View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
 Tiny Gods: Deux Ex 

Post Re: Tiny Gods: Deux Ex
TorrentHKU wrote:
Johnny: "Hm. You trying for a breakthrough, Linna? I know a few tricks, want some help?"

"Nah, I got this."

> Whisk away the gauntlets, see if I can summon some greaves. Next, summon two shields and make them round, not kite-shaped.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sat May 09, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 08, 2015 5:32 pm

>Consider the nature of the Shore - is there a way to speed up Seafaring and Disembarkment so much that I can switch seamlessly from Land to Sea in one movement across the border?

If my skill isn't there yet, work on it to build my Embodiment power.

Fri May 08, 2015 6:08 pm
Loose Canon

Rollgle Gollgle.
Also CC is scared of Johnny's love.

caekdaemon - Al-Aris [2]:
Alaris: "Stupid sandwich being so tough and this damned power being so bloody weak... It was only last week that I could erase an entire galaxy with a snap of my fingers, and a supercluster after a minute's prepara-"
Li coughs, giving you a small nudge in the side.
Lirala: "Oh, love, you shouldn't mention business while on holiday! It's a time to relax and have fun!"
Alaris: "Ah, yes. Yes, of course. Pardon me. Er, Johnny. Got any tips on how to use my power well?"
Johnny: "You're Decay, yeah? What're you trying to melt?"
You focus your power on the sandwich again, and he follows your line of sight, then laughs.
Johnny: "Haha, oh wow, good frickin' luck decaying that! McDonalds burgers got enough preservatives to last through a nuclear apocalypse. That'll stop ya twofold!
There's the actual preservatives in the food that're keeping it from decaying, and then there's the whole 'full of preservatives' thing. Just the idea that it's stupid long lasting is enough to counteract your powers. Ideas have power with Embodiments, that's important to remember. Me an' Linna over there, we'd probably have some strange effects if our powers crossed, since she's Paladin and I'm Devil. Don't take it personal, a Big Mac is probably like, your mortal enemy. Heh."

A WORTHY OPPONENT INDEED.

Appearance: A big and bulky man that appears to be middle aged, with a full head of black hair and surprisingly dark eyes. He claims to be Middle Eastern in origin, but to an observer he would seem to be a little...pale.

Seraphimo - Dunrim [-]:
Dunrim: "We're back!"
Johnny: "You're back! Well that makes everyone."
You see Al trying to melt a sandwich, Wassily jumping at the wall, and Linna playing with her shields.
You're somewhat concerned for your group.

Appearance: His face is full of soot and he looks a bit pale but otherwise he looks like a normal human. He is a little shorter than the average human and he likes to wear fully protective clothing. His origin is claimed to be somewhere inside Europe though he's not telling where.

TheKebbit - Wassily Nuñez [-]:
Once you arrive back at the alley with the others, you start playing with Seafaring and Disembark. You can switch it instantaneously and as quickly as you wish, but after a bit of experimentation you realize that the problem isn't the switching, it's... the switching. Uh, that is, it's a hard edge between Land and Sea, and switching early or late causes you to suddenly jerk to a near stop. Maybe... hm. Maybe if you could disable Seafarer just for the edge, Disembark while it's disabled, and reenable once you're on the other side? That's a tricky maneuver, but it could work.

Appearance: A square man in a heavily starched uniform - white, blue, and yellow, battered radio and a flare gun hanging from his belt in a plastic crate. His face is creased with lines of worry. He bears papers and codes of many navies, corporate and scientific contracts, stamped, sealed, filed as paid.

CaveCricket48 - Linna [-]:
Linna: "Nah, I got this."
You banish the gauntlets, summon two circular shields, and try to summon a pair of greaves.
...Grrrg. It came with the gauntlets surprisingly easily, once you got angry at it enough. Though now it's just refusing to work. Damn this power.
Johnny: "Aww, really? Not even a little? It'd be fun! And a learning experience!"

Appearance: A young woman that seems a bit thin but stands on a sturdy pair of legs. Her short dark hair is still long enough to nearly cover her eyes that are already concealed behind thick glasses, making it difficult to read her expression.

maart3n - Mikey/Heph [-]:
You've all made it back to the alley in one piece, without even taking a while like the first trip!

Paedichorrhea - Matt [-]:
You've all made it back to the alley in one piece, and you didn't even hit a car on the trip back this time!
Or the first time. Thankfully.
;__;

Events:
Johnny: "So, you're all back. If there are no objections, we can head out now."
A rousing round of silence greets him, and Johnny nods, then pulls out his phone and sends off a text. A moment later, an forest green minivan pulls up to the alley, apparently waiting for Johnny's signal. In the driver seat is an absolute mountaint of a man in a pinstripe suit, with a squashed gargoyle-esque face and a pair of tusks that reach up to his nose. He looks over to the group, scans the seven of you and grunts, then hits the button to unlock the doors before looking back straight ahead.
Linna: "Uh..."
Johnny: "Don't worry, Butler's reliable. And it's just driving you out there."
Linna: "Was more questioning the minivan."
Johnny: "You got a better way to get six, er, seven people out in the middle of nowhere two hours away?"
She doesn't. And with that handled, the six Embodied and one Lirala pile into the van, and drive off to adventure, Johnny waving to them as they go.

One very long drive filled with country music and the driver softly bobbing his head later, you all arrive at a seemingly indifferent stretch of highway. Butler grunts, unlocking the doors again, and the group piles out. He then hands a sheet of paper over to Wassily, and drives off back the way he came from. You all hope he intends to come back.
Looking at the paper, it seems to be basic instructions. Go south through the forest for a couple miles, and you'll eventually arrive at an old Native American burial ground, where the artifact is. You all should start feeling its presence when you get about halfway there, so no worries about getting lost. It also has Johnny's cell number for once you've gotten the artifact, so that he can send someone to pick you back up.
There's not much info on the artifact, just that it pinged on a recent long range scan. It probably only became active recently for whatever reason, so there's no telling what effect it could be having, other than it probably isn't too big, flashy, and noticeable.
It looks like you all have a hike ahead of you.

Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Proceed with the group, stay alert and decay any locations that might be good for an ambush.

"It's so beautiful here. It's so good to know that despite all the progress people have made, they haven't forgotten their roots."

"Now let's get travelling like true sons and daughters o' Dixie, and get that darn artifact. Now, how 'bout a travellin' song?"

"Oh, I'm a good ol' rebel, I'm proud of what I am - and for this Yankee nation, I do not give a damn!"

"Are you sure that's the right America?"
"Absolutely."

Sun May 10, 2015 1:00 am
Profile WWW

Location: Somewhere in the solar system. (I'm not telling you where)
> keep walking I guess

"So anyone here remember something that happened before we got our embodiements?"

Mon May 11, 2015 7:40 am

"I remember the sea and a light. Then everyone was here."
>Map the landscape, switch to an appropriate mode of travel for the trail to the cemetery (likely Sea, if it's a formal road), then scout ahead.

Mon May 11, 2015 7:39 pm

> Still keep working at those greaves, gotta protect the legs while the shields cover the arms/body. Stay in the front of the party, be a shield to others if needed.

Tue May 12, 2015 3:52 am

Tag along with Wassily, occasionally killing plants to mark a trail we can follow back.

Tue May 12, 2015 7:00 pm
Loose Canon

Paedichorrhea, you haven't action end in several rolls. You need to action or you'll be removed.

Wed May 13, 2015 7:48 pm
Profile WWW

I apologize up front for my lack of replies. Past several days have been crazy. I should be more responsive from here out.

Huh... the last few minutes have been a blur...
>Follow behind Wassily, but let them think I've stayed in the alley. I need to get comfortable with my embodiment.

Wed May 13, 2015 10:50 pm
Loose Canon

Whoops, that's been a week, let's try not to do that.
Rolling!

caekdaemon - Al-Aris [-]:
Lirala: "It's so beautiful here. It's so good to know that despite all the progress people have made, they haven't forgotten their roots."
Alaris: "Now let's get travelling like true sons and daughters o' Dixie, and get that darn artifact. Now, how 'bout a travellin' song?"
Linna: "Wait, Dixi-"
Alaris: "Oh, I'm a good ol' rebel, I'm proud of what I am - and for this Yankee nation, I do not give a damn!"
Linna: "Oh my god."

As you sing, you scan the trees for anything or anyone dangerous. You can tell it's an old forest, lots of wide, aged trees with tall strong trunks. Looking into the distance, you can tell that the forest is vast, but relatively sparse as far as bushes and shrubs go, leaving few places for people to hide at ground floor. The trees on the other hand, have only recently gone into bloom, and are lush and filled with green, providing an impressive emerald canopy, speckled with bright white and blue gaps where sunlight filters through. You're having trouble seeing up into the very tops of the trees, but you can see below them easily, and with your decay, you wither several larger branches at the base with a few moments of concentration each, causing them to eventually crack under their own weight and fall limp. You bring down a good half dozen of these branches before you hit one that has a squirrel nest, and a pair of the furry creatures go scampering away in fear.
Lirala: "Dear, I don't think we're under attack from the trees."
As Lirala picks up a recently fallen branch about a meter long, you concede that yes, there probably aren't any enemies hiding in the upper branches of the trees. Yet.

Lirala: "Are you sure that's the right America?"
Alaris: "Absolutely."

Appearance: A big and bulky man that appears to be middle aged, with a full head of black hair and surprisingly dark eyes. He claims to be Middle Eastern in origin, but to an observer he would seem to be a little...pale.

Seraphimo - Dunrim [-]:
Dunrim: "So anyone here remember something that happened before we got our embodiements?"
Wassily: "I remember the sea and a light. Then everyone was here."
You keep walking along with the group, as Wassily plays with his power and Al knocks branches down. You wonder about using your power here, but decide it might be good to wait for a bit, considering you might burn the forest down with a laser or fire explosion. Though, there's more to energy control than just shooting blasts of it.

Appearance: His face is full of soot and he looks a bit pale but otherwise he looks like a normal human. He is a little shorter than the average human and he likes to wear fully protective clothing. His origin is claimed to be somewhere inside Europe though he's not telling where.

TheKebbit - Wassily Nuñez [-]:
Dunrim: "So anyone here remember something that happened before we got our embodiements?"
Wassily: "I remember the sea and a light. Then everyone was here."
You generate a new Chart of the area, and take a look as you walk. The trees are all, unsurprisingly, Land. Small spots of dark, very elevated land, very impassible. The areas between the trees though, are a patchwork of land and sea, most at low elevations and depths. This chart is currently pretty impossible to Seafare without CONSTANT Disembarking and Reembarking, which sounds very easy to mess up. Maybe if you cleared a path through the forest it would clear up, or you could just mark the Chart as sea in a line and travel over that.

Appearance: A square man in a heavily starched uniform - white, blue, and yellow, battered radio and a flare gun hanging from his belt in a plastic crate. His face is creased with lines of worry. He bears papers and codes of many navies, corporate and scientific contracts, stamped, sealed, filed as paid.

CaveCricket48 - Linna [-]:
You head to the front of the group, keeping your shields at the ready in case something jumps out.
Alaris: "Now let's get travelling like true sons and daughters o' Dixie, and get that darn artifact. Now, how 'bout a travellin' song?"
Linna: "Wait, Dixi-"
Alaris: "Oh, I'm a good ol' rebel, I'm proud of what I am"
Is he-
Alaris: "- and for this Yankee nation, I do not give a damn!"
Linna: "Oh my god."
He seriously is. He is singing a confederate song.

Ignoring the slight destruction and seditious singing from Al, you keep trying to make more of your armor. You try like you did with the gauntlets, but more directed at your feet.
Nothing. Maybe if you get angry again?
"Child, what in the lord's name are you trying to do with my power?"

Appearance: A young woman that seems a bit thin but stands on a sturdy pair of legs. Her short dark hair is still long enough to nearly cover her eyes that are already concealed behind thick glasses, making it difficult to read her expression.

maart3n - Mikey/Heph [-]:
You stick with Wassily near the middle, er no, rear of the group, killing a plant every so often as you go, to make sure you can figure out a path back to the road when you've finished. It's a pretty clear trail of withered plants every 30 feet or so, more of markers than a path. That would be a lot of dead plants.
As you go, you think you catch Lirala look back and glare at you once or twice.

Paedichorrhea - Matt [-]:
You hang back from the group, engaging Head Down and walking along quietly. It seems to work, though, you have trouble telling. None of the others are talking to you, but they might just be not talking to anyone. Maybe you could test it on woodland animals.

Events:
The group continues walking for a bit, eventually reaching a change in the otherwise samey terrain. The land shifts sharply here, with the left half going up going up and the right leading down, causing a large, sheer cliff. The trees narrow out up the cliff, giving way to bushes and shrubs covering rocky dirt, while down on the right the grass and trees continue, maybe even getting denser. They both seem to continue south for a while, so it looks like either direction will get you to where you need to go.

Sat May 16, 2015 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"....it is hard to sum into words just how much I hate this ability, you know."
"Why?"
"I feel utterly useless. I might as well be the embodiment of marshmallows, but at least I'd be able to give sweets to children with that power...or bury someone inside a marshmallow."

Angrily attempt to create a decay blade out of angry decay. Angrily, but remember to do it with an Alabama accent and a manner befitting a proper southern gentleman.

"I wonder if it's too late to get a refund on this thing...exchange it for being the physical manifestation of sugary treats."
"That wouldn't be so bad, actually. You could do a lot of good by being the embodiment of food and treats! You could give alms to the poor, or...hit people with gigantic lollypops! You could even cause explosions with those little bags of crackling sweets."

Lirala pauses.

Then she starts patting through her clothes in search of something.

"...I need to write this down in case I ever get the chance to have a power..."

Sat May 16, 2015 11:49 pm
Profile WWW

> MAXIMUM FORTRESS, GREAVES FORMATION

"I'm working on GREAVES."

Sun May 17, 2015 7:47 am

Location: Somewhere in the solar system. (I'm not telling you where)
> Use the kinetic energy from the surrounding to propell me into the air and then hover there. If it doesn't work try to convert energy into kinetic energy and try again. If I'm in flight look for something that looks like a burial ground. If I spot a burial ground use kinetic energy to take me there in the air if possible. If I reach the burial ground in the air gently touch down at the entrance if there is one. If there is no entrance Touch down at the edge closest to the others. If there is more than one entrance touch down at the one that's closest to the most people I know.

"Here I go!"

Mon May 18, 2015 9:18 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"I'm working on GREAVES."

"I can see that, my question is why are you trying to protect yourself. Particularly after my many denials of the request."

Mon May 18, 2015 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next