View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 RtD Galactic 

Post Re: RtD Galactic
"Where are we right now?"

> Is there a map somewhere? What does "outside" look like? Do I still have my glasses?

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:36 pm

"Nico's going to be so piiiiiissed. And the cargo too, we're in so much trouble. Actually, what was the cargo? "
Check in with Nico to see how he the repairs to fox's legacy are going. At least we didn't wreck her.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Quote:
Name: Jakob Stennard

Race: Human

Backstory: A vanguard colonist and military vacuum repair worker attached to a far outpost of human civilization. Serving aboard the heavy polar-orbit station CMS3920 - a monolith of steel towed from system to system in the belly of super-battleships that drove back the dark frontier - Stennard served three 6-year terms firing exploration crawlers and terraforming packages from his orbital home down into unknown worlds. Nurturing and defending fledgling colonies was not without its dangers, as savage pirates and rivals to humanity assailed the CMS with everything they had to kill its crew and loot the planets.

The attack that led to Stennard's honorable discharge from the navy left him bleeding and marooned for 170 days in the guts of the CMS, left behind in the chaos after the evacuation shuttles took away all his colleagues. Trapped in the station's corpse with a burnt radio transmitter, he nearly lost his mind. When late-coming salvage crews cut open the wreck expecting to find valuable equipment, they found only an emaciated man.

Returning home to a failed marriage, an Earth family that forgot him and a pension not enough to support his medical debts, he has returned to space to find friendship and make his fortune.

Description: Swarthy, shaven skull, scars and lines in the features. Dark eyes which are noticeably sunken in; Stennard shows heavy signs of wear. His shattered chest cavity is partially supported with a mesh of biocompatible plastics - Stennard's breathing is deep and slow, and he chews blue wads of painkilling gum to forget that he is no longer the man he used to be. His disposition is warm, though he has good excuse to be cynical. He is only glad to be alive, to see the stars for some time longer.

Abilities:
Will Through Pain - Stennard's hardened system means that for purposes of pain calculation, his dice total is multiplied by 7 rather than 10 in the final step that determines whether he has been stunned by trauma.
Null-G Control/Exobody - Intimately familiar with the mechanics of spacesuits, manipulator arms and hard orbital maneuvers performed with shuttles and manned maneuvering units. Excellent working knowledge of life support and orbit-keeping functions of space stations.

Stats:
Strength 3 + 6
Agility 3
Perception 3
Speed 2
Intelligence 4 + 1
Charisma 3
Will 3 + 2
Adaptable: 3 bonus passive points.

Contacts:
Rackham Modular Orbital Systems: a firm specializing in all things related to space hab assembly and commercial exploitation of planetary orbit. Architects of the standardized power, life support and data linkage protocols used in civilian stations throughout human space. Its executives are willing to cut Stennard unusual deals, knowing that he is qualified to deliver on their investments.

Major Conrad Devlin: commanding officer of the CMS, a war hero and expert pilot who continues burning pirates out on the frontier in a stealthed frigate which has become notorious for bringing just death to ruthless warlords. Assisted Stennard in evacuating the station during its dying descent. Never forgave himself for accidentally leaving Stennard behind.

Dr. Genevieve Martel: an ecosystem engineer of some renown, responsible for developing the Martel Optimized Phototroph biosphere that is used for famine relief on backwater worlds. Aboard the CMS during its final moments - Stennard saved her life.

Janna: favorite childhood friend. A mathematical prodigy who studied the mysteries of FTL travel in a prestigious Lunar university while Stennard was drafted into the frontier corps. Separated physically, but never forgotten by each other.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:38 pm

Because I forgot to do inventories, I will just get started.

The nurse gives you all white t-shirts and black cargo pants and shows you to the change rooms.

CaveCricket48(Judith):

Judith changes quickly, then looks for her glasses. She remembers she has a Mindjack, like almost every civilized person gets when they turn 18. It is a small chip, the size of a cell, and is implanted by inhaling it. After checking for a map and downloading it, she finds her glasses in the pockets of her cargo pants.

Maart3n(Kyr)

Kyr puts on his T+Middle Line Shirt, and his cargo pants quickly. You check in with Nico, and he yells at you straight away. "Where were you for 2 months? I thought you were dead, and now you wake me up when I'm sleeping?" You ask him about the repairs on Fox's Legacy. They are almost done, but the guns still need to be mounted.

CrazyMLC(Lofty):

Lofty can't really put on human clothes, so he puts them in a bag. However, this takes a while.

TheKebbit(Jakob):

Jakob takes a while to get dressed.

All:After getting dressed, and doing whatever you're doing, you all remember something. You were hired by Nico(Maart3n's contact)'s friend Lupi'ine, a Kandaari who made a fortune as a bounty hunter. She paid you each 10000 up front, with another 20000 after for transporting low-quality beer to Vynka, a small world with about a population of 2 billion Aentes. Your craft was a very large freighter, with 14 crew, you 4, and 10 others. Well, only having 14 men onboard wasn't a good idea, as pirates knocked out the engines, and prepared to seize the cargo. However, Yunl'pp, a large world colonized by Humans, and filled with sprawling fields of Terran Rice, pulled you towards it, and along with you, the pirates. The pirates exploded first, killing 9 crew, with 5 surviving. As the ship prepared to atomize, you 5 entered the escape pods, and landed...somewhere. Next thing you know, there are only 4 left, all in a human hospital.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:01 am

> Call up John Freemaneth. Tell him to get his ass to wherever the hell I am with a ship and maybe some weapons and tools and raw materials. He knows the deal - mobile armory and workshop and all that.

See if I can figure out where we are in relation to Yunl'pp (how do you even pronounce that) using this map.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:52 am

"Come on Nico, you know me, I can charm the pants off death herself. Some gassacks hit us and we went down, just woke up. Good news though, we've got some extra cash to spend on my baby."
Call Jonah Silverton and inquire about some big guns

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:33 am

"Woah! To think we crash landed on a human world. I hope we weren't too injured. Did you have to mess with my suit to help me get better?"

> Inspect my poor suit! I hope it's okay.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:45 am
Profile WWW

"What happened to the fifth? Does anybody remember?"
>Struggle to recall while paging through the galactic social net to check if Janna has asked about me. Or if anyone noticed I had vanished, really.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:00 am

CaveCricket48(Judith):

Roll: Charisma=3+Roll=6=9
Random Luck: 4
You call up John. Currently, he is flying around a ship full of newly-re-stolen bricks, mortar, and construction tools, and he's looking for a place to sell them. He also has a crate a light SMGs, and a decent-sized Sniper Cannon. After giving co-ordinates, he tells you he'll be there in 3 Terran days. While you wait, you research the planet for a bit. Large, mostly rural planet, with one big city, named Kamnith. Very isolated, the only planet in its star system. You also find a pronunciation guide which tells you pronounce Yunl'pp is: Yoonel-"Purring Fish Sound"

Maart3n(Kyr)

You call up Jonah. He gives you a list of heavy guns, for planes and for organisms.
Handheld: Luknak 4-5: Large ballistic machinegun with 200 9mm rounds, propelled at 5 rounds a second. 2350GC.
BatRif 23: A heavy battle rifle, this fires 13.24X5.13 rounds, with a 10 round magazine. 1900GC
The Hand Cannon: A one shot pocket grenade launcher with scope and foregrip. Only one in stock. 1580GC

Craft: Lazerfi 7M: Laser Cannon, capable of melting through reinforced tungsten. 9600GC
Kakfa Mk8 Railgun: Rapid-fire railgun, fires 12mm rounds. 6210GC

CrazyMLC(Lofty):

You check your suit. Except for a small scratch on the paint, it seems unharmed.

TheKebbit(Jakob):

Jakob asks everyone if they remember the 5th person.
Rolls: 5,4,6,6
All of you remember an explosion during your descent in the drop pods. That was probably the 5th person's pod.
After checking Reddit(Yes, Reddit still exists) you conclude that Janna has been busy with a large project, something to do with a series of mutations after a spaceship exploded in the middle of an FTL transit.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:40 am

"Well, friends, it may not yet be time to part ways. I will be looking for work and a ticket off-planet, and anyone who wants is free to join me for the moment."

>Scour the infosphere for technical work appropriate for my training.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:45 am

"I've a friend that'll be here in three days. He can probably sell some of his stuff here and get some supplies, and haul us out'a here.

So, we just need to ♥♥♥♥ around for three days."

> Give these people my contact information or however ranged communications work.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:54 am

to Judith: "Alright, I know a good fence to sell this stuff to."

Tell the arms dealer I'm not in the market for any of that, but that I could use 4 pistols.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:09 pm

"Oh no, Mr. Suitson!"

> Frantically look for new paint to repair the scratch, try to get the help of my comrades.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

CaveCricket48(Judith):

You have a quick conversation, and exchange contact information.

Maart3n(Kyr)

Roll: 5 Charisma+5=10. Jonah cuts you a deal, since you're buying in bulk. Buy 3, get 1 free. He offers you 4 Beretta 98SCs, 11mm 15-shot semi-auto handguns, for a total of 1500GC. You also ask him for a can of yellow paint. You will pay when his employee arrives in 2 days.

CrazyMLC(Lofty):

You worry about your suit, and exchange contact information.

TheKebbit(Jakob):

Roll: 3

You look for a job. Turns out, you're in a small town on a large highway, named Glomton. It contains a hospital, hotel, and a factory for turning rice husks into biofuel. Basically, they want you to come in once every week and fix up the machinery. Not exactly your cup of tea, but it's close enough. It pays 500 GalCreds per week. Your next shift is tomorrow. To succed in not screwing anything up, roll higher than 2.

All: You all share your contact information, and then the following conversation occurs.
Judith:"I've a friend that'll be here in three days. He can probably sell some of his stuff here and get some supplies, and haul us out'a here. So, we just need to ♥♥♥♥ around for three days."

Kyr:"Alright, I know a good fence to sell this stuff to."

Lofty:"Oh no, Mr. Suitson! I need paint!"

We Will now have a 3 day timeskip, so please tell me what you will do for 3 days. The nurse has given you accommodations in a small hotel, free of charge due to insurance, at least for the first week.
Template:
Day 1:
Day 2:
Day 3:

Schedule: Day 1: Nothing of note
Day 2: Jonah's employee arrives
Day 3: John, Mike arrive

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:01 pm

> Day 1: Fix machines, buy food to last for this day and the next two days
Day 2: Fix machines, find a construction company that needs to buy brick and mortar
Day 3: Fix machines, meet up with John.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next