View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:26 am



Reply to topic  [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 257  Next
 Ad Infidium (Roll 307) - ON HOLD TEMPORARILY 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 8)
"What were those voices?"


Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 8)
>Consider the information I have gathered so far.

1 - I am setting up a toll station.

2 - The previous toll station failed.

3 - It failed due to the disapproval and subsequent agression coming from a band of travellers.

4 - Such travellers disapproved the toll based on the poor state of the road.

>Arrive at obvious conclusion, put plan into action:

>Acquire tree branch, improve road state through dutiful sweeping. Await passerby.


Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3784
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 8)
Attempt to piece together any legible contents of the book - if this is impossible, prostrate myself in prayer.


Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am
Posts: 6211
Location: In your office, earning your salary.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 8)
"Feels like an interesting case of telepathy."

> Try to pick up her thoughts.


Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 9)
Roll 9



Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human
____________________

John: "What were those voices?"

Even though your question was directed towards the librarian, your chirop friend chirps up.

P’orihc: "Feels like an interesting case of telepathy."

???: ”I-it’s a rare condition, my thoughts are really loud if I’m not actively trying to suppress them. Sorry if it bothered you, I can hold them back.”
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 13/40 (Patched up)
Strength -13 => -9
Evasion -13=> -9



Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)
Race: Human
____________________

You carefully pick through the remains of the book, trying to find anything legible.

There seems to be a small paper fragment that has text that can be deciphered.

...dead, but not forgotten...

...lightning shall strike down those who commit treachery, and the weight of the sky shall crush …
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3



Name: Wolf (Areku)
Race: Lupus
____________________

After considering the information you have, you arrive at the obvious conclusion and search the area for a tool of some sort. Being in a massive field, there aren’t any tree branches, but after pulling up a load of rocks, you recover what looks like a halberd with most of its sharp parts banged up.

Not exactly the best sweeping tool, so you decide to use your newly acquired SHOVEL to dig up the grass in the middle section of the road, making it more clearly a road than wheel trails.

Working quickly, you clear the road a nice 50 feet before a caravan approaches. The wagon is pulled by a pair of donkeys and is escorted by four men, three armored and the fourth wearing the telltale cloak of a mage.

Once the party gets close, you briefly halt your work and with an official-sounding voice, declare that there is a 3 copper tax per group.

Halberdier 1: ”Huh, guess they’re finally making this beat-up path into a real road.”

The man reaches into a waist pouch, pulls out three copper coins, and drops them in your hand.

Halberdier 2: ”It’d be nice if they’d lay down some cobblestone, keep the road from gettin’ muddy on rainy days.”

Mage: ”Some simple gazebos here and there for rest stops, too.”

The caravan and its guards continue on to Mead.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 6/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2



Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop
____________________

John: "What were those voices?"

"Feels like an interesting case of telepathy."

???: ”I-it’s a rare condition, my thoughts are really loud if I’m not actively trying to suppress them. Sorry if it bothered you, I can hold them back.”

You try to see if you can pick up any of her thoughts, but it her mind is locked down pretty tight now.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2



Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)
Race: Chirop
____________________

IDLE
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2


Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:34 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 8)
"By all means, don't stop for us. I don't mind, it sounded nice."
> Head back and check out what they have on magic.


Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am
Posts: 6211
Location: In your office, earning your salary.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 9)
"I tried picking up your thoughts, though you did a good job closing your mind. You don't really have to worry about that, we can't limit your freedom. I'll check those books now."

> Look for the books.


Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 9)
>Begin to think up legendary master plan.
>BUT FIRST!

>Return to tavern, order mead. Taste.


Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 9)
> Get into town


Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3784
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 9)
>Focus and attempt to snuff out all magic in the former site of the temple, even the background magic. Let it be silent.


Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10437
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 10)
Roll 10



Name: John Freemaneth (TorrentHKU)
Race: Human
____________________

"By all means, don't stop for us. I don't mind, it sounded nice."

P’orihc: "I tried picking up your thoughts, though you did a good job closing your mind. You don't really have to worry about that, we can't limit your freedom. I'll check those books now."

The two of you make your way to the rear left of the library, quickly finding the shelf you’re looking for by how empty it is.

A Brief History on Magic
Basic Magic Theory
Magic Weapons and Constructs

Three books, that’s it.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3

Cut: 12/40 (Patched up)
Strength -12 => -8
Evasion -12=> -8



Name: Kleigg (TheKebbit)
Race: Human
____________________

You attempt to snuff out all the magic in the temple, nullifying every area you can see. You’re not entirely sure if it has any effect, since you can’t really detect magic beyond visually.

After a few seconds, you barely hear the sound of stone sliding on stone, coming from the podium. A small brick seems to have slid out a hair, and with a bit of prying you manage to get it out all the way, revealing a hidden compartment. Inside is an intact folded piece of paper, and a pouch that looks like it has something the size of a human eye inside.

The note reads:

sample of negative fabric
not the purest piece, but demonstrates the below-zero level
you owe me 500 gold
-E


Opening the pouch, it looks pitch-black, despite the sunlight overhead shining down. Is the pouch supposed to be this “negative fabric?” Turning the pouch upside-down results in a black circle dropping on to the podium with a dull clunk.

The object is as black as possible, so much that you can’t even make out its form other than its outline is an uneven sphere. Looking closely, you can see several spots on the object are slightly less dark than others, reflecting enough light to give a vague appearance of a three-dimensional object.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 4/4
Mana: 4/4
AP: 3/3



Name: Wolf (Areku)
Race: Lupus
____________________

You begin to think up a master plan, but then recall your priorities. Heading back into the town and tavern, you order a mug of mead and down it, the sweet alcoholic drink revitalizing your body.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 8/8
Mana: 2/2
AP: 2/2



Name: P’orihc (Asklar)
Race: Chirop
____________________

John: "By all means, don't stop for us. I don't mind, it sounded nice."

"I tried picking up your thoughts, though you did a good job closing your mind. You don't really have to worry about that, we can't limit your freedom. I'll check those books now."

The two of you make your way to the rear left of the library, quickly finding the shelf you’re looking for by how empty it is.

A Brief History on Magic
Basic Magic Theory
Magic Weapons and Constructs

Three books, that’s it.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2



Name: Ki’stha (Roast Veg)
Race: Chirop
____________________

You make your way to town. The time looks to be about midday, and there are a fair number of people moving about the streets. There are also a large number of shops to visit, such as blacksmiths, peddlers, clothers, and food stalls.
____________________

Conditions:
Stamina: 2/2
Mana: 8/8
AP: 2/2


Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 am
Posts: 6211
Location: In your office, earning your salary.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 10)
"I expected as much. Let's see what can be done!"

> Try to learn from "Basic Magic Theory".


Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:22 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 10)
"She wasn't kidding. Well, maybe I can still glean something."
> Read Magic Weapons and Constructs. I don't think Basic Magic Theory will tell me much I don't already know, unless it has Beginner's Guide to Fire.
In which case read that too.


Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3784
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 10)
>Leave the temple, flag down a passerby and ask what occurred here.


Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 pm
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Constant motion
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ad Infidium (Roll 10)
> Head up to a food stall
"I'm looking for work."


Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 257  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.025s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]