View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:34 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5030
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Bite lower lip. This is something that I can't get comfortable with.

"No... Nothing uh, uncertified or experimental or dangerous or- or any other options? I-I'm..."

>Another pause.

"...I can't say much. But uh. I'm about to enter a cave, that's apparently full of witches. Big ones. They, uh... Eat magic trinkets, don't they?"


Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Put an arm over them.
>Any guess as to who it is?


Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11846
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Send out a few Captivates to make sure I'm actually flying and Kark didn't just throw a towel over the crate's windows.

You send out a few Captivates and confirm that you are indeed hurtling through the air at speeds that really should not apply to people.

Maybe it's your armor?


________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Bite lower lip. This is something that I can't get comfortable with.

"No... Nothing uh, uncertified or experimental or dangerous or- or any other options? I-I'm..."

>Another pause.

"...I can't say much. But uh. I'm about to enter a cave, that's apparently full of witches. Big ones. They, uh... Eat magic trinkets, don't they?"

Daalmir: "Aye. It would be dangerous, more than normal dangerous, for you to be near a witch.

...

It may be possible to damage your spirit further, to prevent it from attempting to synchronize, without causing additional ill effect."



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>Put an arm over them.
>Any guess as to who it is?

You sleepily put an arm over them.

You're pretty sure it's Kuori.


Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5030
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Put hand on his shoulder, smile.

"Now you're speaking my language. When do we start?"


Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Probably the armor, yeah. Hope it doesn't burn a bunch of mana for comfort.
Deploy a Captivate net at full range in the trajectory of our flight. When it sees that we're about to land, look for any people or beasts within 100 meters or so of our landing area.


Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Whatever, not like she's causing trouble.
>Sleep.


Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11846
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
Areku wrote:
>Put hand on his shoulder, smile.

"Now you're speaking my language. When do we start?"

Daalmir: "Wait here, I must speak to someone first."

He walks off.

You stand around for a few minutes, watching the other Whitehawk members walk around or talking to Vranhal citizens and soldiers/mages.

Daalmir returns after a bit.

Daalmir: "The Overseer is not here to talk with you, but she approved the operation.

I will create a small level of reversible damage that will simply sever the bridge between spirit's autonomous command and the synchronization parts, preventing the synchronization from occuring. This level of damage can be repaired should you wish to seek proper treatment in the future.

Does this sound acceptable to you? "



________________________________________

TorrentHKU wrote:
> Probably the armor, yeah. Hope it doesn't burn a bunch of mana for comfort.
Deploy a Captivate net at full range in the trajectory of our flight. When it sees that we're about to land, look for any people or beasts within 100 meters or so of our landing area.

You cast a wide Captivate net at full range in the trajectory of your team's flight.



Looks like you're landing soon.

There's something down there, a single entity, that you're not able to identify.


________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>Whatever, not like she's causing trouble.
>Sleep.

You fall back asleep.

Blankets. Underneath beds and tables. Armor. Shells. These are safe things.

It's comforting to hide in them, keeping a barrier between you and the outside world.

Maybe you could just hide forever.


Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:14 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
One spirit near the landing zone, can't tell exactly what it is. Probably a straggler witch or beast, could be something worse.


Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5030
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Nod, smile.

"Let's do it, Doctor."


Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Not much to do if you hide forever, could get boring rather fast.


Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Brace for landing. If I detect any magic use through my suit that isn't from someone we're going down with, block it.


Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1506
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Delhii, to be honest I don't feel like staying here in this shelter, whatever's going on we'd be better off figuring it out than just sitting here. So what do you say we head out of here."
>Re-pack bag and leave shelter, with or without her.


Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11846
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
One spirit near the landing zone, can't tell exactly what it is. Probably a straggler witch or beast, could be something worse.

Sanoa: Relayed to the others. Except for Vandolf, because his antimagic is up.

You can sense the ground quickly approaching, and you brace.

The crate screeches as the bottom segment collapses and absorbs the impact, coming to a complete halt a split second later.

♥♥♥♥ feels weird when your sense of acceleration feels at most like a lazy jump up and down.

A sound of a crate door being blasted off, followed by a kinetic blast.

"CONTACT!"



________________________________________

Areku wrote:
>Nod, smile.

"Let's do it, Doctor."

Daalmir: "In the tent, then."
The two of you head in, and you lie down on to the operation bed.

The lupus stands still beside you, and after removing the device on your arm, simply stares at you.

It's, a bit creepy.

Daalmir: "It is done."

That was fast.



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
>Not much to do if you hide forever, could get boring rather fast.

Maybe you just need a portable hiding place.

You wake up from the bed moving.

Well, it's not quite moving so much as it feels like there's something pushing up against it from the underside.

Kuori isn't on the bed or in the chair, either.



________________________________________

CrazyMLC wrote:
> Brace for landing. If I detect any magic use through my suit that isn't from someone we're going down with, block it.

You brace for impact.

The crate slams into the ground hard, with the crush zone almost instantly flattening and the walls crumbling as the impact rips it apart.

Your body is jarred from the acceleration and you feel yourself blacking out momentarily.



After what feels only like a second or so, you open your eyes, your entire body hurting, legs and head especially. Looking around, you're lying on grass with the wrecked crate still around you, torn open here and there.

There's a sound of another crate's door being blasted off somewhere, followed by a kinetic blast.

"CONTACT!"

Your vision catches a dark figure quickly moving about, though it's too dark to pinpoint its location and appearance. Nothing showing up on your suit, either.



________________________________________

maart3n wrote:
"Delhii, to be honest I don't feel like staying here in this shelter, whatever's going on we'd be better off figuring it out than just sitting here. So what do you say we head out of here."
>Re-pack bag and leave shelter, with or without her.

Dehlii: "Uh."

Repacking your things, you climb down the bunkbed and leave the room.

A hallway, with doors leading to other rooms. The exit was, someway. Let's try left!

Turning left and heading down the hall, you find a door at the end that leads to a stairwell, and walk down as you hear someone following behind.

A minute later and you're outside of the building with Dehlii standing behind you. The sky is a pitch black void, and the streets are lit with artificial lamps emitting a bright yellow glow.


Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Captivate Counter Force on the contact, use up to 30 mana if needed.
Also get out of this crate so I can see what's going on.

I'm locking its movements!


Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:33 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11846
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Captivate Counter Force on the contact, use up to 30 mana if needed.
Also get out of this crate so I can see what's going on.

After launching Captivate and busting out of your crate, you realize that you're suddenly not able to detect the entity that was here earlier.

Looking around, you see the landing crates. Vandolf and Monk seemed to have had a rough landing, with the former lying on the ground and the latter ripping herself out of the crumpled, sideways metal coffin.

A black mage is looking at something further away, metal bolts hovering at the ready. Looking at his target, you see the silhouette of a tall, lithe figure that looks like a woman in a dress with some sort of long item on its back.

Sanoa: Careful, it's using anti-magic.


Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:43 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254 ... 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]