View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466  Next
 World Reader 
Loose Canon

Post Re: World Reader
"That sounds good Valerie. Were you thinking multiple guns to arm the expedition, or one designated gunner?

I've gotten together the sports casters and armor, we've got several sets of just regular protective plates, the two military constructs, and a few sets of stronger armor with reflective coatings and isolated air supplies, though those're fitted to me, Bezel, and Claire. I think mine and Bezel's should be kept as is for now, maybe think about refitting Claire's to someone else on the expedition team.

Sports casters, we have one rifle, two carbines, three pistols not counting one I've already taken myself, and three gauntlets. I figure we'll want these more for utility and supplementary casting than our main firepower, so the gauntlets and pistols are probably going to be what we load up with. But, we'll test them all out, see if there's a noteworthy performance gap."

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:10 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"That sounds good Valerie. Were you thinking multiple guns to arm the expedition, or one designated gunner?

I've gotten together the sports casters and armor, we've got several sets of just regular protective plates, the two military constructs, and a few sets of stronger armor with reflective coatings and isolated air supplies, though those're fitted to me, Bezel, and Claire. I think mine and Bezel's should be kept as is for now, maybe think about refitting Claire's to someone else on the expedition team.

Sports casters, we have one rifle, two carbines, three pistols not counting one I've already taken myself, and three gauntlets. I figure we'll want these more for utility and supplementary casting than our main firepower, so the gauntlets and pistols are probably going to be what we load up with. But, we'll test them all out, see if there's a noteworthy performance gap."

Valerie: "I was thinking each of us would have a gun. If a beast charges us, we're more likely to land a killing shot if everyone is shooting."
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:23 am
Loose Canon

"Mm, so 4 or 5 of both guns total then.

Oliver, any status?"

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:26 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Mm, so 4 or 5 of both guns total then.

Oliver, any status?"

Oliver: "Did some research on the Lindow, with the limited info we have in the libraries 'ere. Basically, everything's got parasites. Boil water, cook everything before eating.

Tried to see if I could find anything on the ruins north of Ossolen too. There's uh, not a lot. Apparently used to be a big textile producer. Went dark pretty fast when the Daeli left.

Hard t'get anything beyond that, 'cept for urban legends and the like."

7419-01-04 Wednesday

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:41 am
Loose Canon

"Urban legends could still be useful. Might be a grain of truth somewhere.
If you see any recurring themes or patterns, take note of that. Especially anything that involves cloth."

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:43 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Urban legends could still be useful. Might be a grain of truth somewhere.
If you see any recurring themes or patterns, take note of that. Especially anything that involves cloth."

Oliver: "Whaddya mean especially?"
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:17 am

"Schals are known to roam those parts - You know, the tape monsters.

Apparently they can steal the memories and casting powers of the people they devour. The disappearances in the area might be the work of a particularly old speciment with vast knowledge.

That is all speculation, of course - at least for now."

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Ah, right. Bit of a story there, but basically Claire grew up in the area, and has been having hallucinations about freaky dolls made of felt, with real teeth and a fleshy mouth. Hearing that the area was known for textiles reinforces the idea that the two are connected."

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:46 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ah, right. Bit of a story there, but basically Claire grew up in the area, and has been having hallucinations about freaky dolls made of felt, with real teeth and a fleshy mouth. Hearing that the area was known for textiles reinforces the idea that the two are connected."

Oliver: "Well that ain't creepy. Anything else we should know?"
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:14 am
Loose Canon

"There have been disappearances of people who explore them, but I think I've already mentioned that. Aside from that, information is sparse.
It's really why I preferred the Raena ruins over these initially, the Lindow is at least a known set of threats."

Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:23 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"There have been disappearances of people who explore them, but I think I've already mentioned that. Aside from that, information is sparse.
It's really why I preferred the Raena ruins over these initially, the Lindow is at least a known set of threats."

Valerie: "How much does Claire know about the area?"
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:49 pm
Loose Canon

"Last I talked to her, she said she didn't remember much about her childhood. I'll ask her for any details, but I don't expect much. I've got a strong hunch whatever caused the hallucinations she saw also censored itself in her memories.
We can at least get a map of the area if we do a wide flyby in Ingret."

Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:42 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Last I talked to her, she said she didn't remember much about her childhood. I'll ask her for any details, but I don't expect much. I've got a strong hunch whatever caused the hallucinations she saw also censored itself in her memories.
We can at least get a map of the area if we do a wide flyby in Ingret."

Valerie: "Alright."

Oliver: "'least we don't have t'worry about dragons."

[Timeskip - Tomorrow, training session!]
[Other]
7419-01-04 Wednesday

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:36 am

>Skippy skip!

Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:37 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
>Skippy skip!

~

Your expedition team is assembled in the warehouse, along with Bezel and Claire.

Eight rifle cases are laid out on one end of a table, along with several bags of ammo and accessories. Boards, paper, and two-by-fours for target stands as well.

On the other end are several constructs - powered headphones for hearing protection while still letting you hear your surroundings, and belt-mounted corruption-based antimagic devices.

Bezel: "I'll come with you, make sure the constructs don't blow up or something. All ready?"
7419-01-05 Thursday

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 6977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466  Next