View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
 Tiny Gods: Deux Ex 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Tiny Gods: Deux Ex
"Matt - is that your name? - this is going to sound like a really, really stupid idea, but let's make some spikes. If he charges at us, he'll run himself right onto them."

Make spikes!

"Hmmm...oh, damn, I was expecting that jawbreaker to do more damage...hmmm...Syrup wouldn't really work, but maybe..."

Create marshmellows around Al's spikes, so as to better absorb the force of the impact!

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

> The next time the bowl tries to slam itself (and me) on the ground, jump off and summon a giant mace on the ground positioned in a way that the bowl would hit the tip of the weapon, with the other end braced against the ground.

Else, keep up the burning light.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:59 am

"Hm... I could see that working."

> Set up a spike wall out of decay spikes protecting the ballista.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:02 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
"Hmmm...oh, damn, I was expecting that jawbreaker to do more damage...hmmm...Syrup wouldn't really work, but maybe..."

Create marshmellows around Al's spikes, so as to better absorb the force of the impact!

Why would you want to dampen the impact of the spikes on the Bowl with marshmallows? If the rampaging spirit beast has a certain amount of momentum, by mΔV=FΔt we know extending the impact time with padding will decrease the damage inflicted back on our target.

Or are you trying to make sure they stay stable in the ground? In that case it might be best to specify that they are marshmallowed only at the base.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:18 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TheKebbit wrote:
caekdaemon wrote:

Why would you want to dampen the impact of the spikes on the Bowl with marshmallows? If the rampaging spirit beast has a certain amount of momentum, by mΔV=FΔt we know extending the impact time with padding will decrease the damage inflicted back on our target.

Or are you trying to make sure they stay stable in the ground? In that case it might be best to specify that they are marshmallowed only at the base.

It's a combination of trying to stabilize the spikes (see the part where it mentions being around and not on them) and hold them upright, ensure they don't move much on impact (thus making it possible for them to withstand the guardian's charge) once the guardian collides with them and give us time to retreat once the guardian has charged into the spikes, at least if it gets stuck as a result of the impalement.

Regardless, stretching out the contact with the spikes is actually better than not doing so, since it gives the decay magic a chance to do its work rather than just impalement, and we know that impalement and other regular attacks don't always go so well because the guardian can phase out parts of itself for defensive purposes.

So...yeah, I know what I'm doing with my action :p

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:29 am
Profile WWW

Clarify that you're helping me build the spike wall by using it to secure the spikes, or putting a light amount on parts of the spikes to make them sticky, or whatever.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:43 am
Profile WWW

"WOLFIE NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Put some death into the next bolt Al-Aris makes.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:08 pm
Loose Canon

Arararollgi.

caekdaemon - Al-Aris and Li-Rala [3,1]:
Al-Aris: "Matt - is that your name? - this is going to sound like a really, really stupid idea, but let's make some spikes. If he charges at us, he'll run himself right onto them."
Matt: "Hm... I could see that working."
You quickly make to forming a set of decay spikes in a row, as Matt brings up a surprisingly impressive wall from underground, forming it around your decay spikes.
Li-Rala: "Hmmm...oh, damn, I was expecting that jawbreaker to do more damage...hmmm...Syrup wouldn't really work, but maybe..."
Li would try to add marshmallows for cushioning, but she's all the way over by Urstrig in the middle of the burial grounds still, while you're all the way by the treeline, outside of the barrier.

Then in a flash of green, the world turns to splinters and pain.

Appearance: A big and bulky man that appears to be middle aged, with a full head of black hair and surprisingly dark eyes. He claims to be Middle Eastern in origin, but to an observer he would seem to be a little...pale.

Seraphimo - Dunrim [4]:
Seeing Urstrig's frightening transformation, you decide he really needs his energy drained. Like, a lot this time. You take a strong step forward, reaching with both hands-
And suddenly the ground where Urstrig was explodes, and you see it shoot off towards the ballista like a bullet, covering 3/4 of the distance in a single leaping stride, then accelerating with another all out leap forward, straight into and through a quick barricade Matt and Al erected, the ballista behind it, and then Al behind that.
A large spray of blood follows the green beast as it darts through the air into the forest, its speed barely affected by the impact.

Appearance: His face is full of soot and he looks a bit pale but otherwise he looks like a normal human. He is a little shorter than the average human and he likes to wear fully protective clothing. His origin is claimed to be somewhere inside Europe though he's not telling where.

TheKebbit - Wassily Nuñez [5]:
You make to blast the owlbear with a blast of Freezing Spray, after your super successful jawbreaker attack.
You manage to get off the beginning of a blast before Urtrsig leaps forward, carving out a crater from the force of it pushing off against the dirt.
Jesus christ, did that even hit it before it had moved out of the way?

CaveCricket48 - Linna [7]:
You keep up your Light of Faith, but you're not quite brave or stupid enough to jump onto the beast's back again, at least not while it's looking this bristly and dangerous. To be honest, you're slightly afraid to even touch it, that fur looks sharp and furious enough to impale you just by touching it.
Then, the bowl takes the dilemma out of your hands by leaping away with absurd strength, chasing after the ballista that just shot it you assume.

Appearance: A young woman that seems a bit thin but stands on a sturdy pair of legs. Her short dark hair is still long enough to nearly cover her eyes that are already concealed behind thick glasses, making it difficult to read her expression.

maart3n - Mikey/Heph [7]:
Mikey: "WOLFIE NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
You wait for someone to make a ballista bolt, so that you can imbue it with Death before firing.
And wait.
And wait.
Oh, they're making a wall!

The wall explodes as Urstrig plows through it, the ballista, and Al-Aris all in one charge.

CrazyMLC - Matt Sterling [10]:
Oh ♥♥♥♥, Urstrig looks pissed.
Al-Aris: "Matt - is that your name? - this is going to sound like a really, really stupid idea, but let's make some spikes. If he charges at us, he'll run himself right onto them."
Matt: "Hm... I could see that working."
You crouch down, laying both hands on the ground, and will the earth into shape, forcing it up in front of you, calling the dirt and stone together. A large, double thick stone wall forms, with a sturdy dirt base, and Decay spikes embedded in the front, facing towards Urstrig. You're pretty sure this can hold up to whatever Urstrig can throw at yo-

With a tremendous crash, Urstrig bursts straight through the wall, and barely soars over your head. It then smashes through the ballista behind you, not slowing at all, and takes a bite of Al as it passes him, sending Al flying back into the woods along with the spirit.
Matt: "♥♥♥♥!"

Events: Li-Rala, Linna, Wassily, and Dunrim all attempt to attack Urstrig, but with a burst of explosive power it leaps forwards, crossing the distance to the others in two long strides, and smashes through the quickly erected wall and ballista, narrowly missing Matt and missing Mikey entirely, who saw it coming. Al-Aris did not at all see it coming, and Urstrig manage to take his entire right arm off, along with a chunk of shoulder. Both Al-Aris and Urstrig are carried away by their momentum into the forest around the burial ground.
A sharp growl can be heard from the forest.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:03 am
Profile WWW

"I need you guys to make a ton of random stone or wood minions! The rest of you, keep whittling him down!"

> Keep Light of Faith on myself. If Urstrig charges at me, castle with a minion. If he charges someone else, castle with that person and then castle with a minion.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:09 am

"A lot of little minions?! Aw... I wanted to make a biggun. But if you say so, dream girl."

>Create an small army of dirt and stone knights, willing to die for honor.

"Hey, you can make these things move around, right? Bring them to life or something? I think we might need to do that so she can trade places with them."

Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"I need you guys to make a ton of random stone or wood minions! The rest of you, keep whittling him down!"

Al-Aris blinks, wiggling his stump around in curiosity.

"Well, that's new," he says with a loud laugh. "So this is what shock is like."

"Al!"

"...I don't suppose...you'd call a truce...?"

"Someone help him!" Li shouts at the top of her voice, before focusing hard.

Hey! You! The guy who gave him the powers! Do something and help him already!

Her expression hardens, her normally friendly and warm smile turning solemn...and for the briefest of moments, the air chills and the day dims, as if a cloud passed before the sun.

We might have came to you for this adventure, but we hadn't known anything about the challenges you were expecting us to be facing, nor what power we would be encountering them with. You never bothered to give us any training or advice in how to use them best, nor any equipment to protect us from harm or even any information about who we would be fighting on this little quest of yours, so anything and everything that happens to him is your fault and your fault alone for sending us into combat unprepared.

I give you one warning and one alone; I hold you personally responsible for everything that happens in this campaign of yours. If anything happens to Al, I will find you.

And by the time I am done erasing you, every atom of your body and every fibre of your being, you will beg for a death that will never come. Is that under-

Hey, Li, you weren't actually there at the start of the adventure, remember? En said if anything went wrong we'd only ever lose the powers and nothing more.

Oh! Right!

Li laughs.

Sorry about that! I didn't know! Still, we're getting creamed and could do with a hand! Bye!

Al-Aris began to laugh, the sound echoing through the forest and against the treetops.

"Al, why are you laughing?"

"...you asked for a hand. I'd give you one, but..." Al waves his stump in the air, steaming hot crimson bubbling forth from torn arteries.

Li burst into laughter, then quickly covered her mouth before taking it away again, red with embarrassment. "...never change, Al...never change."

Wave the stump in the air like you just don't care!

Give me a bit to think of a Li action. Her ability set has a ton of utility and can result in nerve-gas potato bombs, but that's not exactly useful against Mr Guardian.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:23 am
Profile WWW

Put some life into the statues that Matt builds.
"Oy, give that one a horn, unicorn bear!"

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:28 pm

Perhaps if I dump a couple of flares into the forest while we remain in the clearing, we can catch Urstrig in the middle of a forest fire?

Probably not a good idea. Probably likely to result in an enraged flaming Urstrig chasing us.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Location: Somewhere in the solar system. (I'm not telling you where)
> Oh yeez that looked like a lot of energy. So next Time I will just STEAL IT ALL AND SLAM HIM INTO THE GROUND WITH IT >:D. Also I will try to Dodge any attacks coming my way. I shouldn't go near Urstrig again it's waay too dangerous for me, so I will just try to steal his energy from afar this time. If he comes charging at me take som of his kinetic energy to dodge too. Maybe I can shove one of my teammates out of the way with some kinetic energy if he charges again, at least I should try to do that.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:05 am

>A memory of salt like daggers hanging from the railing of the ruined Galatea.
>>We picked over things that were mummified. Nothing to be found but the ship's corroded radio. Empty spaces where rescue beacons had once gone.
>>>Is there some wind I can call on that will prevent me from being thrown back to that world? Attempt to create a cutting gale, to slowly strip paint and unshielded flesh.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next