View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
"Alright, let's get to work, then. Bezel, focus on getting the data ready. Claire, could you find out how much mana storage we could reasonably bring down here? I suppose Bezel could fabricate the stones herself, but I'd rather not have her drain herself unless it's absolutely necessary.

I'll ask around and see what sort of weaponry the army has available in the frontlines. We need something precise and long-ranged enough to crack the shell, but not so powerful that it'd destroy the core outright."

>Wait for them to nod in agreement at my wisdom, then get to work. I assume there's some sort of quartermaster or gunnery engineer around? Might be a good place to start asking.

Tue May 16, 2017 4:07 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...Hm. Crazy idea.
Remote controlled laser birds? As in, a smarter, more logical intelligence is puppeting the birds. Would explain the tactics, and means the "logical" suicide decision is more of a "disposable" one."

Let's take things a bit slower.

Tue May 16, 2017 4:08 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
"...Hm. Crazy idea.
Remote controlled laser birds? As in, a smarter, more logical intelligence is puppeting the birds. Would explain the tactics, and means the "logical" suicide decision is more of a "disposable" one."

Carson: "Do they really need to be puppeting though? Sounds like they could pull that off with a chain of command and remote communications."

Tue May 16, 2017 4:21 am
Loose Canon

"Assuming the birds are smart enough. I'd heard they were pretty... beasty. But then again it doesn't take much intelligence to follow orders, if you know how to speak their language.
Hey, when it comes to witches like this, you can't discount the crazy ideas.
How smart are they, anyway? You've been down here a lot, you must have seen them over time. When did they start, well, wisening up?"

Tue May 16, 2017 4:27 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Assuming the birds are smart enough. I'd heard they were pretty... beasty. But then again it doesn't take much intelligence to follow orders, if you know how to speak their language.
Hey, when it comes to witches like this, you can't discount the crazy ideas.
How smart are they, anyway? You've been down here a lot, you must have seen them over time. When did they start, well, wisening up?"

Carson: "Hmm. I don't know if they really 'started', more of like, they were doing it over time. First they came in masses, not bothering about who attacks first or where they are. Then they put the weaker ones in the front and the stronger ones in the back. After that, they started breaking their giant rushes into groups so they were harder to shoot down. Then they started experimenting with varying altitudes.

I don't know exactly how smart they are, but they at least know to change when something isn't working."

Tue May 16, 2017 4:33 am

"...Hm.

Scary thought, don't you think? I mean, they're still attacking, even if we kill their queens and decimate their numbers.

For all their casualties and territorial losses, whatever it is they're trying to do-

It's working."

Wed May 17, 2017 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Eugh, grim.
Let's switch to something less dreadful. Where are you two from?"

Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Eugh, grim.
Let's switch to something less dreadful. Where are you two from?"

Carson: "Both us are from Meglunda, though Melanie had family that fled this area when the birds attacked. Not a sob story for her since she doesn't remember much, but it interests her."

Thu May 18, 2017 4:28 am

"I see. I'm all the way up from Albern, Claire here comes from Ossolen. I'm pretty sure Bezel's never been this far South, either.

It's not too bad, actually, aside from the whole war thing. Breezes are cooler, grass seems pretty green.
Ugh. If only the Daeli hadn't decided to pack up and leave completely, maybe there would be less beasts around. "

>Notice I probably sound like an old man with no patience for change, quickly try to backpedal.

"I suppose independence has its advantages too, though! Each city having its own customs and culture means there's a lot more work for us historically-minded folks."

Thu May 18, 2017 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
"I see. I'm all the way up from Albern, Claire here comes from Ossolen. I'm pretty sure Bezel's never been this far South, either.

It's not too bad, actually, aside from the whole war thing. Breezes are cooler, grass seems pretty green. More witches than I prefer, but hey, less manticores!
I wonder what it was like when the Daeli were still around to keep beasts in line."

Fri May 19, 2017 1:39 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

TorrentHKU wrote:
Areku wrote:

It's not too bad, actually, aside from the whole war thing. Breezes are cooler, grass seems pretty green. More witches than I prefer, but hey, less manticores!
I wonder what it was like when the Daeli were still around to keep beasts in line."

Carson: "Safer travelling, stricter magic. Not that the number of mages has drastically changed since the end of the war. We have a lot more freedom now, as well as a lot more chaotic things going on. And then you have the-"

The front door flies open and then quickly stops before it slams, though after Melanie steps through she shuts it with a decent amount of force.

Melanie: "UhhhhhhhhaaaaAAAAAAaaaahhh."

Carson: "Welcome back."

The arriving medic is in her white uniform with the sleeves rolled up, and her face looks like she's ready to kick a small dog and pass out in bed.

She grabs one of the MRE cans and sets it up, leaving it to heat while she rests her head on the table.

Sat May 20, 2017 7:03 am

"Uhm.

Hard day?"

>Look to Carson for guidance, being unsure of how to deal with cute but angry medics.

Sat May 20, 2017 7:10 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Areku wrote:
"Uhm.

Hard day?"

>Look to Carson for guidance, being unsure of how to deal with cute but angry medics.

Carson seems to just stare ahead while Melanie keeps her head down on the table.

Melanie: "Eleven died. Two required amputation of legs, one of arm. Fifteen are disfigured. Thirty-something with moderate to minor injuries."

Sun May 21, 2017 6:11 pm

"...Damn."

>Be silent. Our little scrape with a manticore was nothing compared to this. Feel sad that she had to go through it, but respect her for managing to continue to do her job and aid those in need.

>Try to put feelings into words, fail. Focus my courage.

"I know this is none of my business, but uh. You did good today, Melanie."

Sun May 21, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Areku wrote:
"...Damn. That's... a lot of people.
I know it might not mean much coming from me but, you did good today, Melanie."

Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148  Next