View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:36 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3866
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
>Double back through the tunnel that led me to this strange Fourth, all the way to the grand chamber. Then march down another tunnel that seems promising, perhaps the least-damaged one.


Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1498
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Just wanted to get some fresh air........for a few days.
I feel like staying here is getting us nowhere and I might as well be out and about."


Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11707
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Retrieval
Roll 307



The world as the players know it:

Image
1. Kyeltziv
2. Sei
3. Kleigg
(Between the former Watch Tower and Magusalto). Vandolf, John



Notes:



Time: Night



Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human
____________________

Your team clears their coffins away from the landing zone.

Speak of the devil, there's something among the cores.

Sanoa: Relayed to the others.

A flurry of coffins slam into the earth by the landing zone, slightly off from last time. Doors fly off as the occupants exit and glance around.

____________________

Conditions:
Health: 57/57
Stamina: 5/5
Mana: 25/25
AP: 3/3
Melee AP: 2/2
Evasion AP: 2/2
Fortification AP: 1/1
Movement: 3

Evasion Behavior: Use physical dodge when I have Evasion AP and when the Standard AP wasn't going to be used for other actions.

-Ruby Armor (Absorbs all damage) (15 Armor Resilience, 250/250 Durability) (+30 Strength) (+25 Telepathy Resistance)





Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)
Race: Human
____________________

Heading back to the cavern entrance, you take the tunnel all the way back to the main hub chamber. The tunnel that seems to have incurred the least amount of the damage is not-so-coincidentally the furthest away. Making your way down this one, you find it devoid of dead bodies, though it soon ends with a large metal door blocking the way.

____________________

Conditions:
Health: 50/50
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 6/8
AP: 3/3
Movement: 3

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Captured Spells (2/3)
-??? Armor Plate
-??? Armor Plate

-Stahlnacht Armor (Absorbs all damage) (20 Armor Resilience, 5000/5000 Durability) (Regenerates 100 per turn) (+80 Strength, +20 Evasion)





Name: Kyeltziv (Amazigh)
Race: Lupus
____________________

"Don't think there's much I can do from 'ere, so just 'ope th' others can do somethin'."

Grant: ”Weren’t you considering learning gate controlling magic? It seems a bit unrealistic, but if you could learn to control them, might help.”

Faren-Wuust: ”I do not know how fast you could learn such a thing, but it is a thing.”


____________________

Conditions:
Health: 88/88
Stamina: 12/12
Mana: 11/16
AP: 3/3
Melee AP: 2/2
Evasion AP: 2/2
Movement: 4

Evasion Behavior: Auto Evade when there is Evasion A, use Delay and Evade rather than Evade where possible

Spirit’s Eye (Accuracy cannot fall below 50%)



Name: Vandolf (CrazyMLC)
Race: Lupus
____________________

You haul your crate with the others, moving it away from the landing zone.

Sanoa: John sees something among the cores, to the south.

A flurry of coffins slam into the earth by the landing zone, slightly off from last time. Doors fly off as the occupants exit and glance around.


____________________

Conditions:
Health: 96/96
Stamina: 32/32
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2
Melee AP: 2/2
Heroic AP: 10/10
Movement: 4

Evasion Behavior: Default evasion - Delay and Evade, block if out of evasion AP

Anti-Magic Armor Exceptions
-John
-Monk
-Sanoa
-Miimas
-Horoma
-Black Mage 1
-Black Mage 2
-Black Mage 3
-Black Mage 4
-Black Mage 5
-Black Mage 6
-Blue Mage 1
-Blue Mage 2



Name: Sei (Areku)
Race: Human
____________________

"...bloody breadcrumb trail."

You follow the tunnel with more bodies. Picking up the pace, you jog through the tunnel with the others keeping up, until you reach a dead end.

Turning your lamp a bit brighter, you see that it isn’t a dead end - it’s a large, scorched metal door blocking your path.

Ethan: ”There are living things past the door. Doesn’t seem like one of those Ensi things or whatever.”


____________________

Conditions:
Health: 75/75
Stamina: 20/20
Mana: 0/0
AP: 3/3
Movement: 3

Evasion Behavior: Manual

Missing Left Arm

Damaged Spirit
-Cannot use magic

Antimagic/Spirit Control Device (attached to upper right arm)
-Stops negative effects from the damaged spirit
-Immune to (most) Direct Magic/Telepathy





Name: Krell
Race: Chirop
____________________

You have 18 stat points you can distribute among your Base stats!
You have 14 points you can distribute among your Stamina/Mana stats!


"Just wanted to get some fresh air........for a few days.
I feel like staying here is getting us nowhere and I might as well be out and about."


Guard: ”It’s pretty dangerous out there, can’t just have you running out and getting hurt.”

____________________

Conditions:
Health: 40/40
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2

Evasion Behavior:



Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
> Walk over to John.

"So uh, with that little scare out of the way, what's our approach to the facility looking like?"


Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Stay on your toes. Can you make contact with whoever it is?"

>Knock on door.


Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"For now, like planned. Towards Teleiat, into the woods before the city, approach from the south-east. If we run into a giant field of dead cores or something aggravating like that, we'll figure things out then.
...Wonder if any of our armor can handle corruption."

> Try and get a better look at the mystery-witch among the cores.


Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"We should get moving, before we run into any more trouble. I'll scout ahead a bit with Monk."

> Wave Monk over, move through the woods towards Teleiat to gather intel. Try to stay hidden and avoid conflict, and stay within telepathy range.


Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1460
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
"Yeah, was goin' t' work on that, next thing for that was... go t' plains southwest 'f fluustern and strengthen my spirit by facin' some 'f th' evil spirits there?"
"Jus' th' lord kinda needs me for th' transfer, and seems t' want me t' stay near vran for that.."


Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3866
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Knock? It's worth a shot. Probe for magic beyond.


Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11707
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 306) - Preparations
CrazyMLC wrote:
> Walk over to John.

"So uh, with that little scare out of the way, what's our approach to the facility looking like?"

TorrentHKU wrote:
"For now, like planned. Towards Teleiat, into the woods before the city, approach from the south-east. If we run into a giant field of dead cores or something aggravating like that, we'll figure things out then.
...Wonder if any of our armor can handle corruption."

> Try and get a better look at the mystery-witch among the cores.

Miimas: "Let's not test it unless if we really have to."

You look in the direction of the movement, trying to make out any shapes among the rotting cores.

Scanning the bulbous shapes, your eyes lock on to a familiar robed creature with bird-like features and a pointy hat. If its height is a good measure of its rank, it looks fairly powerful, maybe a foot or so taller than you.

The witch seems to be patrolling the area, occasionally glancing towards your team as it searches the landscape for, something.


CrazyMLC wrote:
"We should get moving, before we run into any more trouble. I'll scout ahead a bit with Monk."

> Wave Monk over, move through the woods towards Teleiat to gather intel. Try to stay hidden and avoid conflict, and stay within telepathy range.

You wave Monk over, and the two of you proceed towards the forest.

It isn't long until you reach the remains of the watch tower, which is now a huge, bottomless hole in the ground.

Monk: "Think there's something down there?"


________________________________________

Areku wrote:
"Stay on your toes. Can you make contact with whoever it is?"

>Knock on door.

Ethan: "Ummm. Okay this seems bad."

You knock on the door, and jump back startled as something (ineffectively) slams into it from the other side.

A faint scream is heard through the door.

Amelia: "They're still alive!"



________________________________________

Amazigh wrote:
"Yeah, was goin' t' work on that, next thing for that was... go t' plains southwest 'f fluustern and strengthen my spirit by facin' some 'f th' evil spirits there?"
"Jus' th' lord kinda needs me for th' transfer, and seems t' want me t' stay near vran for that.."

Grant: "If it's primarily your safety she's concerned about, maybe you could ask for an escort.
Though, it sounds like she wants you to be ready to do the transferring the moment it's possible, so that idea is probably not going to work."


Faren-Wuust: "Practicing around Vran might be an option, at least there's less of a chance of you dying to some corrupted beast."




________________________________________

TheKebbit wrote:
>Knock? It's worth a shot. Probe for magic beyond.

You knock, but nothing responds.

Feeling around the area for magic, it seems like there's some sort of magically-operated device that manages the door. Disabling would probably, at the very least, prevent it from trying to keep itself closed, possibly allowing you to force it open with Stahlnacht's strength.


Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4980
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Ready spear, glance back at my squad.

"What seems bad? Who's in there!?"


Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Just one of Lauffueur's witchlings. A big one, too.
Think it would help us?"


Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Yeah, a ruined city. They'd managed to contain these witches, so maybe there's an important lead down there. Not the safest region to lead an investigation, though."

> Keep doing the scouting thing.


Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1460
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
"Y' got an idea what I could do for practice? there evil spirits in th' area or somethin'?"


Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3866
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - Preparations
>Snuff out the activity of the machine with a temporary null field, then force the door open.


Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:30 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.063s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]