View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Roll to Date - Roll 23 - Monday, 25/Aug, Block 3 

Post Re: Roll to Date - Roll 18 - Monday, 25/Aug, Lunch
"... I see. That the kind of date that offs half the student body?"

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:13 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well... Probably pack stuff for it, just in case? Like, first aid kit, flash light, a-a knife... I don't know how much we can really prepare without knowing what it is, but we can be ready for anything at least. Basic survival stuff.
W-we need to talk to the upperclassmen, too. I don't know what kind of stuff the Dates usually are, but if that many people d-died, then I don't think they are all going to be as gentle as translating books."

Rhea: "Basic survival equipment. First aid kit, flash light, knife, rope, water bottle, matches. What else?"
Female, Eyes: Green, Hair: Bob Cut/Black, Skin: Light, Body: Average, Height: Short

Rana: "Some way to communicate? Walkie-talkies? I don't have a phone, and I don't think we should rely on phone service for emergencies."
Female, Eyes: Pink, Hair: Light Pink, Skin: Light, Body: Lean, Height: Short

CrazyMLC wrote:
"... I see. That the kind of date that offs half the student body?"

Maria: "No. Less than fifty students died on that date."
Female, Eyes: Brown, Hair: Long Brown, Skin: Light, Body: Average, Height: Average

(To Everyone)

Maria taps the microphone to get everyone's attention.

Maria: "There's not a lot of people here, but I will try to tell you more of what I know. If you have any questions, just, raise your hand, or shout them out.

First, for Artifacts, we categorize them into seven color-coded groups - Blue, Green, Yellow, and Red are the main ones. Violet is rare, Black is extremely rare, and White is theorized but we haven't found one yet.

Blue artifacts are the safest. They have a very minor effect or ability, and no negative consequences. One Blue Artifact we have is the Endless Pen - it looks like an ordinary pen but never runs out of ink.

Green artifacts are stronger, and have a minor consequence or cost. Something temporary, not causing permanent bodily harmful. A Green Artifact we have is the Mending Staff - you hit people with it and it heals them. The harder you hit them, the more they are healed. The staff repairs any damage it causes itself as well as other wounds on the target, so it technically can't be used to kill or inflict lasting bodily harm, but it does hurt when it's used.

Yellow artifacts are strong but dangerous, their consequences or costs can be harmful and possibly lethal if one is not careful. My Prophetic Bowl is a Yellow - a medium sized wooden bowl that needs to be filled to the brim with blood. Once full, one asks the bowl a question and the majority of the blood will be consumed by the bowl, leaving traces on the bottom that spell out a vague answer. This is what I use to predict Dates.

Red artifacts are powerful, but either the misuse or the cost of use is the user's life. The Magnetic Chessboard - it looks like a checkbook, opened up it's a magnetic chess board. Once the board is opened, the artifact summons fifteen entities that represent pieces of a chessboard - Eight halberdiers, two priests, two heavily armored soldiers bearing shields, two mounted knights, and a Queen. The user of the Magnetic Chess Board is the King. The user is required to play a game of Chess to use the summoned entities - moving any of the white pieces allows the user to issue a single command to a summoned unit, the moved piece and the commanded unit do not have to match. The catch is that the artifact will play the black pieces with the skill of a super computer. If the user ends up in a Checkmate, they die. Closing the Magnetic Chess Board at any time will reset the chess game and destroy all summoned entities, and the entities can only be summoned after 24 hours.

Violet artifacts should not be used unless if one has an iron will. They're extremely powerful, but instead of causing bodily damage or instant death, they corrupt the user, making them turn on their own friends. We only know of two Violet artifacts - the Knight's Sword and the Cleric's Shield. The Knight's Sword gives the user extreme strength and speed, and the artifact itself is razor sharp and assumed to be indestructible. The Cleric's Shield creates protective barriers, can heal, and create damaging flames.

Black artifacts grant no benefit to the user, they only have a powerful negative effect. The Apple of Discord is one - it corrupts everyone who touches it or is near it for too long.

White artifacts are theorized to be the opposite of Black, but we have never found one. They would grant the user a powerful ability, and have no flaws.

That was a bit long. Did everyone, understand that?"

Female, Eyes: Brown, Hair: Long Brown, Skin: Light, Body: Average, Height: Average

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:24 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Right. Colour-coded categorizing for the artifacts. Seems simple enough. How do we find out of the beret has any side effects?"

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:53 am

"Are teachers ever affected by the outcome of a Date?"

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:16 pm
Loose Canon

"Something to e-escape, maybe. Take your bike to school from now on?"

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

"What's your recommendation on making it through a date? I can't imagine it's always easy, even if you know it's coming."

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

>Continue sobbing.
>My normal school life is ruined.
>Everything is horrible.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 pm

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Something to e-escape, maybe. Take your bike to school from now on?"

Rana: "That would probably be a good idea. I probably need to go home and tune mine up, tire pressure and stuff."
Female, Eyes: Pink, Hair: Light Pink, Skin: Light, Body: Lean, Height: Short

Rhea: "I don't have a bike."
Female, Eyes: Green, Hair: Bob Cut/Black, Skin: Light, Body: Average, Height: Short

Amazigh wrote:
>Continue sobbing.
>My normal school life is ruined.
>Everything is horrible.

You continue sobbing alone at your table. Everything is going horrible, life sucks.

At least you're in the school building, unlike the majority of the First Years that just left.

(To Everyone)

Natti wrote:
"Right. Colour-coded categorizing for the artifacts. Seems simple enough. How do we find out of the beret has any side effects?"

Maria: "I can use my Prohetic Bowl to determine the level of threat that an artifact poses to the user. The categorization we use is actually based off of the answers that the bowl provides. Safe, Minor, Harm, Death, and Corrupt."

TheKebbit wrote:
"Are teachers ever affected by the outcome of a Date?"

Maria: "Yes. We currently have no teachers for upperclassmen, and many of the First Year teachers were newly hired for this year. Teachers are no more safe from Dates than students."

CrazyMLC wrote:
"What's your recommendation on making it through a date? I can't imagine it's always easy, even if you know it's coming."

Maria: "Preparing emergency supplies, having an escape plan, having a group of friends to help each other out. None of those give you, any sort of guarantee.

But they help."

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:52 pm

"What's the worst that's happened, and how'd you make it through?"

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:54 pm
Profile WWW

(To Everyone)

CrazyMLC wrote:
"What's the worst that's happened, and how'd you make it through?"

She's silent for a moment.

Maria: "Last school year, near the end. Half of the students were gone, but we had many artifacts, and we knew how to survive, or we thought we knew.

That last Date was a Teleportation. At first, there was a warning - horns blared in the sky, and we rushed to get ready. We grabbed equipment, gathered friends and hid in shelters, using radios to talk to other groups, try to figure out what was happening. Then, we were all suddenly transported into a different place. I remember my vision going blurry and then when it cleared, I was in some medieval kingdom in a tavern.

The people of the kingdom declared us witches and began slaughtering us. They gathered up other students and burned them in public. I was with Charlotte and Tommy, they were able to protect our group. Charlotte had the Magnetic Chessboard, Tommy had the Flame Glove, I had the Mending Staff and the Prophetic Bowl, Gillian had the Crank Musket, Wendy had the Apocalypse Axe and the Shooting Star.

We figured that in order to leave the place, we had to kill the Holy Knight and the High Cleric. They were the ones in the kingdom commanding the hunt for us. The knight had the Knight's Sword, and the cleric had the Cleric's Shield. They were responsible for killing most of the students.

My group, we were on the church grounds trying to take out the cleric. We were surrounded by spearmen, and the Cleric was at a distance, waiting for us to fall. Wendy used the Shooting Star - it grants one wish of the user, though what it can do is limited. The cost is the user's life. She sacrificed her life and wiped out all the soldiers in the area and killed the cleric.

Gillian picked up the Cleric's Shield, and he was almost instantly corrupted. He went on a rampage, killing more of the kingdom's people, thinking that we had to exterminate them all to go back home. We chased after him, trying to snap him out of it, until he started attacking us. We ran and hid, and he turned his attention back to killing everything in sight, even other students.

After sleeping in a cellar, Charlotte's Magnetic Chessboard had reset, and she went after Gillian on her own. We chased after her, and by the time we found her she had killed Gillian and took the Cleric's Shield. She seemed to be able to control herself, and said we should just hide and wait. We did, we waited. We talked, about Wendy, and Gillian.

After another day or so, I remember my vision blurring while talking to Tommy, and we were back at the school. There were bodies and ashes everywhere, everyone who had died. There were only a few others besides us that had survived, and they left. Never came back to the school. One of them has the Knight's Sword with them."

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

:I

"How large is the prophetic bowl, though? Is it... much of a drain on a person to fill it?"

Last edited by Natti on Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:01 am
Loose Canon

"O-oh."

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:01 am
Profile WWW

"Cripes, can't believe the school is still running after stuff like that."

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:25 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"O-oh."

Rana and Rhea listen to Maria and the people asking her questions, while Danny seems to be drooling.

(To Everyone)

Natti wrote:
:I

"How large is the prophetic bowl, though? Is it... much of a drain on a person to fill it?"

Maria: "It's big enough to fit over my head and cover my eyes. It's pretty draining to fill it, yes. I can recover quickly using the Mending Staff, but that's, not too fun."

CrazyMLC wrote:
"Cripes, can't believe the school is still running after stuff like that."

Maria: "I don't know why it's still running, either. The principal is aware of the Dates, but he thinks they're supposed to happen, like they're acts of God or something."

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:06 am
Loose Canon

"...I don't think I like the principal. I-if they're just letting people... die like this.
T-the Dates can happen all they want without anyone around to get hurt by them."

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next