View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:13 am



Reply to topic  [ 6969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421 ... 465  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
> Expedition team! Time to see how they feel after the first outing.



Leaving the cleanroom facility, you head back to the offices.

The expedition team doesn't have their own office rooms yet - they seem to be lounging in the conference room for the time being.

Walking in, you see Oliver slumped back in a chair, sleeping, Evelyn is reading a book, and Valerie has her shirt partially lifted, gingerly poking at the bandages around her torso.
7419-12-27 Monday


Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hello everyone. Sorry for the lack of offices, I really should ask Liam to speed that up.

Feeling better, Valerie? I wouldn't advise pulling those off without seeing a doctor first, though.

Anyways! Talked with the higher-ups, seems like the expedition will probably end up happening. Ingret it quite confident in her swimming abilities, too, so that part seems to be sorted, at least."


Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Hello everyone. Sorry for the lack of offices, I really should ask Liam to speed that up.

Feeling better, Valerie? I wouldn't advise pulling those off without seeing a doctor first, though.

Anyways! Talked with the higher-ups, seems like the expedition will probably end up happening. Ingret it quite confident in her swimming abilities, too, so that part seems to be sorted, at least."


Valerie carefully lowers her shirt, wincing slightly during the process.

Valerie: "Do we know how long the trip will take?"

7419-12-27 Monday


Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”We’ll have to actually time her swimming speed to make sure, but... A conservative estimate would be three times as long as flying, maybe? So something along the lines of four days on each leg of the journey. Not to mention however long we spend in the island proper.”


Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”We’ll have to actually time her swimming speed to make sure, but... A conservative estimate would be three times as long as flying, maybe? So something along the lines of four days on each leg of the journey. Not to mention however long we spend in the island proper.”


Valerie: "How much time do we have until leaving, at soonest?"
7419-12-27 Monday


Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:08 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"I want to get some water testing done with Ingret, so no sooner than mid-week. 2 days at soonest, probably 3.
...wonder if she needs a watercraft license."


Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"It's still going to be a couple of days, no sooner than mid-week. I'm going to run a couple swim tests with Ingret, and we still need to hear back from the higher-ups regarding the mana stones.

Why do you ask? Something you need to take care of in town?"


Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:37 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"It's still going to be a couple of days, no sooner than mid-week. I'm going to run a couple swim tests with Ingret, and we still need to hear back from the higher-ups regarding the mana stones.

Why do you ask? Something you need to take care of in town?"


Valerie: "Just trying to get a time frame."


Evelyn: "How would we study the long range mana transport if it's part of Dion's magic? I mean, we can observe the spirit itself, but the creation process would be hard."
7419-12-27 Monday


Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Best case scenario, we get her to teach it to us. Otherwise... Well, UM employs several skilled mages. I'd think it's possible to reverse engineer it somehow, even if it takes a while.

We might even end up starting a branch office in Raena. That'd be interesting, heh."


Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:47 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Best case scenario, we get her to teach it to us. Otherwise... Well, UM employs several skilled mages. I'd think it's possible to reverse engineer it somehow, even if it takes a while.

We might even end up starting a branch office in Raena. That'd be interesting, heh."

"Or, assuming we do give a bunch of mana stones to the mages at the seawalls... There may not be a need for Dion to keep sitting in Raena and sending mana. Actually duplicating it... well, I don't know yet. She had to learn it from somewhere. I, think. Quite possible her parent organization knows more. If not, well... unsure yet. We can decided how to proceed if we get to that point."


Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Best case scenario, we get her to teach it to us. Otherwise... Well, UM employs several skilled mages. I'd think it's possible to reverse engineer it somehow, even if it takes a while.

We might even end up starting a branch office in Raena. That'd be interesting, heh."


"Or, assuming we do give a bunch of mana stones to the mages at the seawalls... There may not be a need for Dion to keep sitting in Raena and sending mana. Actually duplicating it... well, I don't know yet. She had to learn it from somewhere. I, think. Quite possible her parent organization knows more. If not, well... unsure yet. We can decided how to proceed if we get to that point."


Evelyn: "I'm not sure spirit creation is something you can teach... If Dion's magic comes from her bloodline, reproducing it might not be, practical."
7419-12-27 Monday


Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4520
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Casual shrug, don't miss a beat.

"UC always thinks on the long term. It might not be practical, but it's certainly doable. I'm sure plenty of people here would volunteer."

>Wait for the other shoe to drop, flash her a smile.

"Come on, I'm joking. Magic can be taught, even if it's hard. We just have to keep moving forwards!"


Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hrm. True. That's the worst case scenario, yeah.
A really good spirit mage might be able to do something, but, probably not without cost. And good luck finding one who'd help us, even for pay.
Well, even if it doesn't work out, we can probably still learn something. A spirit that can carry large amounts of mana long distances reliably, without falling prey to reapers. Even if we can't make them ourselves, there's much to be learned from its structure."


Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10481
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hrm. True. That's the worst case scenario, yeah.
A really good spirit mage might be able to do something, but, probably not without cost. And good luck finding one who'd help us, even for pay.
Well, even if it doesn't work out, we can probably still learn something. A spirit that can carry large amounts of mana long distances reliably, without falling prey to reapers. Even if we can't make them ourselves, there's much to be learned from its structure."


Evelyn nods - it seem that answer was satisfactory for her.


Oliver stirs awake and looks around before rubbing his eyes.

Oliver: "What was that?"
7419-12-27 Monday


Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Dion's fancy durable cross-continental mana courier spirits?

Oh, and current plan is to depart for the southern island probably mid-week, after I do some water testing with Ingret."


Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6969 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421 ... 465  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.031s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]