View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 RtD Galactic 

Post RtD Galactic

Helloo everyone! I'm pretty new here, and it seems as though this is the only really active part of the community. With that in mind, here is.... *insert drum roll here* Roll to Dodge: Galactic!

Roll to Dodge: Galactic is set in a universe where humans and other aliens have joined together in the infinite abyss of space. Together, they have discovered FTL travel, dimensional portals, and even a touch of magic. You are born into this wonderful, yet treacherous time, so do whatever you want with your life, and as the old planetgoons would say, YOLO!

This is a very choice-based adventure, where the choices of the players can go anywhere. You may start together, but it does not have to be co-operative, although Karma may bite you in... uncomfortable places. Beyond that, let your imagination run wild!

Planet- Yunl'pp
Town-Glomton

Rules:

Races, Contacts and Ablilities

Health

This is my first time GMing, even though I have done forum RPs before. So,PM me if you think there is something I forgot! Thanks, and have a great day/night!

Last edited by TheMysticDreamer on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Post Re: RtD Galactic
I'll reserve a spot in case enough people want to join.

Also, don't you dare pass off your paint artwork as photoshop.

EDIT for pre-emptive midnight char sheet:

Code:
Race: Twea'd: Bipedal lanky humanoids with 4 long arms. Extremely dextrous but physically frail.
Name: Kyr
Strength 2
Agility 4
Perception 4
Speed 3 +2
Intelligence 4 +1
Charisma 2 +3
Will 2
Can manipulate four things at once
I took the average amount of skill points between the 3 races and redistributed. The + x is the my self distributed points

Skills:
Slick Willy: Can talk himself out of almost every situation.
Split vision: No/lower penalty to aiming at multiple things at once.
Left the bonuses open.

Associates:
"Nico": A clone bred to be a fighter pilot turned aerospacecraft salesman. Nico can provide and modify anything that flies.
Jonah Silverton: Arms Dealer
Mike Re: Fence
"Fox's legacy": Heavily modified Ibram Gaunt-class gunship. Two seat cockpit layout swapped for a single seat with an extra stick on either side to control the ball turrets on the sides of the fuselage. Forward turret swapped for gun array. Room for 6 passengers and 40 cubic meters of cargo. (think B25-H with some more 40k fire raptor mixed in.)
I figured that the orbital spaceship would be okay if I substituted it for an associate. If it's not we can probably work something out.

And yes it's full of references.

Last edited by maart3n on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:03 am

Reserve.

Edit: Char make.

Quote:
Name: Judith Trovare

Race: Human

Backstory: Born with a cataract in her right eye, Trovare spent the first few years of her life half-blind until her lower class family managed to scrap enough money together to have her right eye fixed at a shady medical clinic in the crime-rampant isolated space station where she lived. While this was successful in removing the cataract, it left her right eye with a distorted eye lens, requiring a heavy optical correctional lens so she could see properly. Despite her less than stellar vision, she has a high attention to detail almost to a fault, making her adept in engineering weapons and instruments.

Description:
A somewhat-short, lithe female in her early 20s. Short brown hair, brown eyes, and pale skin from a lack of natural light.
She wears a pair of metal round-framed glasses that only have a single lens, which is for her right eye.

Abilities:
Critical Eye - Hold still and analyze. Temporarily decrease Agility and increase Perception.
Steady Hand - Nimble fingers find a place tinkering with delicate machinery or pulling the trigger on the perfect shot. Increase success for fine tasks.

Stats:
Strength 3
Agility 3
Perception 3 + 4
Speed 2 + 2
Intelligence 4 + 3
Charisma 3
Will 3
Adaptable: 3 bonus passive points.

Contacts:
Kark Hopkins - Brown-haired, light-skinned, lanky and roughly shaven. Fellow engineer, often works with Judith to get large builds together and occasionally a competitor on black-market arms dealing. Nothing like a little healthy competition.

Charles "Charlie" Harrison - Judith's loyal customer that works as a part-time bodyguard. Short dark hair, slightly tanned skin. Tall and strong, but not exactly a walking mass of muscle. He's decent with a gun, but often misses critical shots.

Tabi Konai - Long black hair, dark skin, small frame. Infamous for blowing up government buildings. She has a knack for electronics, be it remote-controlled detonators or rigging up a basic computer from scrap electronics. On good terms with Judith, the two often trading equipment/materials and information or working on a coop project.

John Freemaneth - Average height, short hair, athletic build. Pretty sure that's not his real name, but he can't remember ♥♥♥♥ ever since he got smacked in the head with a brick in an alley fight. Judith throws weapons and equipment at him, points him at a job that needs taking care of, and he more or less gets it done, only asking for new toys in return.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:07 am

Let me know if this works. I may have missed something, and wouldn't mind playing a race in the OP.

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:37 am, edited 13 times in total.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:48 am
Profile WWW

Reserve, please!

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:07 am

Thank you everybody for the warm reception! Anyways, I've added how health works(d'oh), and probably should mention that each species should have 21 points, so please tweak that. I'll PM you if I find anything wrong with your stats, abilities, or contacts.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:15 am

We are also beginning play soon, since we have more than three people, so please make your characters!

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:31 am

TheMysticDreamer wrote:
and probably should mention that each species should have 21 points, so please tweak that. I'll PM you if I find anything wrong with your stats, abilities, or contacts.

Human basestat is 25

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 am

Right. They are a special exception because they have no special ability. I guess I'll change it to their special ability.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:58 am

Char made.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:17 am

Maart3n, CrazyMLC, your characters are approved. CaveCricket, you need to give your char 3 more passive points, because I say so. ;) Also, I'll be away for 2 days, so...Yeah!

Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:02 am

Char updated.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Aaaand I am back! Please create your characters if you haven't already, and we'll start very soon!

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Keb tends to be a bit erratic when it comes to being on the forums, might be good to get things semi-started and give him another day or so to make a char.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:52 pm

Okay, we will get started!

The Game Begins

You all wake up in the same large hospital room. You hear a fain beep, and a nurse rushes towards you all.

"Did you just..." She mutters.

You recall what your life was like. After going through your backstory, you remember why you are here. You met each other because... Then took a ship to.... And then the ship crashed and burned.

The nurse checks a couple monitors, then begins talking.

"So, in case you don't remember, you were on an unidentified spacecraft that was attacked by pirates. They set off a FEMP, which ripped apart your ship. We found you in drop pods, but had no idea who you are, other than your name, and home planet. Why? Because the FEMP also erased your history. You, my friend are a clean slate. Sorry, was I monologuing?"
"I guess we can discharge you now, since that's the last item on the checklist."
She brings you to the front counter, gets you to register in the hospital database, and checks your finances. 10000 GalCreds.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next