View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 RtD: Bounty hunters Roll 1! 

Post Re: RtD: Bounty hunters Looking for players!
maart3n wrote:
TheKebbit wrote:
Unfortunately, graphite is (in the real world) the same substance as pencil lead - soft and brittle. There is no structural or protective advantage you can get from using it as a material. It probably shouldn't be a component of any armor.

So I googled it, and he means GraphENE, which is carbon particles laid out in a hexagon pattern so they have maximum bond strength with those next to them. Only took him 2 tries to not get it right.

Yeah. That one. Theoretically you could wear it under your skin, game theory made an interesting video about it based on the hitman movie.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:35 pm

johiah wrote:
maart3n wrote:
TheKebbit wrote:
Unfortunately, graphite is (in the real world) the same substance as pencil lead - soft and brittle. There is no structural or protective advantage you can get from using it as a material. It probably shouldn't be a component of any armor.

So I googled it, and he means GraphENE, which is carbon particles laid out in a hexagon pattern so they have maximum bond strength with those next to them. Only took him 2 tries to not get it right.

Yeah. That one. Theoretically you could wear it under your skin, game theory made an interesting video about it based on the hitman movie.

A suppressor doesn't do a whole lot for a gun unless if you're also using subsonic ammunition. Additionally, a desert eagle won't reliably cycle subsonic ammunition, .44 or .50.

If you want to go for silent killing, you'd need to specify a custom desert eagle modified to cycle subsonic ammunition.

OR, go for an AR-15 with a .458 SOCOM upper with a suppressor, and take some subsonic .458 SOCOM rounds. That setup was designed with suppressors in mind, so it'll reliably feed and you'll have much better range than a handgun.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:35 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
johiah wrote:
maart3n wrote:
TheKebbit wrote:

A suppressor doesn't do a whole lot for a gun unless if you're also using subsonic ammunition. Additionally, a desert eagle won't reliably cycle subsonic ammunition, .44 or .50.

If you want to go for silent killing, you'd need to specify a custom desert eagle modified to cycle subsonic ammunition.

OR, go for an AR-15 with a .458 SOCOM upper with a suppressor, and take some subsonic .458 SOCOM rounds. That setup was designed with suppressors in mind, so it'll reliably feed and you'll have much better range than a handgun.

Dont know a lot about guns, guess that works =P

Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:06 am

I seem to remember Snake using a lot of SOCOMs in his games, that's probably why.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

My favorite type of gun is the one that makes bang-bang noises.

We British don't get guns, so we don't learn much about them other than what we see in films and games ;_;

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Snake, try to remember some of the basics of CQC.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:06 pm

HA! You thought this was dead didn't ya? Well, my bad! Got a pretty bad case of the: "WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SICK NOW THIS IS TEST WEEK WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!"

Anyway, rolling!

Roll 1!

"Six Hunters in one room, a rare enough occurrence in general, but to see six so different and skilled gathered is a rare sight indeed.
There is a reason though, a very good one too; I've gathered you here because I've tired of these petty squabbles that ruin this once great city.
If the government refused to bring order back then I will, by diplomacy if I can and by force if I must.
I'll quickly skim over the introductions and then we'll begin."

CaveCricket48: Hubert Chien
"Hubert, you're here because I admire you're once held sense of right and wrong and believe it's still there. Beside that your skills as am urban hunter are second to none."

caekdaemon: "Big" Bobby B.
"Bobby, tales of your......physical presence proceed you. I'll be frank and admit you're here to be the 'force' part of 'by diplomacy or force', which isn't a bad thing."

Asklar: Anthony "Tony" Ramírez
"Ah, Tony, I was worried you would decline my invitation.
I know you're scared of those chips and let me tell you: we've got a lead on some people who were responsible for similar atrocities, I wanted you there when they were caught and brought to justice."

TorrentHKU: John Freechman
"Mr. Freechman, we believe you too were in some way involved with the team that had such an impact on Tony's life.
Although it seems you got away without any negative side effects. Your recent achievements however were impressive enough to net you an invitation."

TheKebbit: VORGA
"VORGA, am I pronouncing that right? Yes? Good!
I'm glad you joined us today, I firmly believe in the requirement of pure logic in every decision and believe you'll provide that for the team, beside other unconventional traits."

johiah: Tirroc Alando
"Tirroc, our international angle! If I'm not mistaken, and I never am, you've been here for a few years already.
Enforcing the will of those who brought about this great city's downfall. Ah well, nothing we can do about that now.
I believe your knowledge of the inner workings of the Dynamic Robotics compounds are second to none and such knowledge is scarce."

"Now that that's out of the way we'll get to the business side of why you're here:
There have been rumors of people murdering their friends and loved ones before disappearing for a while now.
But we've found a common thread in all these cases, they all occurred just days after these people received 'experimental' bionics from a group operating out of south Manhattan.
After one of them tried to turn one of my associates inside out we recovered a chip from their brain that acted as a neural receiver, the same kind embedded in your bionics Tony.
I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in my Newer York and would like for them to seize their operations at once. Suspects are to be brought in alive or dead, with varying rewards.
A car will bring you as close as we can safely get you, from there on out you're on your own.
If you have any questions now is the only time."

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:23 pm

"Could I have a map of the area, and what kind of people will we be facing? Any experimental bionic people? And if so, how strong are they really?"
>Examine my compadres.

Last edited by johiah on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:18 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"So we just walk in and out? What's the catch here?"

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Post Re: RtD: Bounty hunters Roll 1!
> Wait for the previous questions to be answered.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:28 pm

>Assess ammunition and power reserves.
"Detail would be appreciated."

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Wait for the mission to start.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"I've got nothing to ask really. Not in a hurry to meet with more punks with guns though."

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 am
Profile WWW

RIP
Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:05 pm
To
Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:35 pm

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2