View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:39 pm



Reply to topic  [ 4638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306 ... 310  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Whistle.

"Impressive. I'm betting by next expedition we'll have semi-autonomous giant robot suits."


Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Comfy. You think we'll need to use them this trip?"


Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:38 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9129
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Comfy. You think we'll need to use them this trip?"


Bezel: "I hope not. With our current plan-"

The PA speakers in the office sound up, and Bezel's, well, Ingret's, voice fills the air.

Ingret: "Something is attacking me. Explosions every few seconds. I can regenerate faster than they're damaging me, but it's making flight a bit shaky."

Bezel: "What kind of explosions? Are there projectiles?"

Ingret: "No projectiles. Just sudden explosions out of no where."

Bezel: "Long range artifact magic, maybe. How difficult is flight right now?"

Ingret: "Not too bad, just annoying."
7419-11-29 Saturday


Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:53 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Do you see any villages or signs of people down below?
Also do you know morse code by any chance, either of you?"


Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"If we can go on, just keep going. Otherwise, uh, annoy them back? Let's try and not escalate until we know what we're dealing with."

after hku's!


Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:56 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"If we can go on, just keep going. Otherwise, uh, annoy them back? Let's try and not escalate until we know what we're dealing with."

after hku's!

Do not say this plz, Ingret's "annoy them back" involves lasers. And humans are much squishier than Ingrets.


Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9129
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Do you see any villages or signs of people down below?
Also do you know morse code by any chance, either of you?"


Ingret: "Farmland, a few houses, a few people here and there.

I know morse code. I have requested a cease fire, they are not complying."

7419-11-29 Saturday


Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Are there clouds around? You could write on them with a laser, maybe. Tell them to stop.

Otherwise, let's just... Move on, I guess. If you're not in real danger, let them waste their ammo."


Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9129
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Are there clouds around? You could write on them with a laser, maybe. Tell them to stop.

Otherwise, let's just... Move on, I guess. If you're not in real danger, let them waste their ammo."


Ingret: "Not enough clouds. I will keep flying."


A few minutes pass before she reports that the explosions have stopped. The rest of the journey is uneventful - no attacks or enemy sightings. Though, Ingret does report seeing several roaming clouds of mist near the edge of the forest - the ones that Priestess Dion warned you about. Unnatural mist bodies that move regardless of the wind direction, hiding something unknown.


~


The PA speakers blare to life again.

Ingret: "I see a large clearing with ruins where East Maazo is supposed to be. Also a large intact village with people, where West Maazo should be.

Requesting permission to land.



No response.

I can see people looking at me and pointing. No hostile action received yet."

7419-11-30 Sunday


Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Try and land on the clearing, away from the village. Let's not look TOO threatening."


Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9129
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Try and land on the clearing, away from the village. Let's not look TOO threatening."


Ingret: "Understood."

~

You experience a split second of free-fall before landing on your feet, stumbling a bit before gaining your balance. Ingret seems to have figured out how to flip things upside down when moving them from her core to her throat, making it so you're not going head-first into the ground every time upon exit.

A large clearing surrounded by trees, filled with collapsed mud huts overtaken with plants.

East Maazo, the razed village.

Bezel: "Should we continue there on foot, or wait for them to come to us?"
7419-11-30 Sunday


Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:01 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Let's start approaching, but wait outside for them to actually come talk to us."


Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9129
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Let's start approaching, but wait outside for them to actually come talk to us."


Bezel: "Alright. Keep an eye out for danger."

Both of you have one of the Priestess's thuribles hooked to your belt. You lead the way towards West Maazo, using a long stick to batter away the foliage and follow an old, overgrown trail heading west.

Swarms of insects fill the air, birdsong is everywhere, and every pool of water and stagnant stream seems to have some shadow lurking underneath.

After a while of walking, you see movement ahead, further up the path. As it comes closer, you see it's a group of people - dark skinned with black hair, like those at Raena. They're wearing animal-skin clothing, though just enough to cover up.

They halt when they see you, clearly on edge.
7419-11-30 Sunday


Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Slowly raise hand, speak up.

"Hello! We, come in peace. I am Ralph, these are Bezel and Ingret. You are...?"


Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Before Areku's
"Stay back a bit, Ingret."
> Step forward a couple steps, so they know we're talking to them.


Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:59 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306 ... 310  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.027s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]