View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 15)
Roll 15

Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human

"...I know?"

P’orihc: "Is it possible for you to teach me magic?"

???: ”There we go, this guy get it! You don’t come into a magic lamp shop and ask to bend metal or heat glass, no, you come to make magic! I can teach you guys how to make constructs and a bit of fire and light magic, you guys make a few for the shop as payment for my services, how’s that sound?”

A chirop randomly bursts into the shop, dressed exactly like you and P’orihc.

Ki’stha: "You two! What are you doing here?"

???: ”Hey, there’s another one dressed like you guys!”

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 8/40 (Patched up)
Strength -7 => -3
Evasion -7 => -3

Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)

You purchase 4 barrels and carefully stack them in the cart before returning to the pile of stone by the road. Waiting for you is Swordsman 2 from a few hours ago. He has another wooden cart, this one full of sand. A shovel along with some pieces of scrap wood, rope, and a large empty barrel are beside him as well.

Swordsman 2: ”Ey there, we can mix the pitch an’ sand in this barrel here, start layin’ it down and applying cobble. Stamp it flat with some of these boards.”

You take one of the barrels of pitch and begin to pour some of it as Swordsman 2 shovels in sand. The mixture is stirred with a long thin plank, poured down on the dirt road, smoothed with wooden boards, and then covered with stones. The two of you begin stamping flat the road, and it’s ready to sit and dry in no time. The process is repeated once more, depleting the rest of the pitch barrel.

Swordsman 2: ”We’re gonna need a lot more pitch an’ sand an’ stone to finish the road, but it’s progress.”

Swordsman 1 and Archer head over from down the dirt road, both of them with hoes, and Wolf arrives from town. Archer hands Wolf some copper coins.

Archer: ”Four parties.”

Wolf then proceeds to explain a plan: The success of your group’s endeavour depends on tracking down and capturing a powerful creature from the southern woods, preferably alive. Wolf will be leaving immediately to accomplish the goal. Anyone who would like to accompany him can do so, though it’ll be a dangerous and harsh task. Those who remain can cobble the road and manage the toll for the time being.

Swordsman 1: ”Uh, you don’t mean like one of those old corrupted beasts, do you? There’s a reason why that area is uninhabited, those things can tear apart ten men in the blink of an eye.”

Archer: ”They can also use magic.”

Swordsman 2: ”I think we all should work on the road a bit more, boss, you too, get some more numbers. Those beasts aren’t the kinds of things you wanna be facing unless you’re decked out in magic armor and weapons.”

Conditions:

Name: Wolf (Areku)
Race: Lupus

You return to the spot where you dropped off the load of stone to find all of your workers ready for your instructions. Archer hands you 12 coppers.

Archer: ”Four parties.”

You then explain the plan to them: The success of your group’s endeavour depends on tracking down and capturing a powerful creature from the southern woods, preferably alive. You will be leaving immediately to accomplish the goal. Anyone who would like to accompany you can do so, though it’ll be a dangerous and harsh task. Those who remain can cobble the road and manage the toll for the time being.

Swordsman 1: ”Uh, you don’t mean like one of those old corrupted beasts, do you? There’s a reason why that area is uninhabited, those things can tear apart ten men in the blink of an eye.”

Archer: ”They can also use magic.”

Swordsman 2: ”I think we all should work on the road a bit more, boss, you too, get some more numbers. Those beasts aren’t the kinds of things you wanna be facing unless you’re decked out in magic armor and weapons.”

Conditions:
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2

Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop

John: "...I know?"

"Is it possible for you to teach me magic?"

???: ”There we go, this guy get it! You don’t come into a magic lamp shop and ask to bend metal or heat glass, no, you come to make magic! I can teach you guys how to make constructs and a bit of fire and light magic, you guys make a few for the shop as payment for my services, how’s that sound?”

A chirop randomly bursts into the shop, dressed exactly like you and John.

Ki’stha: "You two! What are you doing here?"

???: ”Hey, there’s another one dressed like you guys!”

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8

Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)

You burst into the shop, with the two talking to a man behind the counter.

"You two! What are you doing here?"

??? (Man behind counter): ”Hey, there’s another one dressed like you guys!”

Conditions:

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:34 am

>Nod gravely.

"Today, we work."

>Help lay the cobbles, return to the quarry to get some more when we're halfway through our supplies.
>On the way, pass by a blacksmith to see if SHOVEL can be turned into a proper shovel. Possibly with an axe attachment on the back, since it'll be sorely needed in the coming days.
>Also acquire a torch and cheap dark fabric cape or cloak.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:43 am
Profile WWW

>Assist with cobbling the road, managing the toll and greeting travelers.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Getting to learn and practice, you get help with your shop. Sounds like a deal to me! Where do we start sir?"

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:24 am
Loose Canon

"Done deal, let's get cracking."
> MAKE SOME LAMPS

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"You're making lamps?"

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 16)
Roll 16

P’orihc: "Getting to learn and practice, you get help with your shop. Sounds like a deal to me! Where do we start sir?"

"Done deal, let's get cracking."

???: ”Good, good! Name’s Byrnolf Valaisin Eitulta, just call me Byrnolf. You folks can get started through that door to the right, my assistant Kalob should be in there working on some metal bits. I’ll be with you in a second.”

Ki’stha: "You're making lamps?"

Byrnolf: ”Not JUST lamps, O bat-ears! Flameless magic lamps! Interested in a particular one? Or are you with these fellows and you’re looking to make some as well?”

Conditions:

Cut: 8/40 (Patched up)
Strength -6 => -2
Evasion -6 => -2

Wolf nods gravely.

Wolf: ”Today, we work.”

Road continues as so with more hands mixing mortar and laying stone, as the cleared dirt road far exceeds that of the cobbled one. When the stone supply reaches about half of its original amount, Wolf leaves to retrieve more, coming back with the cart full of stone as well as a black cloak, a torch, and a beefy shovel.

Toll collection has reached 27 coppers, and the pitch has run out.

Swordsman 1: ”Ey boss, mind if we all get another pay of 5 coppers? I’m hungry for some grub.”

Conditions:

You nod gravely.

”Today, we work.”

Sand and pitch are mixed into a dedicated mixing barrel, poured on to the bare dirt, and then smoothed with a wooden board. Stones are then placed on the mortar and stamped down with boards tied to your assistants’ feet. The process is repeated several times until your supply of stone is about halfway empty, where you take your queue to take a wooden cart back to the quarry. On the way, you purchase a black cloak, a torch, and drop off the damaged halberd off at a blacksmith’s for it to be made into a proper shovel with an axe feature as well. It eats all of your 17 copper, most of it going to pay the smith.

Reaching the quarry, you refill your cart full of stone, and passing by the blacksmith again on the way back to the road you claim your freshly reforged item.

Your brand new SHOVEL AXE looks like a shovel with a beefy blade, with all edges of it sharp as an axe and thick enough to take impacts. The original halberd pole handle gives it enough length to be still used as a polearm.

Once you get back to the road work site, you drop off the stone. Toll collection has reached 27 coppers, and the pitch has run out.

Swordsman 1: ”Ey boss, mind if we all get another pay of 5 coppers? I’m hungry for some grub.”

Conditions:

"Getting to learn and practice, you get help with your shop. Sounds like a deal to me! Where do we start sir?"

John: "Done deal, let's get cracking."

???: ”Good, good! Name’s Byrnolf Valaisin Eitulta, just call me Byrnolf. You folks can get started through that door to the right, my assistant Kalob should be in there working on some metal bits. I’ll be with you in a second.”

Ki’stha: "You're making lamps?"

Byrnolf: ”Not JUST lamps, O bat-ears! Flameless magic lamps! Interested in a particular one? Or are you with these fellows and you’re looking to make some as well?”

Conditions:

P’orihc: "Getting to learn and practice, you get help with your shop. Sounds like a deal to me! Where do we start sir?"

John: "Done deal, let's get cracking."

"You're making lamps?"

Conditions:

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:33 pm

>Nod gravely.

"Your share of the kill."

>Distribute the copper, then take what's left and go find myself somewhere to eat as well. Inquire around town about lodgings for the night, and their price.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

> Head there and await further instructions.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:09 am

>If my share of the profit amounts to seven copper, return to town and purchase pen, ink and paper. If not, work another spell clearing the dirt road, seeing as there is no more pitch.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:14 am
Loose Canon

> Head in, examine everything furiously. Magic and smithing are two of my favorite things.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"I know these two, and I'm actually pretty good with magic myself. What do you use for light?"

Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 17)
Roll 17

The two of you head through the door and take in your surroundings. The room, larger than the front of the store, seems to be broken down into four main sections.

The left wall has a furnace with a multitude of metal smithing and glass shaping tools nearby. Here you can see a young boy, maybe 12 or so, with a pair of earmuffs on and wielding hammer and a pair of tongs. He has a piece of metal in the metal grips, placing it in and out of the furnace before carefully hammering it into some shape against an anvil and then repeating the process.

The back of the room has shelves and crates of supplies, such as scrap metal and ores, sand, odd glass pieces like broken fragments and bottles, and a large cabinet with an expansive array of drawers.

The right wall has a work table with a smooth, flat surface, with a large number of tools on top and a bunch of stools underneath. There’s also a door in the corner, with a sign reading “Storage” tacked on.

The center of the room seems to be a table for completed works, where you see several glass orbs with intricate line designs inside.

Soon enough, Byrnolf joins the three of you in the room, and shouts to the boy at the furnace.

Byrnolf: ”HEY KALOB! I’M TRAINING THESE FELLOWS HERE, GO MAN THE COUNTER!”

Kalob: ”YES SIR!”

The boy carefully places the his metal work on the anvil and removes his earmuffs and apron before heading back to the store’s display room.

Byrnolf: ”Good hard worker, he is. Got a knack for magic, too. Anyways, first things first, let’s figure out what you guys already know.”

Pulling out three stools from underneath the work table, Byrnolf takes a seat and gestures for the two of you to do the same.

Byrnolf: ”So, how much magic do you guys already know?”

Conditions:

Cut: 5/40 (Patched up)
Strength -5 => -1
Evasion -5 => -1

Wolf nods.

Wolf: "Your share of the kill."

Wolf hands each of you 5 coppers and then heads off into town. Looks like that’s it for the day.

Archer hands his coins to Swordsman 1 and flips an empty pitch barrel upside-down to sit on.

Archer: ”Buy me something decent. I’ll collect toll, we can do rotations throughout the night. Won’t be many travelers, but some is better than nothing.”

Swordsman 1: ”Sounds good, I’ll grab you somethin’ tasty.”

The swordsmen pair head off. Counting your money, you’ve reached a sum of 7 coins, and you take a trip around town to find an inkpot, quill, and some cheap paper. All three are found in the same shop, and after you leave with your purchase, you think about where you’ll be staying for the night. Passing by one of the numerous clothes shops, something catches your eye: On the back shelf of the shop, you see a rough garment, kept a fair distance away from the other clothing. Could it perhaps be a hair shirt?

Conditions:

You nod gravely.

"Your share of the kill."

You take the remaining copper, 7 coins, and look for some place to eat. The mead tavern doesn’t seem like a bad idea, so you head over to the place. There are tables full of people eating and the bar full of people drinking, seems like a good place for grub. A quick inquiry tells you 5 copper for a full meal, drink not included, and another 5 for a nightly stay. “Cheapest sleep that’s off the street” means you’ll probably be on the streets if you want to eat.

Conditions:

The two of you head through the door and take in your surroundings. The room, larger than the front of the store, seems to be broken down into four main sections.

The left wall has a furnace with a multitude of metal smithing and glass shaping tools nearby. Here you can see a young boy, maybe 12 or so, with a pair of earmuffs on and wielding hammer and a pair of tongs. He has a piece of metal in the metal grips, placing it in and out of the furnace before carefully hammering it into some shape against an anvil and then repeating the process.

The back of the room has shelves and crates of supplies, such as scrap metal and ores, sand, odd glass pieces like broken fragments and bottles, and a large cabinet with an expansive array of drawers.

The right wall has a work table with a smooth, flat surface, with a large number of tools on top and a bunch of stools underneath. There’s also a door in the corner, with a sign reading “Storage” tacked on.

The center of the room seems to be a table for completed works, where you see several glass orbs with intricate line designs inside.

Soon enough, Byrnolf joins the three of you in the room, and shouts to the boy at the furnace.

Byrnolf: ”HEY KALOB! I’M TRAINING THESE FELLOWS HERE, GO MAN THE COUNTER!”

Kalob: ”YES SIR!”

The boy carefully places the his metal work on the anvil and removes his earmuffs and apron before heading back to the store’s display room.

Byrnolf: ”Good hard worker, he is. Got a knack for magic, too. Anyways, first things first, let’s figure out what you guys already know.”

Pulling out three stools from underneath the work table, Byrnolf takes a seat and gestures for the two of you to do the same.

Byrnolf: ”So, how much magic do you guys already know?”

Conditions:

John and P’orihc head into the back room.

"I know these two, and I'm actually pretty good with magic myself. What do you use for light?"

Byrnolf: ”MAGIC. Of the light variety, that is. Anywho, I’ll be training up these fellows, feel free to come if you want to learn. Though, you’ll have to make a few lamps for the shop as payment.”

He heads through the door, briefly shouting before a small boy comes out, about the age of 12, and mans the counter. The boy has dark, short ruffled hair and a bit of soot on his face.

Kalob: ”Welcome to Eitulta’s Lamps, how may I help you?”

Conditions:

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:08 pm
Loose Canon

"I've got Kinetic and a basic understanding of magic tools."
> Make a Kinetic orb to show him.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

>Approach the proprietor of the clothing store.
"What would you let the hair shirt go for? Yes, that one in the corner."

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 257  Next