entities, and at least one wing of this facility has been compromised. Standard weaponry has proven ineffective against the threat, and you might need to consider relocating to safer ground.

I need to know - no, Vranhal needs to know- how many civilians are being kept here, what is the strength of your forces, and if there are any alternate exits to these tunnels. In fact, we need the layout of the entire cave system. Lord Elizabeth Hopluit is willing to mobilize the entire military might of our city-state in defense of the citizens of Magusalto, but we WILL need your cooperation. Is that clear?"


/bluff

The chirop takes a couple seconds to process everything.

Cloaked Chirop: "Each shelter is supposed to contain roughly one hundred twenty thousand civilians each, about twenty thousand in this section. Hastae units in this section approximately a hundred, total there should be roughly two thousand assuming zero casualties. We have three other exits in this section.

What else do you need to know?"




________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
No... What did I... She was a... I had no choice... Right?... I didn't... I had to... I had to...

A horrible tearing sound, and a bloody brass catbell is in your hand. Night falls upon the land and none of your friends are in sight.

Your eyes are glued to the bell as it rings in a cacophony of off-key notes, blending them into distorted screaming. White ribbons sprout from the bell, wrapping around you.


Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:59 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Areku


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.031s | 18 Queries | GZIP : Off ]