View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:04 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1504
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
MLC convinced me to join. Still reading through the thread so take your time finding my character or whatever.

Code:
Name: Krell
Chirop:
-Base stats-
Health: 40/40
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2
Strength: [b]3[/b]
Arcane: [b]9[/b]
Aim: [b]6[/b]
Evasion: 6
Will: 2
Speed: 1
-Bonuses-
Flight
Telepathy
Lightning


Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Lead with the sturdy ones, and blitz anyone or thing waiting there. Me, Vandolf, Monk, Sanoa, and three Black mages."

CrazyMLC wrote:
"I have no objections."

Black Mage 1: "Sounds good."

Sanoa nods.

Kark: "Alright, ready up!"

Seven coffin-shaped metal crates, each one with four small, round AM windows, are loaded into the ballistae. Step ladders are placed and the crates are opened, waiting for their occupants to hop in.


________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Activate unrequested Sei monologue.

"All the chirop guards are dead. No signs of civilians. Found someone who looked like the, uh... Infidi? Of the Caelum faith. Witch said it was an Ensi.

Seemed not hostile, then pulled out a handheld lamp. Witch and mages got twitchy and shot it with fireballs. Seemed to scare it off.

Oh, also. All the bodies in the city were slashed, while most of the ones in the mountain were burned. Different fighting styles. The witch said there was an Ensi in the facility, but I found it in the city. Unless the thing can move incredibly fast, there's two of them. At least.

Returned before entering the tunnels. Plan on going back. Any other orders?"


>Remember something, turn head to look at my squadmates.

"Oh, and you never did tell me WHERE you were while I went out to scout the second time. Alone."

Amelia: "We were still in Vran."

Elizabeth: "The entirety of Magusalto's population is divided among those two mountain bases, we can't just assume they're all dead. Investigate the north-east as deep as you can, let Ethan do long-range scouting. Don't run and poke another witch core.

Once you've confirmed the number of survivors or dead, exit the base, communicate the information, and investigate the north-west base."



________________________________________

TheKebbit wrote:
- It seems I am nearly cut loose from my principles now. I do not know if I am guided by right any more. There is only me left. I don't know what, if anything, to trust. Witches and machines. The deans and Tabi. A complicated nightmare. Now, deeper. I won't stop that thing just yet, whatever it's doing. -

>Walk toward a source of violence that is not the mysterious figure I just spoke to. Scan the surroundings for magic - if it helps build an impression of where I am going.

Standing still for a moment, you try to listen for the sounds of destruction that aren't from the mysterious figure, but you don't hear any others.

Sensing the nearby area for magic doesn't reveal anything particularly note-worthy. Tabi probably isn't nearby, and it doesn't seem like there's anyone else alive in the immediate area.

Looking around a bit, if the main entrance could be referred to as "south", then the center, west, and south-west sections are already in ruin, with the creature working its way towards the north-west.


________________________________________

maart3n wrote:
MLC convinced me to join. Still reading through the thread so take your time finding my character or whatever.

(STATS APPEARING SOME TIME LATER)

You wake up.

The dim orange-yellow glow from the Eitulta lamp illuminates an unfamiliar stone ceiling.

This doesn't look like your room.

Looking to your side, it looks like you're on a bunk bed, in a room with another set of bunk beds on the opposite wall. Other chirop are there, sleeping.

Oh, right, you evacuated from Magusalto along with pretty much everyone else. At the foot of your bunk bed against the wooden rail is an artificial leather messenger bag with all of your belongings that would fit.



Wonder if your family back in Nullam know what's going on.


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5024
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Look the Lord in the eyes, nod, then turn around and leave the room.

>Once the mages follow:
"I will pass by the medical tents before we leave. Feel free to wait at the ferry. Or don't, your choice."


>To the Whitehawk camp! Look for the lupus that helped me before.


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Hop in.


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Float the needle pincushion up and attach it to the "rear" of the pod, whatever end is going to be shielded from the wind with a bit of AM. Shouldn't affect the flight from there. Then climb in.
"If this thing kills me again, tell my wife 'Better luck next time'."


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
Areku wrote:
>Look the Lord in the eyes, nod, then turn around and leave the room.

>Once the mages follow:
"I will pass by the medical tents before we leave. Feel free to wait at the ferry. Or don't, your choice."


>To the Whitehawk camp! Look for the lupus that helped me before.

The mages follow as you leave the room.

Amelia: "We'll wait."

Ethan lets out a grumble of some sort, and your group splits ways as the mages head for the port and you head for the Whitehawk camp.

The village of white tents is brightly illuminated with artificial lights that have the faintest yellow tint, giving it a warm, almost sunny feeling. A Whitehawk member asks if you need anything, and you're soon led to the lupus that helped you earlier, standing in front of an empty tent.

Daalmir: "Is everything alright?"


________________________________________

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Hop in.

You hop into a crate. It's comfortably padded, and there are handles for you to hold on to. The door is closed and you lock it with latches on the inside.



Well, now's the time to say a prayer or something, if there's some greater being you believe in.


________________________________________

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Float the needle pincushion up and attach it to the "rear" of the pod, whatever end is going to be shielded from the wind with a bit of AM. Shouldn't affect the flight from there. Then climb in.
"If this thing kills me again, tell my wife 'Better luck next time'."

After rigging the needle pincushion to stay fixed to the rear of the pod (via crude AM wire armature you whipped up), you climb into the crate.

Kark: "You're married?"


________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>Better to be rested for whatever nonsense is bound to happen after they get back.
>Go back to house.

You head back to the house, heading in and closing the door behind you.

Well, now what.


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:17 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"As of like 4 hours ago, yup!"


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:19 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"As of like 4 hours ago, yup!"

Kark: "Uh, to who?"


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:19 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Sorry, she's too shy to let me tell anyone yet! Miimas knows her though, she can handle it. Unless, y'know, I don't die."


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5024
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Look around, make sure no one is listening on us. Lift arm, take off glove and pull back sleeve with teeth.

"Doctor. You seem like a trustworthy person. I need to ask something."

>Sigh.

"Earlier, I was too busy and distracted to really think about it. But now that I've had the time to mull it over, I realise I'm not comfortable at all entrusting my life to a little magical bauble.

So. First: Is this permanent, or will my spirit... Fix itself, somehow? Second, how long would I last if the bracelet broke. Third, if my spirit won't fix itself, is there something I can do to repair it? I'm...

I'm willing to accept enduring magic, if it is the only option."


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1478
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Head to my room, deposit gear.
>There's a chair to plonk Kuori into... right?
>Go sleep.


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Pray to the god of crates that get launched into the sky by mailmen.


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1504
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> check belongings and wait for someone else to wake up.
"I seem to be a bit disoriented, could you tell me where we are?"


Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Sorry, she's too shy to let me tell anyone yet! Miimas knows her though, she can handle it. Unless, y'know, I don't die."

Kark: "Uh, huh."

The lid closes, and you lock it with a latch on the inside.



Kark shouts out, his voice mildly muffled.

Kark: "Get those angles corrected!

Everyone set!?

On zero!

Ready!?

Five! Four! Threetwoone FI-"


The windows go dark.



Hmm, that's weird. You don't feel any acceleration forces at all.


________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Look around, make sure no one is listening on us. Lift arm, take off glove and pull back sleeve with teeth.

"Doctor. You seem like a trustworthy person. I need to ask something."

>Sigh.

"Earlier, I was too busy and distracted to really think about it. But now that I've had the time to mull it over, I realise I'm not comfortable at all entrusting my life to a little magical bauble.

So. First: Is this permanent, or will my spirit... Fix itself, somehow? Second, how long would I last if the bracelet broke. Third, if my spirit won't fix itself, is there something I can do to repair it? I'm...

I'm willing to accept enduring magic, if it is the only option."

Daalmir: "The spirit can repair itself when it takes damage, but, yours is well past the limit of what it can fix.

If your construct breaks, you might last two hours and take reversible damage, something that a telepath can fix. Past that, you will lose core brain functions and fall into a coma, dying if you are not on life support.

Repairing the spirit, it might be possible. It is hard to say with your current state, though it would be impossible to make an attempt here. We would have to go back to our headquarters, investigate further. There are machines that are required."



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>Head to my room, deposit gear.
>There's a chair to plonk Kuori into... right?
>Go sleep.

Walking upstairs and into your room, you drop off your gear and look around.

Yup, a wooden chair with a padded seat and back. Plopping Kuori into the chair, you crawl into bed and close your eyes.



Someone is staring at you.

Not like, in a creepy way. Or, well, maybe it is creepy, you're not sure.

Someone lacking almost all emotion, the only thing remaining is desire, for safety.

Like, hiding under a blanket safety.

They're under the blankets with you, aren't they.



________________________________________

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Pray to the god of crates that get launched into the sky by mailmen.

You pray to the god of crates.



Kark shouts out, his voice mildly muffled.

Kark: "Get those angles corrected!

Everyone set!?

On zero!

Ready!?

Five! Four! Threetwoone FI-"


Your stomach lurches and your head feels like it swells as the blood rushes up your body. It's not as bad as the first launch from what you can remember, but it's still not comfortable.

The pressure in your head lowers after a few seconds, but you still feel like you're upside-down and hurtling upwards.


________________________________________

maart3n wrote:
> check belongings and wait for someone else to wake up.

Opening the latch on your bag, you review the items that you stuffed inside.

Ink pen
Bottle of extra ink (you sealed the screw-in stopper to the bottle with wax to keep it from possibly leaking)
A few candles
Blank notebook
Cheap folding knife
Thin but water-proof and highly-insulative Artificial-Matter blanket
Artificial-Matter canteen filled with water
Regenerating mana stone (that you never returned to the college lab that owns it)
A TABI (Telepathy-Assisted Brick Interface) construct that was passed around among a few students before falling into your hands, you use it as a calculator

The sound of you shuffling through your items wakes the chirop on the top of the other bunk. She rolls around for a bit before sitting up, reaching around under the blankets until she finds a small handheld construct.

"I seem to be a bit disoriented, could you tell me where we are?

Her name is Dehlii, you think. Something something cafe joke.

Dehlii: "Eh?

It's the safety shelter. Evacuation shelter? That."


Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:28 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Send out a few Captivates to make sure I'm actually flying and Kark didn't just throw a towel over the crate's windows.


Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253 ... 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.023s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]