View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 am



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am
Posts: 6211
Location: In your office, earning your salary.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 5)
"I've no idea where am I, or who you guys are. But given that you haven't attempted to rob me or attack me, I don't see why following you would be worse than staying alone. I'm P'orihc, by the way."

> Join the group.


Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4500
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 5)
>Remove cotton shirt.
"Wolves need no armor."
>Look at strange bat creature.
"Oh look. Fresh meat."


Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 6)
Roll 6



Name: John Freemaneth
Race: Human
____________________

Kleigg: "Come with us, Chirop."

"You too, huh? Name's John. We woke up in the middle of a field too."

P’orihc: "I've no idea where am I, or who you guys are. But given that you haven't attempted to rob me or attack me, I don't see why following you would be worse than staying alone. I'm P'orihc, by the way."

Wolf removes his shirt, mumbling something about wolves not needing armor, before looking at the newcomer.

Wolf: "Oh look. Fresh meat."

Your party, now consisting of four, continues its journey towards Mead.

Making use of travel time, you decide to experiment with some magic. Aiming your palm in a safe direction, you let loose a light concussive blast of kinetic energy without the containment of your Kinetic bolts. A painful shock hits your hand, due to the uncontained energy being released without any sort of control. You could probably tweak it a bit to get a more controlled, focused blast.

Before you get the time for that, your party finds itself at the edge of a large town with a fair number of people moving about the streets.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 3/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 16/40 (Patched up)
Strength -16 => -12
Evasion -16 => -12



Name: Kleigg
Race: Human
____________________

"Come with us, Chirop."

John: "You too, huh? Name's John. We woke up in the middle of a field too."

P’orihc: "I've no idea where am I, or who you guys are. But given that you haven't attempted to rob me or attack me, I don't see why following you would be worse than staying alone. I'm P'orihc, by the way."

Wolf removes his shirt, mumbling something about wolves not needing armor, before looking at the newcomer.

Wolf: "Oh look. Fresh meat."

As your party, now consisting of four, continues towards Mead, you reminisce on your past.

A sickness sweeping the village. Many children and elderly afflicted, and you as well, being moved into an isolated building for “containment and treatment.” Skilled healers were helping one after the other, and a person left the building every few minutes in full health. You were the last. While the healers spent mere minutes on a patient, they were at your side for hours, which slowly crept on to days. Something about “interference” making their magic not work. The day led on to a week, until your body managed to dispose of the pathogens by itself. Unlucky and lucky, they said. Unlucky that you were unable to receive treatment, and lucky that you endured and recovered from an illness that would kill in a couple of days.

By the time your memory ends, your party finds itself at the edge of a large town with a fair number of people moving about the streets.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 3/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3



Name: Wolf
Race: Lupus
____________________

Kleigg: "Come with us, Chirop."

John: "You too, huh? Name's John. We woke up in the middle of a field too."

P’orihc: "I've no idea where am I, or who you guys are. But given that you haven't attempted to rob me or attack me, I don't see why following you would be worse than staying alone. I'm P'orihc, by the way."

You remove your shirt.

”Wolves need no armor.”

Then look at the bat creature.

"Oh look. Fresh meat."

Your party of four continues North, with Kleigg seemingly lost in his thoughts and John experimenting with kinetic blasts. Not too much later, your party finds itself at the edge of a large town with a fair number of people moving about the streets.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 3/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2



Name: P’orihc
Race: Chirop
____________________

Kleigg: "Come with us, Chirop."

John: "You too, huh? Name's John. We woke up in the middle of a field too."

"I've no idea where am I, or who you guys are. But given that you haven't attempted to rob me or attack me, I don't see why following you would be worse than staying alone. I'm P'orihc, by the way."

The lupus removes his shirt, mumbling something about wolves not needing armor, before looking at you.

Wolf: "Oh look. Fresh meat."

Your party of four heads North, with Kleigg seemingly lost in his thoughts and John experimenting with kinetic blasts. Not too much later, your party finds itself at the edge of a large town with a fair number of people moving about the streets.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2


Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3783
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 6)
>Look for a monastery or shrine of some kind. Is there a sexton or other official who maintains the site? Does the sexton need an assistant?


Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:08 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 6)
Code:
Name: Ki'stha
Race: Chirop
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2
Strength: 1
Arcane: 9
Aim: 6
Evasion: 8
Will: 2
Speed: 1
Ability: Lightning


Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4500
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 6)
>Procure mead hall. Obtain mead. Taste.


Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am
Posts: 6211
Location: In your office, earning your salary.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 6)
> Look for a library or other place where knowledge can be found.


Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:46 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 6)
> Find somewhere that looks like they have magic.


Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 7)
More rules updated (conditions)!
Magic abilities a bit more descriptive!



Roll 7



Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human
____________________

You split from the group and look around town for a place that might have magic-y things. Food stalls, a blacksmith’s, a peddler’s shop (now that you think about it, you’ve been walking around bare-foot), clothes shop, and several miscellaneous shops. Finally, you stop at what look like a library, a stone building with wooden sign with a book painted on it planted above the door.The newcomer P’orihc in front of the entrance as well.

Books have knowledge, and magic is knowledge. Maybe this has what you’re looking for?
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 15/40 (Patched up)
Strength -15 => -11
Evasion -15 => -11



Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)
Race: Human
____________________

You split from the group, searching the town for some sort of monastery or shrine. It takes a while, but you find a building that looks promising… If it weren’t for the fact that it’s partially collapsed. The medium-sized structure has a weathered look with only a third of the roof held off the ground, but the arc of the main entrance is intact, at least, and even a pair of sturdy wooden double-doors that are mostly in the frame. Above the doorway is an emblem of some sort, a circle with seven teardrops around it. A sun?

The people who walk by give you strange looks, and seem to hasten their pace when you look back.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3



Name: Wolf (Areku)
Race: Lupus
____________________

You came to Mead, so you want Mead. You split from the group and head into the nearest tavern, which already has a few people at tables and the bar drinking down tin mugs of the beverage you’re looking for. Heading over to the counter, you ask the barman for your own mug of mead.

Barman: ”Mead comes after the money. 3 Coppers a mug.”
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2



Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop
____________________

You split from the group, deciding to search for a library of some sort. It doesn’t take long until you’re at the entrance of a single-story stone building, a wooden sign with a book painted on it planted above the door. John happens to be in front of the entrance as well, as if you took different paths to find the same thing.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2



Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)
Race: Chirop
____________________

You wake up from your pleasant slumber to find yourself in a pile of straw and the smell of manure in the air. You seem to be in a barnhouse with some diminutive horses. Donkeys, probably. A man is prodding you with the grip-end of a pitch fork.

???: ”Hey now, I can’t have you sleepin’ in here. One beggar sees you an’ the place’ll be full of ‘em. Go on, get. ”
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2


Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:02 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am
Posts: 6211
Location: In your office, earning your salary.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 7)
"Hello there John! I don't need to read your mind to see that you are looking for the same thing as me, more magic knowledge. I noticed you practicing some kinetic orbs earlier during our travel, an interesting branch. As you might guess, I'd like to strengthen my telepathic knowledge, but I'll gladly take anything I can learn from this place, after all, it's a library so I doubt we'll find the kind of spells that incinerate hundreds and win wars."

> Head inside, find a librarian and ask if there are books from which spells could be learnt.


Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3783
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 7)
>Enter and inspect the ruin.


Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:25 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 7)
"Indeed. Though I'll probably stick with kinetic magic for now, I'm aiming to become a warrior-mage. Though I may want some Pathic as well, for... Utility. Maybe I should learn some fire while I'm at it. Never a bad idea to have some raw elemental punch."
> Enter as well, find some books on fire and kinetic magic.


Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4500
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 7)
>Grumble. Return to the road.

>Set up a toll. 3 copper per group.


Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 7)
"I'm up I'm up! Can't a guy get a little sleep?"
> Climb out of the straw


Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 8)
Roll 8



Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human
____________________

P’orihc: "Hello there John! I don't need to read your mind to see that you are looking for the same thing as me, more magic knowledge. I noticed you practicing some kinetic orbs earlier during our travel, an interesting branch. As you might guess, I'd like to strengthen my telepathic knowledge, but I'll gladly take anything I can learn from this place, after all, it's a library so I doubt we'll find the kind of spells that incinerate hundreds and win wars."

"Indeed. Though I'll probably stick with kinetic magic for now, I'm aiming to become a warrior-mage. Though I may want some Pathic as well, for... Utility. Maybe I should learn some fire while I'm at it. Never a bad idea to have some raw elemental punch."

The two of you head through the door. The first thing you notice are the windows in the ceiling, letting in large amounts of light to illuminate the rows of bookshelves and the occasional table with chairs.

The second thing you notice are the voices. You don’t quite hear them with your ears, but they slip into your mind with pleasant but indistinct chatter, many voices of seemingly the same person speaking over each other. There are snippets of images and scents here and there, but are too flitting to get a good grasp of what they are.

Turning to the left, there’s a young woman sitting at a counter reading. She has light skin and dark hair, and looks to be on the frail side. When she looks up from her book to face you, the strange sounds and images and scents in your mind disappear.

???: ”Hello, welcome.”

Her voice is soft and friendly, maybe a bit shy, and perfectly matches the phantom voices.

P’orihc inquires the woman about books that may have spells and the such to be gleaned from. She points to the back left of the library with a slender arm.

???: ”All the way in the back, left-most shelf. We only have a handful, and I can’t say you’ll be getting much from them.”
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 14/40 (Patched up)
Strength -14 => -10
Evasion -14=> -10



Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)
Race: Human
____________________

You carefully push through the double doors and enter the ruin.

With most of the roof gone, there’s plenty of light shining it. All of the stained glass windows are shattered. Most of the benches look burnt, others crushed under debris. Walking over to the Altar, you see the podium where one would speak to the congregation, and there are the remains of an opened book, the pages in ashes.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3



Name: Wolf (Areku)
Race: Lupus
____________________

You head back to the same road you took into town and wait a bit aways from Mead.

And wait.

And then wait some more.






Toll stations take patience.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 5/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2



Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop
____________________

"Hello there John! I don't need to read your mind to see that you are looking for the same thing as me, more magic knowledge. I noticed you practicing some kinetic orbs earlier during our travel, an interesting branch. As you might guess, I'd like to strengthen my telepathic knowledge, but I'll gladly take anything I can learn from this place, after all, it's a library so I doubt we'll find the kind of spells that incinerate hundreds and win wars."

John: "Indeed. Though I'll probably stick with kinetic magic for now, I'm aiming to become a warrior-mage. Though I may want some Pathic as well, for... Utility. Maybe I should learn some fire while I'm at it. Never a bad idea to have some raw elemental punch."

The two of you head through the door. The first thing you notice are the windows in the ceiling, letting in large amounts of light to illuminate the rows of bookshelves and the occasional table with chairs.

The second thing you notice are the voices. You don’t quite hear them with your ears, but they slip into your mind with pleasant but indistinct chatter, many voices of seemingly the same person speaking over each other. There are snippets of images and scents here and there, but are too flitting to get a good grasp of what they are.

The telepathic messages - that’s what you believe they are - aren’t harmful or too intrusive. You think this might be one of those rare instances of… What was it called? Unconscious Telepathic Broadcasting, something like that. A quirk found in a handful of naturally gifted telepaths. You thought the books exaggerated the condition, but they seem pretty spot-on in this case.

Turning to the left, there’s a young woman sitting at a counter reading. She has light skin and dark hair, and looks to be on the frail side. When she looks up from her book to face you, the strange sounds and images and scents in your mind disappear.

???: ”Hello, welcome.”

Her voice is soft and friendly, maybe a bit shy, and perfectly matches the phantom voices.

You inquire the woman about books that may have spells and the such to be gleaned from. She points to the back left of the library with a slender arm.

???: ”All the way in the back, left-most shelf. We only have a handful, and I can’t say you’ll be getting much from them.”
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2



Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)
Race: Chirop
____________________

"I'm up I'm up! Can't a guy get a little sleep?"

You pull yourself up and out of the straw and then you’re herded out of the barn. Looks like you’re on a farm at the edge of a fairly sizable town.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2


Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.053s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]