View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Magical Girl, Monster Hunter 

Post Magical Girl, Monster Hunter
Quote:
You just got unlucky is all. The appearance of that little girl in her weird outfit surprised you. And now she’s dead. Doesn’t really matter how. Maybe you slipped with a knife in your hand, maybe you couldn’t jam on the brakes in time, maybe you dropped something heavy on her, maybe that gun you were cleaning went off. Either way, she’s dead now. Little girl breathed her last right in front of you. Now something unnatural appears. A bizarre mashup of stuffed animal, marshmallow and living creature.

“Puchuu - she’s dead now. I guess I’ll need a replacement. Seeing as it’s your fault she’s dead. You owe me. So you work for me now.“

It gives you a handful of coins. You have just enough time to register the ancient disks as a gold coin, three silver coins and four bronze coins before your body begins to twist and change, and the last thing you hear before you lose all you senses entirely is the thing giving you some advice.

“Best if you spend these now, they won’t have as much of an effect later, chuu.”

Create your character.

Character generation:

Character rules: (old)

This game will work a bit differently from other RtDs. You will post an action, and I will roll, but it doesn't end there. You will be the one describe what occurred to your character based on what you rolled.
It is in this way you can exhibit narrative control over your character. You get to decide what happens to them, within the boundaries provided.

For example if an attack lands and damages you, you get to determine how that attack happened and how your character responds, such as rolling away from the attack to duck behind an alley to try and escape. Based on how you roll, you may be able to add in details to the story, such as there being a convenient piece of cover nearby to protect you from ranged or magical attacks.
Once that is finished, I will write the narrative for NPC characters, and combine all the descriptions into a complete story describing the last roll.

Let's delve into the basics of how this works, from the time you post the action, to when you post your story.

There will be five players.

Players: (5/5)
TorrentHKU
CaveCricket48
Amazigh
dragonxp
caekdaemon

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:11 am, edited 20 times in total.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Post Re: Magical Girl, Monster Hunter
Okay well I guess we're doing this. Will post my char later, it's a fire melee girl. Also MLC I have like 4 companions, how is that gonna work?

Magical Grill

Allies

Big Friend

One day, normal youthful schoolgirl Kotori Itsuka is heading home from school. It's decently late at night, she stayed extra late working on the upcoming school festival, so she's the only one around as she walks out the front door of the school. She makes it about 4 steps away from the school before she hears a scream.

The scream comes to a sudden halt as out of the blue, a girl with very long bright purple hair and dressed in another school's uniform falls from the school roof, landing on the concrete in front of Kotori with a wet crack. Kotori is understandably distressed, and immediately falls backwards, going pale and trembling violently. She's normally a decently strong girl, but she also normally doesn't see girls commit suicide from the roof.

??? 1: "Oh, ♥♥♥♥. Well so much for that. Sorry Puchuu, she had a head start and I didn't have my wings out."
??? 2: Pupupu. Well so much for that. My brother's going to be a bit mad about this I suppose.
??? 3: "Eh, she was a washout. It happens. Lasted, what, 2 weeks? MG life is stressful, can't expect everyone to- ♥♥♥♥."
??? 1: "What?"
??? 3: "There's a girl down there. Right in front of Junko's body. She saw. And probably heard us, with how loud we're being."
??? 2: Hmmm. This could be an excellent opportunity.

With a shimmer of shadow, a small black furry creature, like a cross between a persian cat and shiba inu, appears in front of Kotori. She gives a small squeak of fear and tries to scoot backwards a bit.

??? 2: Hello. I'm Puchuu. How would you like to be a magical girl?

*2 Months Later*
Kotori stops in the hall, a flyer having caught her eye. Magical Girl Club? What?
...No, no it couldn't be. Leafa and Esdess would've said something before trying something THIS crazy. Probably.
She decides to check it out. Couldn't hurt to look, and maybe she'll end up finding some other MGs! Ha, as if. Not like the whole club is gonna be Magical Girls or something like that.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:34 pm
Profile WWW

They won't be around all the time.

Adding rules to the OP.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:03 pm
Profile WWW

Dis girl is not on fire

Last edited by dragonxp on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:04 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:36 am

Use your age from rolling, your physical age is whatever you rolled. (doesn't have to match the birthday) Make sure to spend all of your coins.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Girl

Big Friend

Intro thing

Last edited by Amazigh on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:29 am

If you feel like it, please also include how you killed the last magical girl, and maybe a bit about what you did next. This is optional, and I might just make up details as I need them if you don't post them.

Combat system will be based off of this. There will probably be a few modifications, but this is the foundation I'll be using.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

Fros was on her way to class, the teacher had requested she bring scissors. Unfortunately running was second nature for Fros. You know what they say about running with scissors after all. Despite that she ran towards her next class. In a split instant however a small girl comes out of a hallway which surprises Fros. Fros stumbles forward and trips. "Wha- ?!" the girl exclaimed right before the scissors pierced straight into the girl's chest. Fros looks up and sees the scissor and the girl. They looked at each other dumbfounded before the girl collapses on the floor. Fros is in shock, right before her eyes something unnatural appears. A bizarre mashup of stuffed animal, marshmallow and living creature. “Puchuu - she’s dead now. I guess I’ll need a replacement. Seeing as it’s your fault she’s dead. You owe me. So you work for me now.“.

The first thing that Fros realizes when she awakes is that she's no longer in the school hallway, rather she seems to be in a closet somewhere. Fros pushes the closet door open. The door now ajar, Fros can see her surroundings. The gym storage room. Fros ponders her predicament before immediately recalling the events that just transpired. The Girl. Fros rushes out towards the hallway she was just at. There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. "Did anything happen recently?", Fros basically shouts to the first student to pass by. "I don't think so...?" The student backs away a little bit at the sudden question. "Do you go to this school?" The student suddenly asks. Fros looks back at her peer. She recognizes her as one of her homeroom classmates. "You don't remember me? Fros from class 1-4?" The girl stops to think for a moment "I don't recall there being a Fros being called for attendance this morning. Well good afternoon anyway!" The girl walks away. Perhaps she just forgot. Fros thinks to herself.

Some time later Fros returns home and walks through the front door to tell her parents that she is home. But no one answers. Instead Fros finds that there's a news article on the worm fridge. "Local Girl Missing" the headline reads. Upon closer inspection Fros realizes that the girl on the cover is ... herself but from a younger age. She reads the date: September 11 2008. Fros looks at the article in disbelief. She looks around a little bit longer before breaking down and quietly sobbing. A few hours pass and Fros recovers her composure. I guess... I guess that this must be some other world. Fros gets up and in doing so sees the thermostat with a passing glance. -10 Degrees. That's surprisingly cold. Looking around it seems as if the whole kitchen is now shrouded in frost. But I don't feel cold. There must be a reason. Touching the frosted surfaces they feel oddly familiar and warm. The frost moves as if controlled by her. This is my life now. Fros leaves the house.

A few years past and I have no idea what to write anymore so something something discovery of power and hub and puchuu and stuff.

TLDR I can't write creatively so it was probably a good idea to not read that whole thing. Basically, running with scissors, grill dies, gets powers, explain closure, few years, power discovery and stuff.

ps. I'm bad at story telling

Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:23 am

Name: Rana Salient
-Birthday: 2007-5-14
-Description: image
-Body: Average
-Stats:
--STR: 6
--AGI: 15
--VIT: 4
--MAG: 11
--LCK: 4
-Specialization: Water
-Weapon: Ranged: Bo Shuriken
-Outfit: Flowy
-Power: Barrage
-Perks:
--Monstrous Metamorphosis
--Flexibility
--Incognito
--Eternal Style
--Healing Artifact

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:48 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'm insane enough I might just very well give this a go.

Give me a bit to think about it :p

Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

DOIT.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

Fate cards and zodiacs have been sent. (keep your fate cards secret)
Caek and any others are free to fill up the last slot, and they will be initiated as well, but for now let's start.

This game will work a bit differently from other RtDs. You will post an action, and I will roll, but it doesn't end there. You will be the one describe what occurred to your character based on what you rolled.
It is in this way you can exhibit narrative control over your character. You get to decide what happens to them, within the boundaries provided.

For example if an attack lands and damages you, you get to determine how that attack happened and how your character responds, such as rolling away from the attack to duck behind an alley to try and escape. Based on how you roll, you may be able to add in details to the story, such as there being a convenient piece of cover nearby to protect you from ranged or magical attacks.
Once that is finished, I will write the narrative for NPC characters, and combine all the descriptions into a complete story describing the last roll.

Let's delve into the basics of how this works, from the time you post the action, to when you post your story.

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:34 am
Profile WWW

The rules are in place. Where do your characters begin?

That is mostly up for you to decide. While this is partially determined by your character backstory and first action, you will need some group cohesion to tie everything together.

First off, you were all turned into magical girls by the same Puchuu, to make things a bit easier.

But there are a few more details we need. I'll assign a detail to each player, and they can decide it.
Here are some remaining questions:

• What is the setting for our adventure? Where did this transpire, what kind of world is it? Where do the players eventually meet after their transformation? School? Someone's house? The Overcity? Where's home base? Any kind of answer will do. HKU can answer this question.
  • What is the purpose of the group, and how did it form? Did the players know each other before their transformation into magical girls? And whether they did or not, what kind of group will they form? A school club? Maybe they're astronauts? Space marines? Cavecricket should have something to say about it.
  • Obviously there's some kind of opposition, most likely monster girls, but what is their purpose? What do they want? Do they want to take over the world so they can eat all the twinkies? Do they want to have some fun? Maybe they're just upset that you killed some magical girls. Who knows what these insidious figures desire... Maybe Amazigh does? He should answer this question.
  • While the baddies obviously want something, as powerful as they may be, they still need a method of doing their dirty work. Is it mind control? How do they deploy it? Maybe they just have a horde of minions - but what kind of minions? Maybe they even seduce those in power to further their goals, or some other cunning scheme, but the baddies must have a way of enacting their will. Both serious and wacky could work well here. Dragonxp might have some ideas for this question.

(You made trade questions with another player if they are willing.)

Post your answers here.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

CrazyMLC wrote:
  • Obviously there's some kind of opposition, most likely monster girls, but what is their purpose? What do they want? Do they want to take over the world so they can eat all the twinkies? Do they want to have some fun? Maybe they're just upset that you killed some magical girls. Who knows what these insidious figures desire... Maybe Amazigh does? He should answer this question.

In times of ancient past a Monster Empire ruled the lands in a reign of terror, but after an influx of Getter Rays FOREIGN SPACE MAGIC RAYS showered the earth, this SPACE MAGIC interfered with their ANCIENT MAGIC and was slowly but surely killing them all, so the remains of the original empire fled deep underground in order to survive and one day retake the surface.
Centuries later the monsters, having twisted themselves into new SPACE MAGIC resistant forms with secret ANCIENT MAGICAL TECHNIQUES have returned to remind the humans of their place and restore their once glorious Monster Empire.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:17 am
Loose Canon

CrazyMLC wrote:
  • What is the setting for our adventure? Where did this transpire, what kind of world is it? Where do the players eventually meet after their transformation? School? Someone's house? The Overcity? Where's home base? Any kind of answer will do. HKU can answer this question.
So, Magic. It did not in fact die off with the ancient monster people. Instead, people learned to harness the space magic, and as technology advanced, make machines to harness it. Now, humanity has Magitech that lets them bend and shape magic to their will. With the considerable power magitech weapons have, it's been restricted to military uses for the most part, and people who are born with an affinity to magic are often scouted and recruited into the military from a young age. The average citizen's life isn't changed much, aside from recognizing magic as a dangerous force instead of being confused by its existence.

Magical girls are people (mostly girls) who are born with a rare affinity for the old style of magic, the kind the ancient empire used. The government scouting only picks up on Space Magic affinity, so MGs often never even realize that they're special, until a little mutant cat comes up to them and offers them a chance to change their life. The general public sees Magical Girls as they do in real life, as a fun fantasy. The government on the other hand DOES know that they exist, a bit hard to ignore frilly pink schoolgirls blowing up city blocks. They're certainly not happy about MGs, and would really prefer they all went away and stopped making trouble, but MGs serve a vital monster-exterminating role, allowing the Government to focus on other things, so generally as long as a Magical Girl and their friends stay secret and don't cause too much destruction, they're left alone. The Puchuus are all capable of manipulating the Old Magic affinity to a certain degree, fostering it, encouraging it, nipping it in the bud, or even transferring it. Why they can do all of this is a suspicious mystery, and they aren't talking.

The players are all in, iunno, Neo-Tokyo. Gotta be Neo. Everyone attends a prestigious academy for gifted young girls.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next