View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next
 Shadowrun 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1471
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
Shoot the car, aim a bit lowish to decrease the chance of "accidentally" braining the driver.


Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
***ROLL 5: CHASE ROLL***



Rolling for initiative!

Allie: 5
Faust: 9
Vargall: 12
Bright: 13
Backsmasher: 9

Speedy Thug: 11

Turn order: Bright>Vargall>Speedy>Backsmasher>Faust>Allie>Bright>Vargall>Backsmasher>Bright>Vargall>Backsmasher


Pulling close to the van, Bright punches the window with all his might! It cracks and buckles, but does not break. The driver looks at him with panicked eyes, trying desperately to keep his vehicle under control.


Long story short, it fails. The van, trailing sparks and burnt tires, makes a sudden turn to the left. Bright manages to stop his bike just in time to not get hit, and watches in awe as the larger vehicle runs over the sidewalk and slams directly into a closed chinese restaurant on the ground floor of an apartment building.

Speedy is sent flying through the windshield, which is probably a good thing since the van's motor promptly explodes, engulfing the cabin in flames. Speedy takes 6P damage as he lands on a cluster of cheap plastic chairs!

Vargall attempts to stop his car before reaching the crash site, but is going too fast, and drifts past it with a loud screeching of tires as the vehicle spins out of control!

Backsmasher decides to run after the vehicles. Of course, a person on foot couldn't hope to compete with- Oh wait, Backsmasher is a troll. He charges in leaps and bounds across the street, leaving deep cracks on the concrete with each step, and sending leaves and papers flying as he passes. Within a single combat turn of three seconds, he has covered 120 meters, about halfway to the crash site. That means that he was moving at 82.3 miles per hour. That's as much as 8 tens. And that's incredible.


Faust summons a Force 5 air elemental, and screams at it to "STOP THE BLOODY CAR OH GOD". The spirit sees only a single car currently in movement: Vargall's. It promptly envelops the area with its wisp-like energies.

You all blink in surprise as the world around you seems to slow to a crawl. The car, which was just spinning wildly at 130mph, suddenly shifts to a leisurely 15. One of Vargall's beer bottles, sent flying by the sudden jerk, floats lazily around the cabin as if in zero gravity. Sparks and smoke fill the air behind the car as the sudden deceleration burns the tires, in a miniature slo-motion fireworks display.


Allie, realising there will probably be more kidneys to remove and profit to be had, begins to walk towards the others.
She purposefully takes her time, so she can pretend not to be involved in case the cops arrive.

Bright jumps off his bike and walks into the burning mess that the restaurant has become. He charges at Speedy, and slaps the thug in the face with his shock glove. There is a loud ZAP, and Speedy immediately goes limp, convulsing slightly. He has just taken 13S damage. And that is a lot.


Vargall does his very best to take back control of his vehicle, but the wheels can't find traction as the car is forced to move much slower than it wants to. It slides onto the curb and veers dangerously close to nearby storefronts. Finally, he manages to engage first gear and slam the brakes, and comes to a screeching, nerve-wracking stop.

As soon as the vehicle finally comes to a stop and you all breathe a sigh of relief, it ceases to be affected by the spirit's magic. The sudden jolt sends all loose objects (and babies) flying across the cabin, and activates the airbags onto your faces.


What a day.

What a lovely day.



What will you do?


Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:32 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1004
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
> Slow down my pace, a bit, then gate a good measure of my surroundings. It's relatively calm now.


Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
> Take the body to Vargall's car.

"Let's find an abandoned building on the edge of town. Make sure not to hurt him."

> Go back to my bike and Vargall's lead.


Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
> Try to disengage deathgrip on car interior, and exit car.


Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
> See if the baby is okay from the crazy car driving, apply medical assistance if needed.


Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1471
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
throw the unconscious enemy in my trunk and head towards interrogationville/torturetown.


Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
Faust attempts to get out of the car but his way is blocked by Allie, who jumps onto the back seat. He briefly considers trying to push past her, then decides it'd be better not to anger the team's chief psycho.


Allie asks the woman for the baby, then gives it a quick once-over. It seems unharmed, but she puts a bandaid onto its forehead for good measure.


Bright and Vargall stuff Speedy into the trunk, then turn around and head to the outskirts of town. Backsmasher quickly dodges out of the way as the car and bike speed by!
Backsmasher looks despondently at the rest of the team driving away. Lonely again, with only the ruined noodle shop and burning van for company. ;_;


After driving for some time, you seem to be lost. Bright, Vargall and Faust check and re-check their maps and GridLink, but routing in this rundown part of town is unreliable at best. Thankfully, Allie quickly locates a suitable destination and the optimal way to get there. She's so reliable and dependable!


Well, you have arrived. The place is... A dump, to put it lightly, and the neighborhood is worse, but it looks isolated enough. The fire-blackened skeleton of an old skyscraper looms ahead of you, the single standing structure in a two block radius.



What will you do?


Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:52 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1004
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
> Go to wherever home currently is, this made the day long already ;_;


Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:35 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
"Where are we? WHY are we here?"


Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:37 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
"If there are any witnesses or cameras, it's possible that Lone Star could come looking for us. Either to ask questions, or to throw the book at us just because. Looks a lot worse if we've taken one of the gangers prisoner and are interrogating him our apartment. We're safer using an unknown spot on the edge of town both as a safehouse and a place to do our business."

Hmm, wasn't there a fifth one with us? I coulda sworn...


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:20 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1471
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
Take our prisoner inside, break his leg first so he can't run away. Then get the jumper cables and battery...


Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
> Help take the prisoner inside. Make sure he doesn't die or get mortally wounded.


Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:02 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
> Keep the prisoner from dying.


Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Shadowrun
Vargall steps onto Speedy's knee, then bends it hard until he hears it slip free of its joint. That should do the trick!
Speedy takes 3P damage. He's still breathing, at least.

Vargall takes the battery off the car, but brushes against the contacts in the process and takes a mild shock. He suffers 3S(e) damage.

Congratulations! This is the first time in the story so far that any of the players took damage. The car battery is indeed a fearsome foe, to have so easily bypassed your defenses.


Allie, Vargall and Bright carry the prisoner into the building. The ground floor is a soot-stained mess of rubble and broken drywall, but seems empty and safe enough. You find a room that doesn't look likely to cave in while you're working, and set up shop there. Good thing allie brought enough flashlights, because the place is otherwise pitch black.


Faust sits in the car with the lady and her kid, who is thankfully silent for now. She looks aprehensively at the derelict, menacing street.
"So, uh... You guys do this kind of thing often?"


Backsmasher decides to get back home. His apartment back in Bellevue seeming cozier and cozier by the minute. Unfortunately, the shortest path there is through the Redmond Barrens. No sane man would willingly set foot there at night.

But hey, you're not a man, you're a troll! A little walking (and possibly running from wild dogs) can't be bad for your health!

After several minutes of walking through the rundown, empty neighborhood, he notices something out of place. Hey, isn't that the one his buddies took off in? Yeah, and there's that ork's motorbike too. What could they possibly be doing in front of a condemned building in THIS part of town?



What will you do?


Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.039s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]