View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:44 am



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11841
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Head to the mail center.
Glare at the flying coffins. Improvements or not, I don't trust this express ticket to hell.

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Mail center ahoy! Hopefully the trip doesn't ding the suit too badly.

The team leaves the capital building and heads to the mail center - a building with a large walled area adjacent to it. The gate is open, and walking in, you see the familiar war machines sitting idle, waiting to send you on a one-way trip into the ground.

An array of of the improved human-delivery containers are sitting to the side while workers tend to the ballistae, making sure they're sighted and all the right knobs and levers are turned the right way.

One of them, a lean man with short hair, a bit of stubble, and the grin of a madman, comes to greet you.

Kark: "Alright, I hope none of you ate!"


________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>More running, wonder what anyone watching would make of me.
>How's kuori taking all this FAST.

You do more running. You think you improved your Agility!

Kuori seems to be barely clinging on, she wasn't the strongest doll built and she has a fairly weak regenerating mana stone.

And by "barely clinging on", she just fell and tumbled in the tall grass for a bit. Halting your running, you can't really see her, but there's a void of grass slowly moving around, somewhat towards you.


________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>We now have a numeric advantage.

>2 mages just shot it with big fireballs, and we have a third ready. I am unscathed. We could kill it.

>Grit teeth, clench fists. Discretion is the better part of valor. Don't go around getting yourself killed. Not yet.



I'M COMING. WHATEVER.

>Make sure Kazooie is still on my back, sprint towards the mages, then towards the eastern end of the city. We might be able to leave before it gets up again.

After making sure Kazooie is still on your back, you sprint towards the mages and run with them towards the eastern edge of the city, with Kazooie launching another fireball behind.

Thankfully, you didn't make it very far into the city in the first place, and quickly reach the eastern edge and start heading into the fields.

Ethan: "Great, let's head back to Vran before that thing tries to catch up."

Amelia: "Did you see that? It looked like Infidi!"

Kazooie: "Small Ensi, very danger. More run."

Ethan: "Why do you have a- whatever, let's get out of here."


________________________________________

TheKebbit wrote:
"Interesting. Well, then, may I pass you? I must go deeper, and I am sure you have much to do."

???: "Of course. Please, do as you wish."

The creature performs another curtsy before walking away out of sight, an explosion sounding out a few seconds later in the direction it went.


Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:43 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"We're not gonna die this time, right?"


Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
No! Not my bananas!

> Look towards the people in Elizabeth's room that had taken snacks from the maid. Metabolize so any food I ate can't be, uh, ejected from my stomach.


Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5027
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Deadpan.

"I looted it."

>Double time. With some luck we can get back to the Lord and return to scout the NE base before too much time passes.


Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1479
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Wait for her to get back to me.
>Kneel down, put arm out, as to let her climb back up.


Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11841
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
CrazyMLC wrote:
No! Not my bananas!

> Look towards the people in Elizabeth's room that had taken snacks from the maid. Metabolize so any food I ate can't be, uh, ejected from my stomach.

After looking at the other people who had snacks, you quickly metabolize your bananas and other foods to clear your digestive tract.
TorrentHKU wrote:
"We're not gonna die this time, right?"

Kark: "Don't worry, it's a lot safer now! More gradual launch acceleration, and for landing, kinetic deceleration and crush zones for safe landing.

Anything you need to do before launch? No turning back once you're in the air."



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Deadpan.

"I looted it."

>Double time. With some luck we can get back to the Lord and return to scout the NE base before too much time passes.

Ethan: "Right."

Your team legs it back to the riverbank, though Kazooie hops out of your backpack and scampers away.

Amelia: "Probably not best to have it come into Vranhal anyways."

A minute later and the ferry arrives, ready to take you to the other side.


________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>Wait for her to get back to me.
>Kneel down, put arm out, as to let her climb back up.

You stand still, waiting for the turtle to clumsily navigate the tall grass until she reaches you. Putting your arm out, she grabs on and you lift her back on to your shoulder.

Hmm. Wonder if there's a way to make her combat capable.


Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:51 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1479
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>A crossbow? if she has the strength to draw one. An autocaster? but she has poor mana regeneration. Something to think on.
>Anyway, head back to vran.


Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5027
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Make a mental note to retrieve my loot once I leave the city.

>Take the ferry. Once we're on the other side, head straight to the Lord's office.


"So. Where were you two after bringing me to the city? Was worried the thing that got me mighta taken you out or something."


Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Nothing I've got time for. Let's ride."


Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11841
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
Amazigh wrote:
>A crossbow? if she has the strength to draw one. An autocaster? but she has poor mana regeneration. Something to think on.
>Anyway, head back to vran.

Maybe she could get one of those crank crossbows. A windlass? Something like that.

You head back to Vran for now.


It's still night, and not a lot of activity, other than the larger-than-normal number of guards on the wall and several divisions here and there, ready in an instant if something were to happen.

Hmm, you haven't slept in a while. Maybe you could do that.


________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Make a mental note to retrieve my loot once I leave the city.

>Take the ferry. Once we're on the other side, head straight to the Lord's office.


"So. Where were you two after bringing me to the city? Was worried the thing that got me mighta taken you out or something."

The three of you take the ferry, quickly crossing the river, and then walking through the port and into Vranhal.

Ethan: "Uh. If you mean the thing that 'got you' as in the rotting witch core, those don't exactly move to be able to take anyone out. Unless if you, like, walk right up to it."

Amelia: "We're fine, we didn't run into any Infidi either until we found you in Magusalto."

Before you know it, you're inside the capital building, walking past the little armored girl and other guards, and enter the lord's office. She's there as usual, with her maid and the armored lupus.


________________________________________

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Nothing I've got time for. Let's ride."

Kark: "Alright, load 'em up!"

The crates are loaded into the ballistae, while the operators make final adjustments.

Kark: "We can launch half of you in the first volley, then the other half in the next. It'll be about five, maybe ten minutes between landings. First group should make sure the area is clear of hostiles before the second lands. Judith doesn't have a good sight of the LZ, so be prepared for anything.

So, who's in first?"


6 Black Mages
2 Blue
Sanoa + Torrent
Monk
Vandolf
John
Horoma
Miimas

Looks like you have 14 total. Might wanna ask names later, or not. Doesn't really matter, right?



Sanoa: "I'll go first, scan the area with telepathy."

Black Mage 1: "I'll be first, too."


Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:33 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Lead with the sturdy ones, and blitz anyone or thing waiting there. Me, Vandolf, Monk, Sanoa, and three Black mages."


Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:42 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5027
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Activate unrequested Sei monologue.

"All the chirop guards are dead. No signs of civilians. Found someone who looked like the, uh... Infidi? Of the Caelum faith. Witch said it was an Ensi.

Seemed not hostile, then pulled out a handheld lamp. Witch and mages got twitchy and shot it with fireballs. Seemed to scare it off.

Oh, also. All the bodies in the city were slashed, while most of the ones in the mountain were burned. Different fighting styles. The witch said there was an Ensi in the facility, but I found it in the city. Unless the thing can move incredibly fast, there's two of them. At least.

Returned before entering the tunnels. Plan on going back. Any other orders?"


>Remember something, turn head to look at my squadmates.

"Oh, and you never did tell me WHERE you were while I went out to scout the second time. Alone."


Last edited by Areku on Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:42 am, edited 4 times in total.



Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1479
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Better to be rested for whatever nonsense is bound to happen after they get back.
>Go back to house.


Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"I have no objections."


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:18 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3886
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
- It seems I am nearly cut loose from my principles now. I do not know if I am guided by right any more. There is only me left. I don't know what, if anything, to trust. Witches and machines. The deans and Tabi. A complicated nightmare. Now, deeper. I won't stop that thing just yet, whatever it's doing. -

>Walk toward a source of violence that is not the mysterious figure I just spoke to. Scan the surroundings for magic - if it helps build an impression of where I am going.


Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:40 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.024s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]